Watching this for the first time in forever and just now noticing how much laugh-track use there is for stuff that's...

Watching this for the first time in forever and just now noticing how much laugh-track use there is for stuff that's not even that funny.

Was this the Big Bang Theory of it's day?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/That_'70s_Show#Impact
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big_Bang_Theory#Episodes
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No

BBT was worse. like WAY worse

No they only made like 20 aerosmith and led zeppelin references.

That 70s Show had actual heart and likable characters, so no.

this

this show is perfect comfort food

Not even close.

>It's a characters pretend Donna is hot episode

I hate this show just for this.

>tfw you want to be hyde but you're actually fez

She's considered hot for 70s standards.

donna > jackie

Horrible taste, user

>laugh-tracks
They filmed in front of a live audience. There were probably light-up signs that said "LAUGH" "AWW" and "CLAP" though.

>Was this the Big Bang Theory of it's day?
It was. It's just that people got especially triggered by BBT because "muh nerd culture", even fucks who pretend to hate "nerd culture" crap.

BBT is the exact same format as 70's Show. They're both kind of crap, but it's easy "comfortable" comedy

No, the show had many hot girls in it, and Donna wasn't even close to them in attractiveness.

>BBT is the exact same format as 70's Show.
No shit. The difference is that one is enjoyable and funny while the other is like getting fucked in the eye with a rusty knife.

Big Bang is the spiritual successor to That 70's show. The show ended, and That 80's show flopped, so they needed another "oh, the 70's/geeks, haha, so wacky, less overexagerrate what it/they're like with an audience laughing so you know when to laugh too!"

It's the same exact shit. It's just that the people on places like Sup Forums/reddit and shit don't feel a personal connection to the 70's, but are more inclined to think "what? I'm a geek, and it's totally not like that!"

The first season of Big Bang Theory is actually breddy gud. It's been so long, I don't remember exactly when it fell off, but I remember it soon became basically all about relationships.

That 70's show holds up for way longer than BBT

Which is which?

It's the same exact type of humor and timing, user. It's just a different frame of reference.

Every single character on the BBT is a caricature that can be summed up in a single sentence.

Shit on the 70's show all you want, but it still holds up today

>Every single character on the BBT is a caricature that can be summed up in a single sentence.
Same for That 70's Show. There were "moments" (just like on BBT), but they were not complex characters. They were easily digestable for the audience.

>Shit on the 70's show all you want, but it still holds up today
For you it does. For others, BBT will also "hold up" for them in the future.

It's the same stupid shit.

BBT just isn't funny. That 70s show had it's moments of comedy.

Comedy is subjective. I agree BBT is not funny, but a lot of people think it is, just like you happen to think 70's show is.

That 70s show came out when I was younger so that makes it better than the BBT.

More people seem to think BBT was funnier.

That 70's show hit its peak its first season, at 11.9 million viewers.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/That_'70s_Show#Impact

Big Bang Theory hit its peak last season at 19.36 million (it grew every single year from when the show first premiered).
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big_Bang_Theory#Episodes

You can say its shit and not funny (and I'd agree), but it's all subjective to our own tastes and preferences. I think Family Guy is shit, but it's hugely popular.

Maybe in Season 1 of that 70's Show, where they did reference a lot of crap from the era. It grew past that and gave it more of a story and better characterization

Well there's 10 million more niggers now so that should explain it.

>For you it does. For others, BBT will also "hold up" for them in the future.

It won't, simply because it references and relies on the viewer being in touch with modern pop-culture in order for the majority of the jokes to have any punch to them.

I don't think they're the target audience, user
The target audience is apparently all of Sup Forums's relatives, who trigger them when they say "oh user, you remind me of !" and laugh.

The humor isn't "oh, it's current tech/trend". It's "oh, those geeks are obsessed with their silly little toys and trinkets, and some silly tech trend".

The details of it isn't what keep idiots watching (most of them don't know what half of that stuff even is anyway; your grandmother doesn't know what a nintendo emulator is).

>The target audience is apparently all of Sup Forums's relatives, who trigger them when they say "oh user, you remind me of !" and laugh.
REEEEEE

They live in the middle of bumfuck nowhere in Ohio. Donna is a Midwest 9, New York 7 and a LA 5.

I seriously dislike That 70's Show.

I can't explain why, I just do.

Probably similar reasons to why you hate BBT? Because it's the same type of low-effort fast food humor?

She's not.

t. Midwest

Wisconsin, actually. Funnily enough, Point Place is supposed to be a suburb of where I live.

literally every throwaway female character on this show is hotter than Donna

And Donna is hotter than Jackie. Really makes you think.

If you're into butch lumberjacks.

I think That 70's Show gains or loses at least two points out of ten depending on if you watched it as a teenager.

except it's not because at least the 70's show gave you the benefit of a setup to their punchlines instead of making references by themselves being the punchlines

>this alienware PC has windows XP install
>HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAH
>I don't like that
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH

Mila Kunis was 15 at the time, and her fist kiss was with ashton kutcher during the shooting.

And Britney Spears was virgin when her first album came out?

No.

That is also why Ashton pretended to be with Demi Moore, as he has always been with Kunis since she was 15 and he was 25..They had do publicity that he wasn't like that.

Man, i was in my 20s when the show airing, and it was soo comfy whatching then hang out with my friends. This series has a huge emotional binding to me.

Anyway, i think the magic gone with the season 5, 6 was not so good, and 7 was really bad.

Season 8 was shit

Don't be naive

Same type of low grade pleb humour, but faggots give it a pass because "muh 70s and weed!"

Eric: says something normal
Hyde: weed joke
Fez: some perv shit
Michael: says something unimaginably dumb
Hyde: witty retort
Jackie: something about Michael being dumb but hot
Fez: more perv shit

*parents come downstairs*

Mom: something screechy
Dad: something foot up your asses

*audience bench collapses due to uproarious laughter*

Laughing already desu. What a good show.

Why are you so angry? You make the same posts everytime the show is mentioned and even start your own sometimes! And Donna was hot you insecure manlet