Do people speak French at home in Africa or their native languages...

Do people speak French at home in Africa or their native languages? I'd imagine home use of French is more common in Sub-Saharan Africa than North Africa, where the allure of Arabic is stronger

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sls5H4xVHys
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equatorial_Guinea#Languages
youtube.com/watch?v=bVYnM72g0y0
youtube.com/watch?v=1v2mGk2-qS0
youtube.com/watch?v=FPigOoXLTBc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They mostly speak their natice language at home with the exception of the capitals of their countries or other big major cities

>Egypt
Please explain.
I thought after WW1 it was under British occupation

Africans live naked in the jungle.

They learn French as an optional language. It's basically dead now.

Joint French and British control for a while, then only British

>Africans
>Learning

I've watched documentaries that take place in Algeria or Morocco, and they all spoke French instead of Arabic

Nah they don't, they mostly spoke French to the journalists so translation can be easier
(You)

>Equatorial Guinea
>French

Aren't they Spanish speaking?

youtube.com/watch?v=sls5H4xVHys

>there are more Africans speaking French than Frenchmen speaking French
hmm really makes you think

France oui !

What does that have to with french learning in Egypt you brainlet

there are more blacks speaking english than uk as well..

English is the lingua franca and spoken by every civilized white person

Why does it seem like English speaking Africa has less of a grasp of English than French speaking Africa with French?

In some rich places they often speak French but the rest of them speak their local dialect.
French is more something for the educated people, or sometimes as a lingua franca because, as you may know, in Sub-Saharan Africa, there's like 10 or more différents languages in each countries, most of them don't need it. But still, surprisingly, quite a lot of them know some words from school and can keep a conversation
t. Been in afriga

>spoken by every civilized white person
no they are speaking airport english, civilized white people have their own language and own culture, if people have to rely on english it means you're either cucked or irrelevant.

france confirmed for an african colony

because they speak OUR language ? lol

It was made official to join the Organisation internationale de la Francophonie.
>French was only made official in order to join the Francophonie an it is not locally spoken, except in some border towns.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equatorial_Guinea#Languages

here in NA we speak a mixture of Arabic/french and Berber.
>I'd imagine home use of French is more common in Sub-Saharan Africa than North Africa
correct but their accent is so fucking thick that you can't understand anything

I wonder if French will ever occupy the same kind of space in Africa as Spanish eventually did in Latin America.

I mean, Rwanda pretty much decertified French as a national language and replaced it with English, but everyone is still learning French

Guinea-Bissau doesn't speak french

What's the difference between Maghrebi Arabic and standard Arabic?

tbqh, if i was african leader, contemplating the absolute shithole my country is with everything to be done, i would also switch to an easier and widely spoken language.

Well alot of arabic words in maghrebi dialect get modified a bit and the conjugation changes but the biggest difference is the amazigh/french/italian/spanish influence.

It's also probably their lingua franca within those countries and interethnic/intertribal speaking uses. Also helpful for diplomatic, economical, security relations between the govt of those countries.

The problem is that 'our' leaders(im maghrebi) still suck the french dick in different forms. For example in tunisia high school education is still in fucking french. Pic related my bac math

The French were in Africa for a LOT less amount of time than the Spanish in Latin America.

Lets see what happens in the next 100 years. I have a feeling English will be the only language spoken in the world by our great-grandkids generation

French is in decline in Africa and is replaced by English. They know what roles those languages have today

how influenced by berber is morrocan arabic?
is it semi visible as an underlying layer or separate

Semi visible

>map showing the traditional language families, subfamilies and major languages spoken in Africa

>What's the difference between Maghrebi Arabic and standard Arabic?
well in Maghrebi Arabic we pronounce the words differently but the major difference is the berber/french influence.
also i heard from middle eastern that we speak fast and with an aggressive tone lol

At what point does a foreign language become a native one? Languages like Afrikaans and Arabic clearly aren't native to Africa

Do you speak French?

Oui but my English is better which is very rare in Algeria

>tfw no algerian qt to argue with me daily
why even live

I guess theybare native because they qre local dialects that were developed since like 1000 year.
Any educated algerian speaks French m8

Algerian girls love white cock if you gib them that EU passport they will do anything

The caption in wki says traditional languages in Africa - not natives from Africa.

that looks white to me
are you cherrypicking or are algerians that white

That's bullshit and you know it.

He's cherrypicking big time.

>or irrelevant
Relevancy is a strange thing. It surely now that English is international lingua franca, and there is only one of the type. But, to think, about nobody speaks proper British English, even in Britain, lol.

in what it's bullshit, non native english speaker are talking a fucking simplified english also called airport english just for the need to understand each others for the very basic things, if you have strong culture identity as France, Japan, China, you' suck at english, because you have absolutely no purpose to learn it.

>It's also probably their lingua franca within those countries and interethnic/intertribal speaking uses.

Many are multilingual so they either switch to a native language they both or use a neutral "trade" language that was built from trade like Sanga in Car.

Because many other civilized white nations can speak English well. France, southern europe and east asia are only exceptional because their language education system or in south Europe's case regular education is shit.

>can speak English well
Only ones to speak good English is cuckscandinavians except finns and germans. Cause they are of germanic language group.

But France education isn't shit, we have tons of medal fields owner, east asian universities are the best in the world, don't pretend you travel whatever country and people are talking a deep english language, besides telling you hello, this way, say thx subhuman, say barely speak english.

french education is too theoretical

they all speak french. proof here.

youtube.com/watch?v=bVYnM72g0y0

top kek, Mosconi reincarnated into a nigger ?

youtube.com/watch?v=1v2mGk2-qS0

top lel thx

hope you know a lil french you gonna pee your pants
youtube.com/watch?v=FPigOoXLTBc

I dunno why but its weird to see a black person speak French

>he said, in English

It speaks more French than Portuguese, actually.

are you triggered ? you should be shit at english too.

is the use of french increasing, decreasing or stable in the maghreb?

We're better than France at English, mate.

you completely misunderstood my previous posts but whatever, good for you, i guess, lol

>because their language education system or in south Europe's case regular education is shit.
My country has a high proeficiency. Probably because everything English is 95% subbed unlike Spain and Brazil is dubbed we don't learn Spanish as 2nd language.

While Spanish most have to learn Spanish and their regional language: Basque, Catalan, etc not counting the small dialects, we don't have these regional languages except a Northeastern verysmall region that speaks a dialect from Astur-Leonese.

Plus not counting my country having a lower immigrant population than France and Spain - that part of it must be interested in learning Arabic due to religion plus some families speak Amazigh.

My parents still learnt France as 2nd language in initial years of 70s but it changed with time and educational systrem was reformed.