Mark Hamill: I fundamentally disagree with virtually everything Rian Johnson has decided about my character

Mark Hamill: I fundamentally disagree with virtually everything Rian Johnson has decided about my character

youtube.com/watch?v=Xw0IR6fJlV0

he got killed off and is butthurt

ayy lmao it's gonna be a trainwreck isn't it?

Luke turned to the dark side / wants the jedi to die

This is the end for you my master.

If you listen to some of hamill's interviews he kinda wanted luke to be like some sort of sentimental and caring grandfather figure.

I like the guy but he's not a writer.

Everything must be ruined.

so he wanted Luke to become Obi Wan in the original trilogy?

Who cares what an actor thinks how a character should be written.

Also he had major issues with George in Return of the Jedi too.
He had some autistic idea of an "evil clone Luke" made from his chopped of arm, not making this up.

Also everyone is taking this way out of context because in the next sentence he is sucking Ryans cock how much he overpraised the dude.

I dont give a shit what you think

No, more hammy. Think a cheesy teen action flick or the shitty ending scene from the fight club book

>letting actors decide the direction of the character they play
no, THAT would be a trainwreck

Hamill actually wanted Luke to turn to the dark side. Johnson probably turned Luke into Yoda/Obi-Wan 2.0.

jesus...maybe he should be killed off before he actually manages to influence the script

Mark Hamill is a mediocre actor riding a nostalgia wave and constantly bitching 24/7 about literally everything he doesn't like. If he wasn't an "actor" he would be a fat annoying asshole on facebook that everyone ignores.

>putting actors on a pedestal

Hamill is a smart guy he clearly knows he's not the writer and gives the directors benefit of the doubt, he just seems more upset that they don't care about his ideas and ignore him.

GIB MONIE

They already ruined Luke by portraying him as a pussy ass bitch that went into hiding after Kylo (somehow) killing his students. What more can they do to his character that's not already done?

this

but its a shit decision so rightfully so

>That awkward scene cut every 5 seconds
Please don't shill your u-tube on Sup Forums mister

UNJUSTl

I actually feel really stupid now that you mention this. Why the fuck didn't Luke kill Kylo?

holy fuck an actor being honest

If this was my video and it already had half a million views, why would I "shill" it on a Nepalese basket-weaving forum?

>>That awkward scene cut every 5 seconds

You've never seen a compilation of any kind?

>implying that would be a good thing

Yeah, literally fuck the entire character development in the old trilogy cause Luke would look cool with a red lightsaber.

Because then there'd be no movie

Why didn't Obi-Wan kill Darth Vader?

he thought he did, just couldn't deal the finishing blow

nah that's cheap, at least explain it away, I hope they do in the third

Instead he's a guy who has lost all hope and ran away for 30 years, negating everything that happened in the original trilogy. It's fucking terrible. Abrams pushed a reset button and the characters are back to square one. It fucking sucks.

Because he was a good friend

>he thought he did

Bullshit.

>negating everything that happened in the original trilogy

Something that happens in the future cannot "negate" the original trilogy.

It's almost like life is full of hills and valleys.

Who tf is this?

dude was dismembered and literally burning to death near magma. He was pretty fucking dead unfortunately Palpatine (who Obi Wan though Yoda had killed) showed up and saved Anakin

>Abrams pushed a reset button and the characters are back to square one.

Kind of like Empire Strikes Back. Dipshit.

>It fucking sucks.

Cry more, fag.

>luke tried to lead the new Jedi order after RotJ
>didn't realize in time that one of his students was turning to the dark side
>that causes the Empire to return in a new form
>luke blames himself
>goes into recluse bc he sees himself and Jedi as a negative influence on the universe
>hence the infamous line from the trailer

The only thing that makes sense and is inline with the ending of RotJ. The whole "Luke is a sith" theory is kind of dumb and edgy.

Heath Ledger as the Joker before they put the makeup on.

He's spot on. Star Wars is fucking terrible now.

Why does Mark Hamill's face always looks like he walked through poison ivy or something?

cause cameras are really good and he doesn't wear a cake

I'd be willing to look like that if I was going through Poison Ivy everyday if you know what I mean?

will Luke have taken the Kreiapill in episode 8?

After most of these quotes the video goes on to him saying that once he saw what the director was actually going for he was on board. This video is just crap editing

Luke really should've had a bigger/borderline had one at all and should've had Luke, Leia & han together one last time. honestly the whole idea of Luke fucking off instead of dealing with his mistake after ROTJ seems dumb as shit

T H I S

>t. pleb

He was talking about episode 8, not 7.

Shill-kun, I realize you are being paid by the post, but try not to make it so obvious.

The fanboyism in this thread is pathetic. They can't defend TFA so they just blurt out "UH NO U"

I'd be pissed too if I'm being replaced with a Mary Sue played by a shit actress, like Daisy Ridley

>this is his legacy
feels kind of bad man

Well, this?
I doubt Hamill was happy with decision, and they surely expanded on why he turned into a pussy in the new movie, which is what he probably disagreed with.

Really? Because I'd be sort of happy if I was rescued from acting limbo and given millions to reprise a superflous role in an otherwise new trilogy.

>Shill-kun
You got it, SENPAI!!! DESUUUUU

You almost fit in, but not quite.

>who Obi Wan though Yoda had killed
That's a stupid ass assumption to make.

>1$ deposited to your account

>Luke never reunites with Han and Leia
>At most he gets to see Chewbacca and maybe C3PO

The character of Obi-Wan Kenobi in Lucas's original draft was called "General Luke Skywalker." He an old Toshiro Mifune type.

The character of Luke was called "Annikin Starkiller."

There's a wonderful comic series that draws Lucas's original draft from 1975. It came out the year before Disney bought Star Wars. It has lots of influence from the 1930s serials and the 1970s science ficiton zine illustration. It's fucking great.

based

>but i will still do the movies because muh paycheck

No point pretending you have any integrity if you don't actually follow through

>That's a stupid ass assumption to make.
Yoda is like a God to Obi Wan, he beat Anakin so I actually think Obi Wan could think that Yoda beat the emperor. and again Obiwan was pretty sure he had killed Anakin

>Kreiapill

You mean take no pill at all

Is Stirner the biggest spook of them all?

It's the last worthwhile Star Wars product I've seen. You see how his ideas evolved. Originally the character of Anakin Skywallker/Darth Vader was three characters:

The religious Sith lord aspect of Darth Vader was the character of "Prince Valorum," master of the dark side of the force and the emperors right hand man. An ok villain. Lucas used the word Sith a lot.

The SS-type military officer/enforcer who goes in and fucks shit up and turns good at the end when he realizes what the empire was doing is wrong was called Darth Vader. He's not related to anyone. Lucas wrote in the notes to his draft that the character is like a Green Beret who decides to join the Vietcong because he realizes what the USA was doing in Vietnam was wrong. Aspects of this made it into Lucas's ideas for Apocalypse Now. He's just one General of many, a military man.

Finally, the apprentice of the old General (called Luke but who became Obi-Wan), who was the main protagonist's father and half man half robot, was called Kane Starkiller (who became Anakin Skywalker)

Kane Starkiller is alive at first, and he trains Annikin, but when the Sith come he seeks out his old master Luke Skywalker, and die sacrificing himself to save the others.

So you see Darth Vader was Valorum, Darth Vader, and Kane Starkiller all in one. First Lucas combines his two villains, then he makes the young Jedi's father dead sooner, then he makes him be the main villain.

yeah but mark hamill is old and weird and sucks

That's exactly what happened to the new Ghostbusters, 80% of the dialog is just improv and it shows.

You suck.

>all the disney shills itt
I've never seen so many of them in one thread before. It's kind of breathtaking actually.

I never liked him. He's a great voice actor, but honestly I think the main guy from Battlestar Galactica Richard Hatch would've been a better Luke Skywalker in the 70s.

I don't consider these new movies to be real Star Wars. Disney just paid Lucas money for the rights to that brand name. It's like the ship of theseus. At this point it's not Stars Wars anymore to me. So I don't give a shit about him or these stupid new movies.

But the original draft I consider to be all Star Wars, because it's Lucas's unfiltered original ideas, from Kurosawa and Flash Gordon. It's pure, uncut heroin from the poppy fields.

it's obviously not a superfluous role but i agree, also daisy is clearly a better actor than mark

There's a difference between improv with good and bad actors, user.

Come on now. Ridley is high school play tier bad.

A line here and there is one thing, but when your entire movie goes off script every 2 seconds because one of them did a funny the script may as well not even exist. The whole thing felt like a bad SNL sketch.

That's because they were incompetent hacks.

That would bastardize his character even more, user. Luke doesn't kill family.

Why is he talking shit about his own movie *before* it is even released? What does he stand to gain from this?

>acting limbo
>mark hamill

k

He can afford to be honest because Disney can't do shit against him.

Firing ''Luke'' would backfire hard

actors are the least important part of a film. Only plebeians care about them.

>star wars thread

oh, of course. Nothing but brainlet tourists itt

Also a lot of this went into Phantom Menace. Annikin falls in love with Princess Leia. Leia is like Queen Amidala, and Annikin is like Anakin. There are two jedi, an old master and a young apprentice, protecting a princess whose planet has been invaded.

You know that scene of the Plinkett review where he says the character of Qui-gonn Jin and Obi-Wan should have been combined into a new character called Obi-Wan Kenobi? Well, that's what Lucas's original draft was. It's about one Jedi master protecting the princess on planet Aquilae and finding Anakin.

But I think Lucas wanted that older jedi and younger master dynamic from his original script.

So in the first movie Qui-Gonn fills in the role of Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan is the character of Annkin Starkiller. Master and apprentice protect the princess. But in the first draft the young apprentice and princess fall in love.

So then by the second and third movies the character of Obi-Wan Kenobi plays the role of General Luke Skywalker and Anakin Skywalker plays Annikin Starkiller.

Princess Leia plays Queen Amidala. She becomes a queen by the end of the movie. She was never a Senator.

no she's not and the acting in the OT was mostly terrible

mark hamill is high school play tier bad, this is not up for debate whatsoever

no you're right, he was really setting the world on fire

ask someone to name an a-list actor and the first name out of their mouths will undoubtedly be "mark hamill, the actor who's been in many famous movies that are not star wars"

And that's not even including the first draft, which almost the same as the rough draft, except all the names are changed.

A-2 was changed from Artoo

C-3 was changed from Threepio

Dodona was changed from General Valorum

Boma was changed from Chewbacca, who is half Chewbacca and half Wicket.

Hu Tho was changed from Owen Lars, who is a settler on the Wookie planet during the Ewok/Wookie scenes.

Ngai Thuc was changed from Seig Darklighter - noticed the Vietnam influence

Akira Valor was changed from Kane Starkiller

Justin Valor was changed from Annikin Starkiller

Princess Zara was changed from Princess Leia

Then when he did his rewrite he changed most of these names back.

hm...you know what you're right about that. Thanks user..maybe he could've captured him or something but eh

You mean Luuke Skywalker?

He's right to be angry, as is the sequels basically being copies of the OT as a soft reboot literally undermine the better movies.

but that was guaranteed to happen once lucas sold to disney, and a good chunk of people here including hard Otfags are to blame.

it isn't "bait." most people aren't autistic enough to sit here and "troll" people they don't even know.

whether you think i'm trolling or whether you just can't come up with a good reply, either way you're a fucking retard

Please identify which of these you consider to be "good acting"

1. Luke when Vader said "I am your father"
2. Leia when Luke tells her she's his sister
3. Luke on the hologram talking to Jabba the Hutt
4. Han talking to C3PO while in Ewok custody

I wonder if people for a moment thought "if there's a sequel trilogy it will be a remake/reboot of the OT"

I have a feeling not a single person alive besides a few jews thought of that.

>Lucas was ultra autistic about his characters
>Hamill got all infos about Luke from him and so has a clear idea on what kind of human he is
>instead of respecting that Disney writers and directors make up their own shit

Mark Hamil was also signed on for The Killing Joke.

A SJW Safe Space version that butchered the comic, but "he loved the script".

>he kinda wanted luke to be like some sort of sentimental and caring grandfather figure.
There's nothing particularly wrong with that, though.

>He's right to be angry

he obviously isn't, unless this is more of his "great acting"

>the sequels basically being copies of the OT

having a desert planet and a big spherical weapon does not make TFA a "copy" of ANH

>literally undermine the better movies

they literally don't. if something is a good movie nothing can "undermine" it simply by existing

>a good chunk of people here including hard Otfags are to blame.

literally no one on this board is to blame at all, also "OTfags" are more commonly known as "star wars fans" or "normal people who like the OT more than PT" or "heterosexuals"

u r autist

>sell something
>moan when the new owners don't do exactly what you want with it

"making up your own shit" is also known as "writing"