Work life

>work life
>private life

Why do Americans do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Eu-49yor7lQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They are rich Luciano, majority of the world just havw to work to exist

You spend part of your life at work, part of it not at work. This is not a hard concept to understand.

But why do you behave differently when at work? Why do you have "work friends" instead of just friends? "Work clothes" (not uniforms) instead of just clothes?

I don't understand this division, its like the whole country is bipolar

Because not all of us have the luxury of spending all day sunbathing in the favela and robbing European tourists

youtube.com/watch?v=Eu-49yor7lQ

It's not nessecarily in one's best interest to be best friends with your colleagues.

Stupidity

Because people at work are people you are forced to spent time with while friends are people you choose to associate with due to sharing interests and affection?

You behave differently when you're at work... because you're at work. It's not being out in another public place or your home. Can you really not understand this?

there is no such thing as employment or income in his country. You have to bear with him here.

you have a point...

only a complete corporate drone (the same sort of person who claims to "work with what he loves") would mix up his private life with his work life. your boss isn't your "pal", your company isn't your "family".

most people here would rather hire their family/friends than a slightly more qualified stranger
i imagine its the same in brazil

This. Kind of surprising coming from SAs who often have a leftist streak to them but well most of you guys are members and descendants of the corrupt bourgeoise upper class that prefer to employ their cousins and friends from school instead of people competent for the job.

Because they're stupid

I dont think thats what OP was talking about at all autismo

that's right though.

you work. After you are done, bye bitches, no one should be breaking my balls

in the sense that people calling you for work related stuff, or just thinking of things related to work: big no no.

When I was still working on my undergrad degree I had an entry level nothing part time job.

My girlfriend at the time decided to get a job at the same place a few weeks after I started there. Having to spend my time at work also with her probably helped sink that relationship more than anything

You don't want to mix these things up.

He wasn't talking about it because he isn't aware that in civilized countries being the friend of someone is often not enough to be employed.

I dare say that Germans do this even more, considering there are laws regulating if an employer can cantoact an employee and a common to wish someone nice "Feierabend", which is specificaly the freetime after work.
If you want to bait burgers, you have to try harder, maybe ask where all the foreskins end up, that Dr. Goldstein doesn't add to his collection

Yes. It's true because our definition of a friend is less loose than in the US. Here friend is not some guy at work, your neighbor your classmates. Friends are people you've known for years, even decades. People you've shared major life experiences and stages with. Yes, even that colleague you might have known for years is like anyone else just an acquaintance.

>yuros are so bad at socializing it takes them decades to form a coherent bond

This genuinely makes me envious of Europeans. Within Canada, friendship has a very transient aspect to it. It's incredibly rare here to have a long-lasting friendship, discluding childhood friends you attended school with. It's as if friends are mere people to pass you by over the course of life instead of anything concrete, anything prolonged and sentimental.

I really don't get the point of this thread. I'm sure brazil has corporate straight laced business culture within it's cities just like in the USA.

As opposed to Americans who are so atomized that they hardly form any bond ever except for very superficial ones? If you tell a German 'we should hang out some time' he will have look at his schedule and let you know when they are available this weekend. If you tell a German 'talk to you later'. You will get an agree response from someone next morning who waited for your call last evening. All of these things don't even have an inflated meaning to Americans. They are nothing.

>our definition of a friend is less loose than in the US
>Friends are people you've known for years, even decades. People you've shared major life experiences and stages with. Yes, even that colleague you might have known for years is like anyone else just an acquaintance.
Why would you assume that this isn't the case in the US?

Seems like projection because that is literally what happens there, atleast in my experience. Not every American is a high school age teenager.

Then why do you all still dress like them?

You're problem is that you expect some braindead German shitskin who only watches exported CBS trash and reads Sup Forums to have any meaningful understand of America.

Seriously, never fall for the "insightful & cosmopolitan" European meme. I've seen tremendous amounts of ignorant shit spewed by foreigners here. We only meme about ourselves because we're the most numerous and exposed here.

Because Americans are not so tawdry as to care about clothes, "dressing to impress" is such a faggoty thing. We're different from Euros because we are humble , we dont need to wear a suit everyday to not be judged by pretentious homosexuals shilling for fashion industries overthere. We're comfortable people.

>You're

Nigga, within the last two years I have been to the US two times and also Canada. How many times have you been to Europe and how many local languages do you speak? Tell me where you gained you intercultural and worldly perspective from.

Yeah I know what you mean, I've heard comments on it from Americans irl a few times, how in Germany friendship is quite a lot deeper and rarer than in the States, but hey, since we're slightly critical of the US we'll get quite a few angry (You)'s

You don't argue against customary variety by affirming it, retard.

Not an argument.

>But why do you behave differently when at work? Why do you have "work friends" instead of just friends? "Work clothes" (not uniforms) instead of just clothes?
Because I prefer my coworkers not he aware of the fact I'm a hard drive into son of a bitch. I also am smarter enough to not fuck my coworkers.

>Seriously, never fall for the "insightful & cosmopolitan" European meme
i've known that for a while now. in my experience on Sup Forums, leafs, Mexis, and South Americans unironically have a better understanding of this country than Euros do. You almost get the feeling that everything they know about the US comes from Paramount Studios, Mcdonalds and CNN broadcasts.

>he aware of the fact I'm a hard drive into son of a bitch.
Fuck me I meant.
*be aware of the fact I'm a hard drinking son of bitch.

>300 million people behave the same way
>that redneck sperging about why it's okay to be fat and wear clothes from target
please delete thread

The glorification of idiot busywork is what I hate most about here. Droning for hours in from of a subway counter is beneath every human being and really isn't a necessary service

The only Canadian in this thread said. exactly what I was describing and agreed.

>Nigga, within the last two years I have been to the US two times and also Canada.

Before I continue, is that it? Is that the abysmally low standard for cultural literacy that you're going to set? if you're measure is "I've traveled briefly to many countries" then I get the feeling that I can easily win this weirdo contest of yours.

>how many local languages do you speak?
Mandarin & Cantonese (I'm Chinese born) Swahili (from missionary work), Spanish and English. I have a serviceable understanding of French too

>I've travelled to US and Canada so i know everything about the world
Germans are literal clowns

China and East Africa are not in Europe.

shut up faggot
As you know people in latam usually have long work ours, their personal life is inevitably intertwined with their work life.

>As you know people in latam usually have long work ours

How fucking long though? Work hours here are about 6 to 8 hours a day on average.

usually ten, might be longer depending in what you do, and working the weekends is also common.

>implying most americans don't work in "classified" places that do child killings all over the world so they have to distance themselves from it to not alert normies
glow in the dark cia niggers all of them

8 to 9 hours for me in france