Attack on Titan

Is it anime kino, or is it just a weeb meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany–Japan_relations
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm watching the second season right now. Not bad at all. It got me to watch some other stuff. I still don't like hardcore weebshit though.

It's weeb shit.
The only Anime Kinos I'm aware of is Samurai Champloo, One Punch Man and Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood.

It's not very good. The concept is excellent, and it has some great scenes, but it falls into the generic anime trap of:

1. The Main Character has a SUPER SICRIT SUPERPOWER

and

2. Horrible pacing. I mean, just awful. An entire episode will be wasted on one fight, and then you'll get two episodes spent on nothing.

It's shit. Slow story progression and then suddenly they are titans too.

weeb meme, the reddit of anime

First episode is amazing. One of the best anime episodes I've ever seen. It all slowly degrades from their and turns into weeb shit. Good weeb shit but weeb shit nonetheless.

the manga has great art!

neither, it's just an okay anime with abover average animation, but it probably has the best first episode of all anime I watched, which isn't saying too much though. watched around 5 as a whole

why are japs so obsessed with germany? just because they were allies in WWII?
if so then why aren't germans obsessed with japanese culture?

Of all the european powers visiting japan (I include the USA here), the germans were the only one to not exploit or force them and instead established a friendly relationship where germans taught the japanese on how to modernize their country.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany–Japan_relations

Since that day japanese regard germans as friends and teachers.

>Why aren't germans obsessed with japanese culture?
Germans are naturally obsessive about all their interests, which includes japanese culture, amongst other things, so nothing will look like they are especially obsessed with it when you look at the whole thing from the outside.

get ready for some really complicated and convoluted answers when the manga reaches the current manga

I saw Fullmetal Alchemist and didn't think it was that great, is Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood really Champloo tier?

Casual anime consumer here

泰平の
眠りを覚ます
上喜撰
たった四杯で
夜も眠れず

It's significantly better animated and more consistent in tone, than typical weeb shit, but it falls into the same trapplies of terrible pacing and cookie cutter characters found in most Shonen action series. So far, Season 2 seems to be at least trying to fix this problem, so I guess there's room for improvement.

Theyre honorary Aryans

They would have been taken care of eventually.

Never have I seen more "people" openly fucking in the streets at night than the week I visited Japan, and I've been to Italy and Ghana. Not Aryan behaviour.

I thought they were prudes over there. You learn something every day.

At 3am with no traffic a Japanese citizen will wait for the pedestrian crossing light to walk across a completely empty street, in order to buy used panties, alcohol, and pet cockroaches from vending machines

Japs sound like very eccentric people.

oh shit, the titans have titan horses?

>suddenly

This.

Like many animes of this nature, rather than tell a story, they keep hinting that the story will eventually be revealed, except nothing is ever resolved. The stakes just keep getting raised with no resolution.

It's beautifully animated, though. Nobody can deny the quality of the artwork or the use of music. But it's clear that the writers have no endgame in sight. The idea is to simply keep making episodes until people get tired of it.

It's very different, follows the manga much more closely, and is generally believed to be superior in every way.

Go on Sup Forums
>Casual scum discuss anime

Go on Sup Forums
>Total retards discuss anime

Why is there no inbetween?
A place with good anime discussion but isn't idiots shitposting, memeing and raving about the latest show with sideboob.

It's never really boring or infuriating. It's just an enjoyable action show with a cool premise. But it isn't special and the characters are pretty unmemorable/cookie cutter.

I doubt it's going to be great. Manga gets sidetracked into political shit, which season 2 probably won't even reach that if it is apparently only 12 episodes.

Then even after that, some good shit happens for a bit, but then the writing goes massively downhill. It's currently doing all of this world building but I can't even follow the bullshit anymore

I like them. They're mostly rules-followers to a T, even if the rules are weird. Not AT ALL Aryan but perfect slaves for the 21st century.

Pretty sure this is Han input not Ainu based on what China is doing and what the Ainu are doing, but I'm not an anthropologist or a geneticist.

Already started downloading it, thanks for the rec

Fuck off Sup Forumsedditor

>Mfw there's a show called Boruto that's a new spinoff of Naruto

Why can't it die?

Do you know anything about the manga? Does anything of substance happen, or is it just slice of life ninja kids? I watched one episode and it was awful