Does anyone have the trailer that was leaked a little bit ago still?

Does anyone have the trailer that was leaked a little bit ago still?

This is a really excellent poster

Not you OP

dont bother

its shit

theres a reason they havent released footage yet

>plebbit line spacing
kill yourself as soon as possible.

no

i dont

think

so

regards

>roland is now black
>the dark tower is now white

brilliant

Why did Idris Elba become a meme-actor again? It's very obvious that he is not a box-office draw.

Is that poster legit?

>modern architecture
Fuck.off.

its because the concept of an actor being a "box office draw" died completely almost 20 years ago and studios still haven't quite figured that out.

It's a relic of the pre-election era when the media elites thought Hillary would win and that the public actually wanted more """"progressive"""" identity-politics pandering shit (another obvious example: the Ghostbusters reboot).

Elba got signed up for a bunch of movies that were in the planning stage during that period because he was the one black actor that movie producers knew the name of. Now those movies have come out and generally flopped, so his career will fizzle out.

all through the series the shape of the tower was fluid and vaguely nightmareish. Fuck the last book.

His speech in Pacific Rim.

>Why did Idris Elba become a meme-actor again? It's very obvious that he is not a box-office draw.

No actor is a box office draw anymore. Chris Evans is Captain America, has been in a number of the highest grossing movies ever but every other movie he does is a flop, no one cares about movie stars anymore.

You're a retard.

Explain how? Every movie fronted by Elba has flopped, and there was no reason to believe that he would have been a box-office draw in the first place.

will it be connected to the IT movie?

Your idiotic post is surrounded by posts that accurately explain the situation and aren't retarded. Figure out what makes your post different.

Ever heard of Tom Cruise? Also mcu movies without Robert "down here" Jr generally don't hit the billion dollar mark

Why is he a retard? Black-staining no longer works. F4ntastic is a good example of this. You're probably nigger too

tom cruise has been in a large number of floppish movies. Every time RDJ does something that isn't marvel it flops.

it never worked. You're a retard too.

>Ever heard of Tom Cruise?

Cruise was one of the last movie stars but even his powers have faded I'm afraid.

The "movie stars don't exist" argument is flat-out wrong though. Tom Cruise and RDJ reliably make bank with every movie. The problem is that Hollywood has picked unappealing leads for so many recent movies (Elba, ScarJo, etc) because they believed that the progressive credibility would somehow turn into profit, most likely because they believe that the opinions they read on Twitter represent those of the actual public.

>Every time RDJ does something that isn't marvel it flops.
The Sherlock Holmes movies were a big success.

>Tom Cruise and RDJ reliably make bank with every movie

You can verify this claim is false in a few moments.

That explains why the third movie is... coming... ou...

oh...

Even the Tom Cruise movies that the media tried to spin as "flops", like Edge Of Tomorrow and Jack Reacher 2 more than made their money back. Mission Impossible 5 from 2015 was a substantial success and the franchise is continuing.

>dude its just media spin studios get 100% of the box office gross that's why its called gross and not net oh fuck I don't know what I'm talking about

>studios get 100% of the box office gross
Did I say that? Jack Reacher 2 grossed $160mil on a $60mil budget. You're the one who seems clueless here.

studios only get around 10-20% of foreign gross and around half of domestic and production budget doesn't cover marketing.

Thing is, he's a legitimately fun actor to watch. So, I'm kind of sad that they're flopping. I haven't liked most of them, but, I can't really blame my dislike on his performance. He's done a decent job each time.

I really hate this progressive stuff, it's lead to this sort of nonsense. I'd have liked to see him just steadily grow even further, and be in more awesome movies. Having him (and other actors or voice actors) shoved into things more concerned with identity politics than being GOOD movies/shows/games/etc is disheartening. Because a lot of these people being shoved into stuff are actually good at what they do, but they can't do it when the material is more concerned with being progressive than creating something great.

C'mon user, Cruise is gettin pretty old for the whole action hero schtick. If he didnt make bank at the box office his ass would be kicked to the curb in no time.

If a movie grosses 2.5 times its production budget it is considered a success. Jack Reacher 2 exceeded that mark, and is one of Cruises less successful films of recent years. The point is that Cruise is still a bankable star, whose movies AT WORST make a profit. Compare this to Elba, whose recent action star-vehicle Bastille Day grossed $15mil, and it's obvious who is financially the better choice.

>If a movie grosses 2.5 times its production budget it is considered a success

Domestically.

If more than half a movie's gross is foreign AND the total gross is less than 3 times the budget, its a flop.

The only way you could think otherwise is if you believe its not called 'GROSS' for a reason and/or they somehow, magically, didn't spend any money on marketing.

>Domestically.
No, worldwide. You're desperately making shit up to not look like an idiot, please stop embarrassing yourself.

The problem with your argument is movies with literal nobodies are making 2-3 times the money than "star" movies."

So do you either believe they somehow didn't spend a single cent on marketing or it isn't called "GROSS" for a reason or have you yet to take the high school economy class where they explain gross vs net?

Apparently the official trailer will be dropping next week.

The books were barely connected so I don't think so.
They might mention the turtle, though.

No son. The "2.5 times the budget = success" figure was extrapolated before foreign markets became not only a meaningful influence, but a massive one. Domestic was all that mattered up to 10 years ago. Avatar changed all of that. Proving there could be a meaningful exchange of yeild to volume.

You're operating on old, meaningless models. Reacher was a flop, edge of tomorrow was a flop, etc. They weren't catastrophic, but the studios didn't go back to the well.

Outside of mission impossible, cruise has proven to simply not be a box office draw. The trends you're confusing for star power are the draws of long, consistently improving franchises.

Pretty sure the reason why there haven't been more Sherlock Holmes movies is because Marvel have thrown so much money at RDJ that he would have to be insane to do anything other than star in their movies.

>the studios didn't go back to the well
And yet Cruise continues to work steadily. "The well" you're referring to is Cruise himself. Edge Of Tomorrow didn't leave the door open for a sequel, but Cruise is continuing to star in more movies, many of which are non-franchise.

Isn't sony producing this? Why'd they black-stain roland despite losing "790 million dollars" thanks to their diverse, progressive casting decisions? Dumb kikes

Because the thing that strikes fear into people's hearts more than anything else is the possibility of being called racist.

the original Matrix had a very similar poster, but not upside down.

why shit it up - could've been a great fantasy western

I agree with earlier poster who said it's the product of a more progressive time where everyone still thought people would eat this kind of shit up. I loved the dark tower book, some of my favorites, the characters were very near and dear to me.

I won;t be seeing this, hope it fails BAD

Your ability to analyze and understand information is fucking pathetic.

He makes MI movie. It does well. He makes five movies, they all under perform. He makes another MI movie. It does well. They line up five more movies for him, they all look fucking terrible.

Unlike the studio system, you have not even the barest clue of what the fuck you're talking about when it comes to film finance.

Like the studio system, you're confusing the very respectable successes of the mission impossible franchise for "star power."

You're both morons for thinking the election changed anything.