Should baseball be further introduced and pushed for in South America? What kind of leagues could we see being formed...

Should baseball be further introduced and pushed for in South America? What kind of leagues could we see being formed? Is this cesspool just forever tied to murder ball?

Attached: swinging for an ocean.jpg (612x441, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newvision.co.ug/new_vision/news/1471029/uganda-baseball-team-target-2020-olympics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Brazil already has some amateur baseball leagues but even though MLB has even set an permanent academy here, it's still less popular than handegg.

Since Venezuelans are like rats fleeing a sinking ship, they'll come to your countries and help spread baseball

that's too steep of a price to pay for sports variety

handegg is popular in Brazil? Do your baseball matches get televised?

South America needs to get into cricket tbqh, bet Uruguay would produce some dogged lower order bats.

Baseball matches don't get televised but handegg is. Last year's Brazil x Argentina game played on Mineirão was broadcast on ESPN, and the playoffs of the brazilian handegg league were broadcast on a shitty sports channel, and both had a lot of promotion.

Disgusting.

Here's something that is NOT disgusting at all, big and strong american.

Attached: 1519857803162.webm (720x404, 2.89M)

>Anyone anywhere needs to get into cricket

No

Look like brasilian models desu

Well, those are your average american women so, joke's on you fatso. Lose weight, don't @ me.

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

lol'd

what kind of youth leagues are available in Argentina? that's a big part of it

Argie bro do you like baseball?

@

Don't worry you'll be liberated too one day

>cricket

only chilean mongrels would enjoy that

I do
I've been traveling these past couple months to some of our neighbor countries and my interest re-peaked after I saw Bolivians playing it and getting into imported baseball cards.

Of all sports that we should embrace to have some variation outside of MurderBall, I think baseball is the one to go, I feel like our leagues south of Peru would be more alike the asian ones.

>South America will never have a league comparable to MLB and we'll never see the champions of both compete in an All-Americas World Series

Didn't know I wanted thisuntil now

that would be pretty great or even if we started by competing against minor league teams. Just having a big pan-american series would be awesome.

THIS
cricket is the future

what did i say?

cricket isn't for brainlets like you

leave it to the hallway to identify with the street shitters and the tea guzzlers

>he can't appreciate cricket or tea
very sad

Pretty sure that price had already been paid user. It's a sunk cost now.

>tfw so many hot, educated venezuelanas on bride-for-sale sites

Thank you maduro

I'm not at all an expert of South America but there's 13 countries, so if every country had two major league teams that'd be 26 which is a comparable to MLB. More realistically the smaller states would have only one, the bigger states two, and Brazil could have probably even have 6 given its size.

Argentina 3; Bolivia 2; Brazil 6; Chile 2; Colombia 2; Ecuador 1; Guyana 1; Paraguay 1; Peru 2; Suriname 1; Uruguay 1; Venezuela 2 = 24, something like that, plus 72 minor league level teams which a lot of the existing winter league type teams could get accommodated into if they weren't elevated to the major league team status.

Let it happen.

>eating the prop
Good goy

>not knowing any venezuelans

#MAGA

There used to be a huge baseball culture here in the first half of the last century, but it eventually fizzled out in popularity (like many other sports), leaving only football as the dominant sport.

It's too complicated of a sport for third world shitholers to understand

Then why is it popular in USA?

Cricket is for filthy animals

Ok guys I'll do all of us a favor and will promote Luckswing in SA by becoming the best pitcher in MLB. Any tips?

Isn't baseball the second sport behind soccer in Venezuela and Colombia?

MLB is focusing a lot on brazil but not sure that's going to work, they seem to like gay sports like football and basketball more.
Colombia though is going to be elite at baseball soon, especially with the new influx of venezuelans in the country and the shift of MLB scouting and facilities from venezuela to colombia. They have tons of players getting signed to the minors already, I give it a few years until they have as much presence in the majors as Cuba and Puerto Rico.
No idea about argentina, they've gone up the wbsc rankings recently so maybe it has potential, but desu after like the top 18 every country is pure shit

It's the first sport in Venezuela. In Colombia it's third behind soccer and cycling maybe.

Some japanese descendants promote/play this shit.

It's almost shocking how fast Venezuelans and Colombians have made us appreciate Bolivians and Peruvians as better migrants.

imagine being so lucky as to never knowing a venezuelan

Attached: yessulu.jpg (480x360, 29K)

Cricket is the future

I think baseball is more likely to grow in Africa. Uganda is the start. The Japanese are spreading it there.
I just don't see it happening in South America to be honest, maybe the occasional player from Brazil.
newvision.co.ug/new_vision/news/1471029/uganda-baseball-team-target-2020-olympics

China is the future of baseball
also best korea

>china

Kek no. China is the India of team sports; India being the India of all sports.