Solution to ties

>ties

Instead of letting soccer games end in ties, why not conclude them with PKs without overtime?

Attached: penalty spot.jpg (634x423, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_Campeonato_Ecuatoriano_de_Fútbol_Serie_A
youtube.com/watch?v=RRITqS6WEn0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I wish I was making this shit up:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_Campeonato_Ecuatoriano_de_Fútbol_Serie_A

Because weaker teams will park the bus at 1' and then hope for penalties luck

>The points system was different for this season. If a game ended in a draw, each team would earn the normal one (1) point. However, a penalty shootout will ensue at the end of regulation. The winner of the penalty shootout would earn an extra point.
That is fucking stupid.

>we have done this before and it was shit

just make ties worth 0 points and wins 2 points, teams will be more likely to try and try for a win

improves the chances that two teams will have the same points at the end of the season

Why is that better than a draw. If both teams proved equal on the day they should awarded equal points.

Why add a dumb minigame to the end?

>lose: 0 pts
>lose draw: 1 pts
>win draw: 2 pts
>win: 3 pts

looks perfectly logical to me.

>a team that didn't lose should be awarded the same amount of points as a team that lost
why are amerimutts so retarded?

We tried it in 1988 and it was cancer, people left the stadium early

This is a terrible idea because if one team is up a goal near the end of the game and both the teams aren't right next to each other in the table, then there is almost no incentive to try to equalize.

My dream is intead benuldies change for free kicks and/or cornerkicks, with less players than during game in barrier and box.

>Solution to ties

How are ties a problem?

The problem is American IQ, not ties

are you retarded?

if a team parked the bus and tied 60% of a 100 matches season, he would get 60 points.

if the remaining 40% he would win half and lose half, he would have 60 points.

total 120 points.

if a team played every match taking risks, resulting in a mediocre season of a 40 wins, 50 losses, and 10 ties, he would have 130 points.

with that rule playing safe and defending a 0-0 tie would be encouraged, resulting in more ties and more small clubs parking the bus

>implying that's a bad thing

dont waste your time with this semen slurping sport, amerilad

>100 match season
Jesus

>100 match season
What the fuck

la criatura...

la escuridao...

el goblino...

el cigano...

>two World Cup finals have been decided on that minigame

In sport, there should be winning and losing. No faggot draws, especially 0-0 borefests. No exceptions.

>100 match season
what did he mean by this

>How are ties a problem?
They're inconclusive shit.

They aren't. American aversion to ties ruined hockey.

El moro...

how do we encourage draws lads?
nothing is comfier than a patrician 0-0 on a clear sunday afternoon

Both teams might as well chill on the soccer field sitting on lawnchairs while sipping lemonade like the faggots they are.

Normal for brazillians teams who advance in most championships in season plus cancer estaduaia. Flemish vultures get about 85 matchs last season because shocked both in national cup and uefa cup equivalent finals.

Only Americans have problems with draws. Weirdos.

>"if neither team was better on the day a draw is deserved"
Said after a shit ass team parks 11 men in the goal while the other team attacks all game

VAR is a much bigger problem than bus parking will ever be.

how would you incentivize teams to come out and play if their opposition is much stronger?

Explain matches that end 3-3 or 4-4, with fast attacking football?
Fucking mutts, don't watch a sport but can't stop crying about how shit it is

After extra time though, can't expect players to just keep going. No one likes to see penalties in a final but its necessary sometimes.

If you can't break through the defense, you don't deserve to win

New rules to soccer/football
0-0 tie = 0 points for each team
Tie with a score > 1 = 1 point for each team
loss = 0 points for losing team
win = number of points won by, with a maximum of 4. 5-2 victory would result in a gain of 3 points. 6-2 and 7-2 victories both result in gain of 4 points.
If after 2 halves of play the score is drawn, a pk ensues. One shot per team. If both teams score the pk, the game is drawn and each team is awarded 1 point.
If one team scores and not the other, the losing team may elect for another half of play, if in which they are scored upon, the game ends. Sudden death overtime (one sided variation).
>neither team scores their pk
Another half is played unless a unanimous decision is made by every player of each team to end the game at the drawn score.
>nobody scored, nobody wishes to continue
everyone goes home.
>I scored, you didn't, the game may continue as you wish
After the 3rd half if neither team has scored additional goals, the game ends in a draw.
After the 3rd half if both team has scored the same number of goals, a 2nd round of pk takes place, following the same principle structure as the first round, however if neither team scores the decision to cease play for a 4th half may be made by a majority from either team. Rounds after the 3rd round will be played with one less player allowed for each team than the preceding round. Rounds may continue ad infinium in such a manner until neither team has a player at which point the last player with possession is declared victor and receives 1 point for their team.
To reiterate a pk will happen when halves 1 and 2 finish in a draw and when additional halves end with both teams scoring and remaining drawn
>2-2
>pk necessitating 3rd half
>3-3
>pk leading to 4th half
>3-3
and the game is drawn with the 4th half ending with neither team scoring, each team getting 1 point

>continued

It means they were good enough to stop a strong team in its tracks, fucko.

>substituting sport with sitting down and sugary drinks
don't even need to check the flag here

defending is an art la

i guess it would make more time for advertisements for fast food and guns

Because unlike you American babies, we over here can accept draws as a valid outcome.

>looks perfectly logical to me

Penalty shootouts are random as fuck, this just encourages big underdogs to park the bus even more

>check flag
>just as expected

Attached: knowldgepepe.jpg (655x527, 59K)

American "culture" only expects winners and losers.

>3rd and 4th half

Attached: 46a.png (645x729, 90K)

I forgot forgot to mention that after the first round of pk in subsequent rounds, when one team scores and the other doesn't the game is over, and the losing team has no say to continue.
More tweaks
>10 players per team allowed on field for first 3 halves
>A hand ball occurs when the ball makes contact with the arm of a player other than a goalkeeper in the goal area with the arm being in an active position and the player having made no successful attempt to ensure the ball deflects as it would from their self were they limbless or immobilized in the neutral position they held beforehand. Any contact of the ball with the hand by a player other than the goalkeepers in a goal area constitutes a hand ball.
>Offsides safety extends 1 second ahead of ballcarrier.
If someone's running down the field with the ball and they have a team mate who is traveling the same speed they are, a pass can be made while the person receiving the pass is within the distance they both cover in a second. (At top speed this could be 10 meters).
>It's impossible to have 2 dollars worth of quarters (American currency)

Attached: 76a5db5836d09ed930dbbdf729f2914c79b06528f78419be725bd188f39cb877.jpg (673x789, 130K)

>first of all, CONMEBOL does this mostly in the knockout stages in their competitions
>second of all, MLS did this in their early years, but with a run-up kick lasting 5 seconds, kinda like the NHL

You have to be looking at South America and go "Oooh, this looks nice."

British posters are really full of themselves, have you noticed?
How's the queen?

How to fix USA. Force everyone to carrry an AR-15 they'll do themself over in a week

>How's the queen?
She's wonderful, thank you

Attached: 1494425586086.jpg (702x544, 101K)

All awful

Attached: 1510591172570.png (403x448, 53K)

Did you realize she's German?
How very removed of you, Sweden.

>obese and ugly

at least you kept it accurate

Yes it's possible to have 2 dollars worth of quarters. It is however impossible to have 4 halves of football in a single game. You do know cent is a shortened version of the word percent? Do you understand percentages?

Attached: 1509822979130.png (645x729, 93K)

S E E T H I N G

Attached: soypoy.png (691x626, 775K)

This thread is hilarious. American education and ""culture"" at its finest.

Attached: 0a0d4c9efbf4a5ad32f402a9b6ff42f85f1dd4784c08cd3978f0fc9e80942c31.png (628x631, 8K)

It's an anomalous circumstance where the players choose for a continuation. Because the game wants to end after two, they're called halves.

>American making fun of obesity

Attached: 1475450771652.jpg (782x788, 321K)

Criticizing the format of sporting events is hardly something you'd get better at by means of education
Not really. I've played soccer and it's overcrowded. While my arm is not allowed to control the ball, I should not be punished for having it attached to my body.
Another reason soccer is slow is because you're not allowed to charge the ball down the field if the defense is lagging. Offsides punishes players for running fast and encourages defenders to play sightly forward.
It was meant to prevent camping and it's necessary.

That was used in Yugoslavian league, winner gets 2 points, tie goes to penalties without ot and winner of penalties gets 1 point while loser of pens 0.

That's smart. Slavs are smart yk
(I'm a domestic pro soccer player btw)

Why is it always amerisharts making these stupid rules proposals threads?

>hating the state leagues
I actually envy them. I wish we had something like that here instead of this MemeLS shit.

>see this in the catalog
>"please don't be a fellow burger"
>'hover preview'
>*stars and stripes*
>GODAMMIT OP

Dunno. I'm new to this board but soccer saved my life.
I started out playing pick up soccer with Mexicans. They play chill as fuck and are more relaxed about the rules. It changed everything for me. When I look at pros I see remarkable talent but it's not the same as playing with people who breathe the sport.
My background is long distance running. My grandma's brother Brad ran a sub 8 minute 2 mile in high school. I only run a 10 minute to mile but I hope to do better.
I posted my rules in the thread not expecting FIFA to adopt them but that's the way I'd play if I were in charge pretty much.
Let the ref do their job.
Don't make me miss a perfect pass because I need to be slower than defender.
Don't let people off easily for drawing. If we are tallying points shouldn't we make them reflect the game played?
If a game is drawn after two halves maybe there's more game to be played?

I would always do a championship game as a winner takes all just to avoid the additional bullshit.

10 minute 2 mile*
Than the defender*
Fuck it I'm out
I'd rather be outside being active than trying to convince shitposters to try thinking for a change

>Don't make me miss a perfect pass because I need to be slower than defender.
you talking about offsides? just time your run correctly you retard. camping out behind the last defender by 20 yards and receiving a "perfect pass" is an unfair advantage.
>Don't let people off easily for drawing. If we are tallying points shouldn't we make them reflect the game played?
....we currently are.... the game is a draw, equal score = equal points. the teams don't win or lose, receive a point. you win, 3 points. you lose, 0.

seriously dude, you new to futbol?

Why does it need solving?

thanks for the laughs I've had reading this thread mutts

Attached: 1436253121851.jpg (464x444, 50K)

because they think they "solved" ties to hockey, so they want to apply similar childish minigames to soccer to break the tie as well.

Never forget the early days of MLelS shootouts: youtube.com/watch?v=RRITqS6WEn0

have seen some old interviews and a lot of the players liked this style of shootouts.

theres nothing wrong with ties, no fixing required

I admittedly don't even give a shit about soccer. But I dropped in here to see if some of you eurofags would actually defend tie games and, sure enough. How pathetic. We should have nuked your sorry asses when we had the chance.

so why doe everyone praise bus parking cunts like mourihno if you don't want more of it?
ah right contrarians of the good attacking managers

Reread the post. Both the recepient and the passer determine how far ahead 1 second. If they're traveling at 2 miles per hour. 1 second would equal about 5 feet (around your height of that helps you visualize). That would be the allowance. 5 feet. We must be going the same direction, the same speed. If both players travel at 20 mph, the allowance would be about 9 meters (the confusion between units is due to my understanding of the 100 meter dash. I know Usain Bolt does it in around 9 seconds at 27 miles per hour)
If two people are traveling down the field at 23 mph in perfect harmony they've earned the 10 meters.
If a guy was waiting 5 meters off side and then starts running 20 mph and gets passed the ball a half a second later from a guy traveling 10 m/s would get penalized. 20 mph = 8.9 m/s. That divided by 2 is 4.45. he has travelled 9.45 meters passed the last defender and he needed to be within 0 meters since this rule DOESNT FUCKIN APPLY TO PPL STANDING STILL.
Take the velocity of 2 ppl heading down field 1 second before a pass is made. One goes 10m/s one goes 9 m/s. The allowance is 9 meters.
People will score more often.
People will be encouraged to run.
Ties will be less frequent even since the likelihood goes down with more points on the board.
Did you even read my FUCKING POST CUNT? 20 YARDS WOULD MEAN THEYRE BOTH TRAVELLING 50 MILES PER HOUR WHEREABOUTS

And u cant be FOOKIN CAMPED IF YOU'RE MOBBING WITH UR M8 DOWN A SOCCER PITCH A 20 YARDS PER SECOND YA DIG?

what the fuck am I reading

20 yard/s...
It's actually 40 miles per hour mmm

Me reiterating a basic concept that people can't comprehend because they're morons

tie games are fine if they are a lot less frequent. forcing a winner playing a mini game is an even worse idea

the inherent problem with socker is that there isnt enough scoring deviation

ties arent a problem in your regular season shit but dont you have a problem with having a champions league or world cup decided on it. i looked it up awhile ago and i think 3 of them have been decided on penalty kicks in the last since 2006

decided on penalty kicks i meant

Exactly this bro gets it
More points equals more deviation
More speed equals more points equals more deviation
More ways to earn points in tournaments equals more incentive to earn more points quickly with greater deviation
Here's the thing you can't have a dozen free kicks and wait for your goalie to slip up or choke and tally up everything at the end after a dozen tries. Have em both taken at the same time on opposite ends of the field. Only allow one so now there's pressure on the kicker.

>Brad
Brad probably lied about that

>game concludes
>score is a tie
>INGONGLOOSIF
dios mio...

>american education system is so bad that people are literally unable to evaluate a points system that awards points for draws
>they will never know the glory of stealing 2 hard-fought points out of a rival's back pocket in a game they had no business being in
>in certain situations this can even be just as devastating as a loss if it means they lose a title race or Champions League slot

Attached: 1450581231752s.jpg (250x248, 7K)

Dumb uneducated americunts trying to ruin everything again. Grow a brain you mong, or better yet just kill yourself.

>why not conclude them with PKs
nah id rather see an endless stream of ties than some fake made up winner, just like shootouts here in the nhl

they need to play until they collapse in tournaments, pks isnt soccer, just like shootouts isnt hockey and redzoneball isnt college football

>Penalty shootouts are random as fuck
lol ok

Lots Of Laughs ITT
Thanks

Attached: 1515712931875.jpg (1280x1080, 290K)

because you'd have an imbalance of teams either receiving 3 points (win) or zero points (loss)
the league table isn't determined by the W-L column you chode
it's also worth pointing out that PK shootouts are left as an end all resolution, not a tie breaker

>2 points for a draw, after winning PK shootout
>other team still gets a point
what in the fuck

>Explain matches that end 3-3 or 4-4, with fast attacking football?
Both teams win

Am I having a stroke?

>we over here can accept draws as a valid outcome.
And we always wonder about that. Why are Euros so accepting of ties? It's an abomination.

>sub 8 minute 2 mile
No he didn't
>in highschool
Please seek help

kek what a thread, americans please stop minding our football

some ideas itt arent that stupid desu

Shootouts and shootout points are an abomination in hockey, redzoneball in college football is an abomination

Why are we willing to change the basic tenets of the games and turn it into a different game just to avoid them? That's at least as bad

The AMOUNT of ties in soccer is an abomination, but the concept that they can and do tie are not