Foreigner studying in America here

Foreigner studying in America here.
I've noticed that Americans from different state have actual hatred towards each other for being from different states. This isn't any "friendly rivalry," either. They seem to actually hate different states. Why is this?

It's entirely pretend m8.

The only people who are serious about it are Arizonans, because they have nothing going for them other than illegal immigration and drought.

Totally disagree, look at the endless Euro bickering here ...there is real bad blood and history behind a lot of it. We Americans stand united.

Yes, but those are different countries. You are from the same country. The worst seems to be everyone's immense butthurt against California and California's arrogant sense of superiority.

america's cannibalisation, why do you think so many large name US corps want ties with china?

But that's wrong, the euros here tell me there's no difference between the states.

Hint 1
>United States
Hint 2
>States

They do take stuff involving sport teams seriously though. Other than that, they don't hate each other. Except a few insults towards certain states i.e California.

It's fake. There is no hostility in any of it as long as you understand the following;

1) New Englanders literally think they own the run the world
2) Californians are just insufferably smug
3) Southerners and Midwesterners are mildly retarded
4) Oregon and Washington are the best states
5) No one likes Arizona

Innocuous bitching, if California was struck by some massive catastrophe, millions upon millions of Americans from every state would rush to her aid in every way.

it's just banter, lad

It’s cause california is the best state..

Then why you shit on Greeks and Turks endlessly?

>3) Southerners and Midwesterners are mildly retarded yet very decent and kind

minor edit I'm sure you can accept

I'll take it. You are more welcoming (to white people only) than other parts of the country.

Cali gets hit by mega Earthquakes every 2 decades and all we do is to point and laugh

It's just a bit of banter

It is circumstantial
I meme about Californians but for the most part they're fine people

It's just when they start to be a nuisance that the banter comes out

We live only in our areas different states are different people.

>if California was struck by some massive catastrophe, millions upon millions of Americans from every state would rush to her aid in every way
Have you read what Mark Twain had to say about the San Fransisco earthquake back in what 1905?
Shit is hilarious

But yes, that statement is true since millions upon millions of Californians live in the rest of the US

I’m from Mass. Although we have a rivalry with New York, I enjoy meeting New Yorkers when I’m out of state. They’re northerners but not from New England.
The only state I actually hate is Florida.

this

Not pretend, people hate others based on the land they were born in.

We're misnamed. It's "United states"; it should be "Divided states".

Living in your head rent free.

MARYland was a Catholic colony, protestants hated Catholics.

because even you don't want to live in Arizona.