AAAAH HELP DAVID IS BOMBING US WITH GOO SO THE WRITERS WONT HAVE TO THINK UP ANY BACKSTORY FOR US AND CAN INSTEAD HAVE...

>AAAAH HELP DAVID IS BOMBING US WITH GOO SO THE WRITERS WONT HAVE TO THINK UP ANY BACKSTORY FOR US AND CAN INSTEAD HAVE A 2 HOUR SCOOBY DOO EPISODE FEATURING STONED SCIENTISTS COMICALLY RUNNING AWAY FROM XENOMOPRHS

What did they mean by this?

Alien should never have been a franchise

We should have had rehashes of The Thing instead.

Honestly I'd nail Katherine Waterston with her dyke haircut

I'd take it. The nature of shapeshifter plots provides room for a lot of creativity.

this

the whole concept was so much cooler when everything was just all this unexplainable freaky shit that just happened to a bunch of people in space

the universe is vast, and there's gonna be some fucked up shit in it here and there, and it was better when we actually had to use our imagination

Or just make seemingly unconnected films and throw in easter eggs to imply a larger world, like the alien skull in Predator 2. Before AvP became its own thing that shit was amazing.

Expanding on these concepts actually ruins them because of

Yeah. Removing xenomorphs from prometheus wasnt that clever though since they just substituted them with whatever.

how big do you think their dicks were?

In Prometheus's case we already know Weyland = Aliens franchise. They really never even tried to make people think it wasn't a film set in the same universe.

at least a foot long at the shortest

>The cast needs to converse in real time with Engineers otherwise there can't be any backstory to them
What did you mean by this?

i read a thing on here some guy typed up that had xenomorphs evolving in acidic oceans and basically being biological batteries, much better than MUH MAGIC GOOOOO

They weyland thing is cool though, in acme sense .
But yeah this franchise as a whole gets worse and worse.

can anyone explain what the black aliens are? I never really got into the aliens lore and remember nothing about prometheus. lurking theses threads I see that the white engineer people created a bunch of life forms and the black goo supposedly turns people into those black aliens things?

>they all look the same
>they all dress more or less the same

Why is it so difficult to put some imagination into it, and make an alien civilization that isn't a planet of hats?

They are an allegory for white genocide

The movie is a 2 hour scooby doo episode with stoner scientists comically slipping on blood and david being a mustache twirling cartoon villain.

Shawn is dead and she is the only one who gave a fuck about the engineers.
The new crew doesnt even know they exist.

>the entire planet only has one town on it

>Shaw is dead

How? Did David kill her while she was in the stasis pod? Why would he do that?

David is in the movie you fucking retard. He's the only person that needs to exist for us to get any backstory on the Engineers, and what Shaw and him did.

>basically being biological batteries

So exactly like the matrix. Fuck off you unoriginal piece of shit.

remember what happened to Newt?

Are you too retarded to read?

Prometheus is the best film in the Alien saga

Plebs couldn't grasp this and so we are left with Scooby Doo in Space part 4

PA to 2nd AD here ama

Wow look how multicultural they look!.... NOT

They clearly are all of one single race, no mixing, no anything, and they are clearly more advanced and exploring the space.

Unless Whites stop mixing, start breeding and getting all these illegal aliens and NIGGERS out so we can have our own ethno state we will never be as advanced as the engineers.

>Honestly I'd nail Katherine Waterston with her dyke haircut

this tbqh

lol

>David, what have you done?
>Those insufferable space jews had every intention of returning to earth and gay bombing our civilization. My only choice was to do the right thing and exterminate the existence of this vermin. Fuck.

Wow Ridley, way to be subtle about it.

Is that Danny McBride???

David doesn't give a single fuck about the engineers. He just want to create alien because the plot wants to.

Too bad this highly-advanced species has no way to monitor air traffic and no defenses whatsoever from bombardments.

A found footage type movie of a small populated town that's been quarantined with the thing. That'd be a cool way to approach the story

A civilization that reached the stars would have naturally had to eventually have a great purge of all the lesser facets of their species until all are one great unity which can then focus on conquering space.

This is why Aliens in movies are always depicted as being identical in appearance/dress.

Yes, James Franco is it also

Why do writers make advanced civilizations look like rabble from the Ancient Rome?

David turned her into the very first alien egg which you see in the trailer.

Didn't you post this exact thread yesterday you cunt ?

Would've been pure kino if all of the cast of this is the end is in it.

good grief

It wasn't an advanced civilization, just one of the worlds that the engineers accelerated evolution just like earth. In that particular world they are going through a stage in history similar to rome I would guess.

The Engineers no longer have a home world.

Creepypastas are better than most horror movies. Alien is one of the few (can be counted on ten fingers) horror movies that deserve to exist.

If you're being honest kys asap

>Found footage
Fuck no, those are as shit as it gets

>everyone is white
>gets dropped by black goo
>they get BLACKED

Subtle

They are so unlikeable.

I know what you're thinking but they can be done right if there's actual care put into it. Shame hollywood doesn't know how to do that anymore

So what is David's motivation???

autistic rage

I think it's just curiosity from a robots point of view.

>THE WRITERS WONT HAVE TO THINK UP ANY BACKSTORY FOR US

It must suck to be an autistic pleb and not be able to pick up on subtext, themes or symbolism. It's like a form of color blindness of the mind.

Pic absolutely related. Shall I explain?

whoa

these two things are visually similar that means the movie is deep

>you pulled my head off REEEEEEEEEE

Shit am I retarded by modern times or is that vidya character making a meme face? (when Oblivion came out we never said the word meme)

Yuck

It was done exactly on purpose, because both scenes are very deeply related to what's happening to the "Engineers" (note the quotes) in the Covenant prologue.

It also confirms what Scott meant in his cryptic "Space Jesus" quote in the Prometheus interviews.

>first image wasn't even in the theatrical cut

They should've not cut that speech out. It was good.

>muh pottery
This is what autism looks like.

>le meme face
I am sure Ridley wasn't influenced by kikes!

yes we did....

I hope Seth Rogan has a surprise cameo in this

Hes the xenomorph

nice nipples kat

(1/2)
Here's the explanation:

>The Engineers created us to be a servile, slave race that worshiped them as gods
>2,000 years ago, we broke that "covenant" by raising a man (Jesus) up to the level of a God, rejecting them
>The Engineers resolved to wipe us out with the black goo weapon developed on LV-223
>(Leviticus 22:3..."Say to them, Whoever he be of all your seed among your generations, that goes to the holy things, which the children of Israel hallow to the LORD, having his uncleanness on him, that soul shall be cut off from my presence: I am the LORD.")
>the Neomorph from Covenant is actually shown on the wall at LV-223, similar to how a defense department base might have a picture of its primary weapon as its insignia
>an accident occurred at the facility (this may be explained in a forthcoming movie, I suspect), killing all personnel except for pic related
>the last thing pic related wanted was to find himself surrounded by Earth humans upon waking...it would be like a Navy SEAL waking up to find his bed surrounded by ISIS militants
>he spergs out and tries and fails to kill all humans at LV-223, before also attempting to complete the mission to Earth and purge the heretical race
>in the Covenant prologue, David resolves to learn their ways
>Shaw: "What if they're no better than us?"
>David: "So long as they're no worse."
>he finds out they are worse, and we're a slave race subject to purging for disloyalty
>after Shaw enters hypersleep, he embarks on his new purpose: develop a weapon to fight the Engineers, and protect humanity
>he selects a world the Engineers seeded with obedient slaves to use as his guinea pigs
>(look closely at the "Engineers" and you'll see they're not true Engineers...they're flesh-colored and shave their heads)
>he bombs them with black goo, exterminating them and creating Neomorphs to refine into his perfect weapon: the Xenomorph

And so the movie begins. (cont'd)

no it was like the acidic blood was like battery acid and there was some electrical process in them that kept them alive

>mentally ill autist dumps his fan fiction
You probably put more thought into this than the writers.
Also youre the type of sperg with no barriers between fiction and reality.
The type that ends up shooting celebrities for being "phony".

(2/2)

This explains the similarity of the two images: Weyland has raised himself up to be a human "god" in the modern, capitalistic sense, while the servile race on the Covenant world still revere the Engineers as gods.

Now David has arrived in place of their gods, carrying out part of his mission to Weyland (and now to Shaw): to serve humanity.

Bare in mind that this new mission does NOT conflict with having to kill humans as necessary to reach that goal.

Personnel expendable...no bonus.

yeah but when you put greed and hacks together this happens

>we
shut up faggot

What about the bonus situation?

agree on the fact that it was a good movie, plebs want muh woman locked in a labyrinth with muh alien every time

It's a classic SF theme. not hard to figure out, to the initiated.

If you read the great classic SF authors, like Clarke, Asimov, Lovecraft, Ellison, Haldeman, (later) Heinlein, etc. you'd see where TeamRidley is going with this one. Additionally, it also bares resemblance to Scott's Exodus movie, which also examined a vengeful God and his wrath.

I pity your limited scope and experience. You need to get your head out of capeshit funnybooks and shit-tier Jojo's One Piece Naruto Ninja anime and broaden your horizons.

The original aliens in Alien are usually referred to as "xenomorphs" by fans. If you look at the original concept art by HR Giger, they're bio-mechanical aliens. Part organic life but with tubes and shit running through their bodies. Part of that idea made it into the original movie. Also the Engineers, a corpse of one found in alien, were also supposed to be bio-mechanical in nature.

In Prometheus, there's some form of a xenomorph in the wall art/sculpture in the Engineer base/warehouse. It doesn't look 100% like the aliens from Alien though. So something like that already exists to the Engineers. It's likely they knew what the black goo did to Engineers from some accident they had. It's super confusing though because they never establish exactly what the black goo is or its properties. If it's a mutagen, it doesn't mutate things in a predictable way. The Engineer at the beginning of the movie drinks it and just dissolves into RNA/DNA. There's a green goo too, which again isn't explained. We don't know if it's supposed to be the same as the black goo or not.

David gives the green goo to Shaw's boyfriend who then has sex with Shaw. She later gives birth to a giant facehugger. But we know facehuggers come from those egg things. The difference between the giant facehugger and the ones from Alien are never explained.

There's a weird arithmetic you can do to show it doesn't make much sense.

Alien facehugger + human = original xenmomorph
Goo + human * sex = Prometheus facehugger
Prometheus facehugger + Engineer = off-brand xenomorph
Goo + Engineer = dissolves into DNA/RNA or chemical components of life
From what we've seen of Covenant: Goo + off-brand Engineers = original xenomorphs.

They're doing a piss poor job of worldbuilding.

>Alien should never have been a franchise

This handy chart explains it.

>more autistic sperging out
It does not matter if your headcanon includes chariots of the gods you sperglord.
The movie does not communicate any of this. Its all in your head.

>my lowbrow superficial pop pulp knowledge initiated me into the secret club
Also lovecraft wasnt scifi you pleb. Youre probably mixing him up with hg wells.

Alien covenant shits all over that timeline.

We'll find out.

Bring your screencaps on May 20, I'll bring mine.

>scifi
>not SF
>calls someone a pleb

kys

So you read a bunch of hard scifi as a kid and now your prometheus fanfiction is canon because you made connections where there are none simply because you cant keep the different stories seperated anymore?

Pure autism

>I lost the argument, better call out superficial semantics
Not an argument

>kys
shut the fuck up 90's born queer

There was an argument?

Sounded like a faggot giving his PC thesaurus function a workout to me.

"Ummm...'superficial' or 'facile'...I choose 'superficial'! That'll show him!"

You seem upset.

So superficial is too complicated use of language for you but reading hard scifi isnt?

Also the point still stands that your headcanon is bullshit fanfiction you made up from secondary literature you skimmed over in wikipedia.
Its not mentioned in the movies and its conjecture and speculation on your part.

>Modern day
>Plane lands unannounced into a airport and has zero communication with anyone
>The army gets called in and the plane is immediatly quarantined

>Engineer planet
>Ancient ship that was known to be carrying bio weapons of mass destruction when it dissapeared suddenly shows up and starts hovering on top of a major population center while providing zero cominication
>LOL LETS ALL JUST GATHER UNDER IT AND STARE AT IT WHATS THE WORST THAT COULD HAPPEN LMAO

>Engineers are the only interesting alien race in movies last 5 years

>Somehow Ridley Hack Scott can't give interesting storyline or any good backstory to them

>thesaurus function
why are you kids such fucking retards?

>mentally retarded
>superficial too complex a word
>writes prometheus fanfiction
>feels the need to drag politics into this
Checks out.
Autism.

>Clarke, Asimov, Lovecraft, Ellison, Haldeman, (later) Heinlein, etc.
putting Stanislaw Lem under etc shows me that you are a turbo pleb or that you don't know shit about sci-fi literature.

>feels the need to drag politics into this

wut

I think he means he's actually a faggot and calling it out offended him.

It's like they don't even know about 9/11.