What is Sup Forumss opinion on the Saw movies? Personally I loved the first 3...

What is Sup Forumss opinion on the Saw movies? Personally I loved the first 3, but after that it turned into complete shit devoid of creativity.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UJIUT85xGak
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saw:_Legacy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

never seen any of them. i have taste

Never seen them but I like the theme song.
youtube.com/watch?v=UJIUT85xGak

Shit taste, yeah

First one is an objectively good flick.

YOU. WATCHED. ALL. THE. SAW. MOVIES.

1 is a legit good movie although the game is rigged from the start which kinda spoils it

2/3 are passable

4-7 are trash (why do people defend 6?)

But I enjoyed each one as trashy B-horror.

Your not fooling me 4channer!

IT'S THE RULES

Never really understood what she was guilty of, other than refusing to testify after being a witness to a hit-and-run.

Pretty bullshit reason to be put into a trap. Unlike that dude who got slowly sliced in half with that swinging pendulum for killing that FBI agent's sister after which he took brutal revenge

The point was that Amanda rigged it, Kramer wanted it to be fair

The Saw movies are unironically kino. It's dedication to continuity is both hilarious and impressive, it's continuity is literally unmatched by an movie series in existence. The traps are a blast to watch, it has lovable heroes and villains for you to root for. The tightly interwoven story is fun as hell to follow and the mysteries they spread across the series are a great hook. Obviously it get's very convoluted but that's part of it's charm.

Gotta give them respect, the movies were cash grabs like every sequel ever made, but they put effort into them, they really wanted to entertain you.

V is underrated comfy noir kino.

I would argue 4 is good for people who have seen the previous 3 movies just because the twist is pretty inventive in a meta sense. In all other ways it's shit outside of the brain surgery scene though.

The ending to V is bullshit. Strahm is a decent character that should have become the main investigator/protagonist but they decided to crush him for no reason. The rest of V is pretty dumb too since all of the traps are very clearly solvable if the victims weren't purposefully written as dumbasses.

>

The brain surgery scene was in 3 but 4 is a mess. They were basically writing it on the fly as they were filming. The change of writers and desperate pleading to get Darren Lynn Bousman back directing really hurt the production. It's a shame because 4 has a lot of great ideas, but none of them are really given the opportunity to be explored because the film is only 90 minutes and has so much stuff going on. If anything 4 may be a mess, but it's entertaining as hell, moves at a break neck speed and the timeline twist is pretty inventive.

First one is a good movie. Period. Watch it.
Second one is a little more goofy but still entertaining, I'd still recommend it

Third one is serviceable but starting to get stale enough that I didn't bother watching any after it

Nah his traps were nearly impossible to accomplish.

have some reddit gold my friend

Great argument, wouldn't expect anything more from nu/tv/.

The original plan was for Strahm to take down Hoffman in VI, but for whatever reason, shock value maybe, they decided to kill him in V. That's a big problem the Saw series has, killing off all of it's characters too soon. With Strahm dead in V, only two detective characters were left alive in VI, both of which were killed off immediately. So the final film, 3D was left with no detective characters alive that we had grown to love. So instead they had no choice but to introduce a brand new detective character that we didn't give a shit about. Even killing Dina Meyer off in 3 was a mistake.

>Sawing off your leg is impossible
>Gouging out your eye is impossible
>Cutting up your hand is impossible

They were all entertaining for the aforementioned dedication to continuity and the fact that you never knew who was going to live or die. They killed the main antagonist in the 3rd movie and then made 4 more.

Saw 3D was fucking bad though. It tried to change the formula but it came across like a Final Destination-tier horror.

I have a feeling your post was meant sarcastically but yeah, in the context of the movie, it is

127 Hours is small time, there's several other incidents which were way more fucked up than that. Some guy got his leg trapped by a boulder in the wild. He had to gamble, either let himself get weaker and hope someone would stumble across him or cut his leg off while he still had his strength. He cut his leg off, had to crawl a mile or two to his car, then drive to the nearest hospital. None of the tasks in the Saw movies were impossible.

>Saw 3D was fucking bad though. It tried to change the formula but it came across like a Final Destination-tier horror.
What do you mean? A problem I had with 3D was with how stale the formula was. The main game was a guy going through another series of traps to save a loved one while having to try and save his associates from an array of death machines. That and a lack of keeping any characters alive that we love for the final movie (aside from Hoffman). The whole movie should've focused on Hoffman trying to kill Jill, instead half of the movie is taken up by the really bland series of traps storyline.

>The rest of V is pretty dumb too since all of the traps are very clearly solvable if the victims weren't purposefully written as dumbasses.
I disagree. The only trap where it was obvious they had to work together was the one with the bomb shelters. The bathtub was designed bretty well though.

I mean things became too much of a spectacle.
Jigsaw's suddenly world famous, traps are done in public, things like that just threw the tone off. It all became a bit goofy.
I think it may have been partly due to it being the final chapter and the filmmakers wanted to go out with a bang, but I also agree, they wrote themselves into a corner. Nearly all of the characters had been killed off already, so there really was only about 15 minutes of story left to actually tell.

3d was legitimately fucking offensively bad. Whoever thought it was a good idea to put traps in public was a retard. As stupid as the MUH HEALTHCARE message was in VI it at least wasn't so forward as to detract from the tone of the movie, 3d just constantly switches tone every other minute.

>Jigsaw's suddenly world famous
That felt natural. Jigsaw should've been world famous since the first movie, maybe he was, we never got a glimpse of the outside world until 3D. If there was someone in a real life going around killing people like this it would be a worldwide sensation.

>traps are done in public
Yeah, this was done purely for the spectacle. In the script John Kramer and Doctor Gordon were in the crowd, revealing it to be taking place between 1 and 2. When the director was forced into this project through a contractual obligation he tried to change the trap that took place in public to be Bobby's final game, since it would actually be fitting for his character, but the producers didn't let him change it.

Hey Sup Forums what the fuck is this
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saw:_Legacy
and why did I not know it was happening?

It will be kino.
>will be mystery whodunnit focused, a copycat killer is taking up the legacy
>directed by spierg brothers (predestination, daybreakers)
>longest shoot of any saw film (46 days)
>jigsaw's corpse is dug up and stolen
>tobin bell is returning
>charlie clouser is doing the score again, says both him and spierg brothers are giving the franchise a fresh new feel
>main trap will take place at a farm in a barn
>one trap involves a car and four motorcycles (3 of which will crash) in an underground warehouse
>donna evans will return to die in a trap
>mostly shot at actual locations rather than sets
Main trap will have 3 or 4 people in the barn. Rather than a series of traps like the previous sequels it'll just be one trap like the bathroom in the first film. The trap will be used as an excuse to explore the characters rather than the characters being an excuse for the trap.

>Rather than a series of traps like the previous sequels it'll just be one trap like the bathroom in the first film. The trap will be used as an excuse to explore the characters rather than the characters being an excuse for the trap.

holy shit, this might actually be really good