Did he make the right decisions?

Did he make the right decisions?
Was he a good christian?
Was he a good man after all?

boop

>christian?
jebis demnds i see dis mobie
her i cum yify

i think he was a good christian after all. jesus would rather see his believers unharmed than persecuted, and the individual sacrifice of his pride/faith to save many others from pain reflects the sacrifices made my christ. a belief in god isnt merely an act of vocal recognition and evangalism, its the absolute love and faith one has in a god, and that transcends texts of faiths, rules of religious institutions and all else.

thats what i took from it anyway

desu voot

Yes

The whole point of the movie was that the whole "priest" shtick was more ego than it was faith, he cares more about his peers "thinking" he had apostatized than if he actually did. He believes that his "test" is to be tortured like Christ but at the end of the movie he realizes that his real test is to set aside his pride and live in silence, to be a true Christian in his heart when everyone else believes that he betrayed his faith

Unfortunately most of the reviews are done by priests and fanatical Christians who think everything is about them and that this movie was some sort of attack on public displays of faith

Interesting interpretation, but it would be very bad for the whole religion if everyone had this mindset of the silent communication as the purest.

But that would be implying that everyone would be tested the same. Ferreira did have the test of pain and suffering and he failed when he realized that he would die if he did not submit. Rodrigues starts off as a privileged priest who thinks that he is above the Japanese converts (especially Kichijiro) despite having lived in the comfort of Rome his entire life and never experiencing any real persecution. His test is to be a believer without and having everyone else look up to him as the ultimate christian

Sure. But that's also implying that a 'test' is needed or happens at all for the formation or mature development of someone into the religion, even if considering only official positions.
I liked that idea that contact with god is through accepting this silence, which is very paradoxical, and it being THE best way to engage with the divinity.
Rodrigues' testing is really a fascinating tale.

I'm not sure if this is all the same person...

he had to be forced to make the right decision. he was full of pride and thought it was alright to let others suffer just so he could prove to his god how "good" he was. pride is one of the deadly sins for a reason. he's burning in hell.

He's not even a good actor to begin with.

t. Sup Forums christian

aka dumb faggot

dont mind me.
just posting superior in every way christ kino

i can't help but think they miscasted garfield.

He always looked to be like a little kid with a glued on beard.

This.

Literally what were Scorsese and Gibson thinking?

2 of the years best movies ruined by this shitty actor.

Well, obviously. Only some fuck would say otherwise

this
Adam Driver should have been the lead.

no. no. yes.
I'm not a Christian but my interpretation was Rodrigues' had 3 elements to his test. Firstly he was physically tortured, then he had to watch others suffer to get him to apostate and thirdly Rodrigues was tempted by Ferreira's good-treatment after he apostatized.
The only correct decision was to withstand the trial and martyr himself. Not only did he apostatize but he also helped the japs catch other jap Christians and he reported that Portuguese merchant.

Rodrigues is definitely burning in hell.

I told you not to fucking mind me.

No it doesn't, you are just being a christfag who thinks everything is about you

I'm not even religious, you fucking retard. Learn to reading