Will this film be good? Haven't read the books

Will this film be good? Haven't read the books.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7FM6fQCc2S0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Big Dark Towering Cock

Will we at least get a good enactment of Blain the Train?

no chance user

Itll be hard to mess up Roland, i think Idris will do great.

It will be very fun if nothing else

>Haven't read the books

Good.

The Gunslinger was 10/10 and I loved it, then I read the second one, and thought it was great.

Then I read the third one, and I thought it was ok, but they had a psychopathic train and some weird cult, but it was done well.

Then the fourth book was 10/10 simply because most of it was spent in a flashback, and the world of the Gunslinger before it all went to shit was really interesting.

Then the fourth book happened and I stopped reading the series and wish I never started. It was retarded. It has fucking snitches from Harry Potter, and fucking dream worlds, it was so fucking bad.

Now they've got some fucking nigger playing Roland, who's specifically mentioned to be white, and race comes into it quite a lot (especially the third book), and I remember how much of a faggot Stephen King is.

Nothing about this will be good.

You're pretty much a racist if you dislike the casting in The Dark Tower movie.

Detta does not even appear in the movie so Roland being black is not an issue whatsoever.

If you are white and think it'll be easier for you to identify with a main character who is white, then you're straight up a racist. You should just admit to it. Stop hiding behind these bullshit excuses.

WHERE YOU FROM BOY?

WHAT? WHAT AIN'T NO BARONY I'VE EVER HEARD OF? THEY SPEAK HIGH SPEECH IN WHAT?

It will be terrible. Roland should look like Clint Eastwood, not the guy who shines Clint Eastwoods shoes.

I don't care, I won't watch it anyways.

Wait, what? Detta doesn't appear? She's a key part of the ka-tet.

>then you're straight up a racist.

Yes. I am. And that's why I'm annoyed some nigger is playing Roland.

Are you implying that just because I'm racist my opinion is somehow worth less?

She doesn't appear until the second book.

Not entirely sure when Roland is in NY with Jake in that picture, as that doesn't happen until much later.

It's gonna flip flop and flop the flop flop! Just look at that picture...

No, I actually agree with you. I just want redditors to stop being pussies and posting bullshit like "idra is a great actor but not suited for the role!"

They should admit that people are better able to identify with a character who is of the same race. No harm in that. And it's worse in this instance because the character was explicitly defined as being white decades ago. Now the film is trying to pretend it's not shattering that mental image.

Sony lost 719 million last year, solely due to their "progressive" casting decisions, I'm actually rooting for this movie, because watching Sony crash and burn would bring me joy, so enjoy watching a big lipped nigger play roland

I have so many problems with this movie already. Roland being black, not starting at the fucking beginning when Roland first meets Jake, the almost definite absence of The Turtle and the deeper workings of The Dark Tower multiverse.

>Roland being black, not starting at the fucking beginning when Roland first meets Jake, the almost definite absence of The Turtle and the deeper workings of The Dark Tower multiverse.

Sometimes to make things fair you have to make some sacrifices.

That's the price you pay for progress Goy, you like progress, don't you?

Its very hard to find out which part of the whole thingie you want to adapt for a 2hour movie.

Maybe on a tv show over several season they could cover it from the start , but on this format they just picked a fragment that they think they can make a profit off .... And then move from there if it makes money maybe do another one , if it flops just forget the whole thing even existed.

Ireally want to see how many screenwriters this thing is gonna need.

Well they decided to cast a nigger for someone who was explicitly described as white

So what do you think lol

Gonna be a giant pile of dogshit
The books were terrible too

Then it should have been a tv series. Telling part of the story with details altered to suit your preferences is worse than not telling it at all.

Hermione was black all along too.

someone spoil the entire book series for me please, is it about a tower and time travel, repeating days or some shit

Black Roland makes perfect sense.

>"I have forgotten the face of my father"

Makes perfect sense.

the proud black man & a homosexual kid fights evil whitey who wants to destroy their world or something

Race comes up in the 2nd book because Detta and then almost never again

When's this even coming out? I remember seeing a leaked proto trailer months ago and never found it again. It's going to be a disaster in all likelihood

They lost money because F4ntastic was garbage. Has nothing to do with who is cast

There's a kid, a dogthing, a nigger, a drug addict, and they have to stop a train, a house, a clock man, some wolf dudes, also there's a bitch who gets banged in the past, and then Stephen King appears as a character in his own book (yep) and they get to the tower and everything repeats

Book 1 is meh. Book 2 is great. Book 3 is litkino. Book 4 is pretty good, some people consider it the best, I've never been one for flashbacks but it's still good. The rest is hardly worth mentioning.

Idris Elba was a mistake.

F4ntastic was produced by fox dumbass. Sony is responsible for national treasures such as fembusters, which alone cost them a 50 million dollar loss

Yeah the only thing they could do to mess him up is make him black but who would be stupid enough to do that?

So race does play a role in the story?

youtu.be/7FM6fQCc2S0
One of my favorite Sup Forums meme, thanks for reminding me

A major role

Like it's centric to the plot

She's pushed onto train tracks by a racist (more complicated than that but im not typing up the novel) white guy so she becomes a racist cripple herself

Her racism causes her to hate the group because they're white, and she was a black slave

She also has a split personality and one is a mega racist against whites and one is normal and nice

All memes aside, it's sacrilege and removes all artistic integrity from the project to make Roland black. They just don't give a fuck.

>Doesn't think that the third book was the best of the series

Retard.

half of a book is some looney nigger that hates all crackas

I liked the first one but had to stop after the second when it no longer was a fantasy western

zero interest in the franchise, especially now that they changed the main guys race

There's no such thing as a good child actor so no.

Oy vey there sure are a lot of ALT RIGHT RACISTS in this thread!

FUCK they better not fuck that up

Isn't Roland described as being kind of washed out in appearance?

It's the story of the gunslinger. The last of an order of basically knights in western setting (honor, chivalry etc.), chasing after a man/sorcerer who doomed the gunslinger's people. The gunslinger also aims to reach the Dark Tower which resides at the center of all the different dimensions, holding together the reality itself.

During his travels he hops between various dimensions and gathers up a rag tag group of people (drug addict, crippled black woman with a nasty split personality, a kid and a fantasy dog). The story is very good up to the fourth novel but it becomes just plain boring/awful from the fifth onwards. The climax has him fight the big bad Crimson King in an extremely anticlimactic battle and then the Tower loops him back to the beginning of the first novel where he has to repeat the whole journey once again with a slight chance that things might be different this try, the end.

people expecting a full dark tower epic are going to be disappointed. this will most likely focus on a very limited window on their journey
he is old when he meets jakes. late 60s at least

>Its very hard to find out which part of the whole thingie you want to adapt for a 2hour movie.

They could have made an art house western based on the first book.

They could have made a fantasy thriller based on the second book.

Instead, they made whatever this clusterfuck is.

Jake looks too confident. He always struck me as really meek in the book, with Roland kind of playing father to him throughout and him growing as a person.

Idris Elba is white.

*Argentinian

The Wolves of the Calla is probably the worst book I've ever finished. Just complete dog shit.

Wait, they aren't starting from the beginning? When does the movie take place?

>and she was a black slave

That's the only bit you got wrong there. She was born in the 40's and Roland takes her some time in the 1960's

>he can't into metastory
Listen sweety, I think you better skedaddle on home before it gets dark, ok honeybun? Maybe watch some nice cartoons?