What's the most egregious instance of refball in the history of organized sport...

what's the most egregious instance of refball in the history of organized sport? blatant rigging by judging or other means also welcome

Attached: well-done-Slytherin-HOWEVER.png (760x573, 594K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1972_Olympic_Men's_Basketball_Final
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbados_4–2_Grenada_(1994_Caribbean_Cup_qualification)
youtube.com/watch?v=cxTjOPImyts
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Tuck rule

South Korea vs. Italy, and then South Korea vs. Spain.

balkan footy leagues, especially lower tiers

2002 world cup and it's not even close.

barcelona 6-1 psg

Any instance of sudden death overtime (((coin))) flips are all rigged

2002 NBA Western Conference Finals - Game 6
Super Bowl XL
2017 Men's NCAA Championship Game

The 1972 Olympic men's basketball final.

This thread gets posted every now and again, but there is only one correct answer.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1972_Olympic_Men's_Basketball_Final

>you now remember Fergie Time

Attached: ferguson-pointing-watch.jpg (634x382, 31K)

Attached: Refs.jpg (624x475, 56K)

>2002 NBA Western Conference Finals - Game 6
This

Barcelona vs Chelsea 2008/09 Champions League semi finals. Chelsea were cheated out of three penalties that night and Barcelona dived relentlessly.

This.

>that time when this ref was caught with a shitload of heroine at JFK Int'l several years after 2002 WC

Attached: moreno0201.jpg (350x350, 21K)

>almost 10 years later
>still mad
>still wrong

>an extra 1:20
wow, it's fucking nothing

2014 Stanley Cup Finals we were litterally robbed by Buttman

>busted with 13 pounds of heroine in his underwear

Good lord.

2002 figure skating Olympics anyone?

>2002 was the year of the ref ball literally

2002 WC

it was originally up his ass

2002 World Cup.

Also

>The organizers of the tournament imposed a rule requiring all matches to have a winner and had chosen an unusual variant of the golden goal rule, which meant that the first goal scored in extra-time not only won the match, but also counted as double. Barbados started the match needing to win by a margin of at least two goals to qualify for the final tournament. When Grenada scored late in normal time to bring the scoreline to 2−1, Barbados deliberately scored an own goal to force extra-time, where they could get the two-goal winning margin they needed thanks to the unconventional golden goal rule.

>This meant that for the last 7 minutes of the match, Grenada was trying to score on either their own goal, or the Barbados goal, as either outcome (either 3–2 or 2–3) would have advanced them to the finals.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbados_4–2_Grenada_(1994_Caribbean_Cup_qualification)

Attached: didier_drogba_1398667c.jpg (460x287, 21K)

this
chinks and weebs ruin everything

No way. I never knew about this incident. I want to see footage of the match.

1988 boxing olympic finals

there is zero doubt in my mind that this was rigged. The Kings v Nets would have been an incredibly boring finals with low viewership. The NBA realised this and stepped in.

Thread closed

Not as famous as football but still disgraceful. The Seoul olympics warned us about 2002.

>the tuck rule
>Patriots vs falcons
>any home Patriots game
>Steelers vs Seahawks
>gm 6 Sac/LaL

First one that pops to mind is when the Russians bribed that French judge for the 2002 Olympic Figure Skating gold. I know, it's completely unprecedented. Russians cheating and the French taking bribes? Who would have thought?

2006 NBA Finals

Dirk deserves 2 rings dammit

I don't know why people talk so much about the 2002 WC, since the most benfited "people", worst Korea, didn't actually won.

still mad after all these years. You do realize those were all correct calls, right. Learn the rules.

most recent NFL is the meme Foles play in the Owl. 2 obvious non-calls. didn't matter to outcome (unless pats pick 6'd the next play lol), but Jesus, you have to be kidding me. sanctioned ref ball. Also hilarious because ppl will defend refball just because it happened to the pats, comical

>t. booty blasted Pats "fan"

how about just plain bad calls?

Attached: Galarraga's perfect game ruined foiled by umpire.webm (466x274, 936K)

The KHL is literally rigged for Putin's favorite team (SKA) to win because it's an election year for him, they're 6 times over the roster cap

Roy Jones at the Olympics.
Or any number of boxing fights over the years. In most sports the refs can aid one team with favourable decisions. In boxing they can literally decide the outcome.

The umpire apologized pretty emphatically for that though. That counts for something. Most times you don't hear a referee or umpire address their mistakes at all, let alone admit to them and say they're sorry.

Tuck Rule. NFL network did a documentary about it and you'd have to be a die hard tom Brady loving Bostonian to not see how rigged that was.

>brings up the eagles bowl
>ignores all those phantom calls in the jaguar game
>ignores that bullshit call in the steelers game
>ignores that bullshit call in the jets game

Yes user those poor patriots getting completely refballed again

Attached: 1519849231520.jpg (394x406, 48K)

I want to say Maradona's handball but the ref was a blind retard.

fuck off, i let the argie with the screenshots deal with you

>series ended 4-1
>rigged

What joke am I missing here?

>farca refball apologists
funny how you lot always find excuses when farca does it but when other teams benefit from a decision you're the first to cry refball. fuck off and die desu Sup Forums was better before reddit barcelona disckriders came along

Fuck the refs.

Attached: BrettHullNoGoal.jpg (398x351, 32K)

/Thread.

I'd also put one forward for Porto-Celtic 2003 UEFA cup final. The amount of shit Porto got away with. Diving, niggly fouls every 30 seconds and general cuntery

NO GOAL
O

G
O
A
L

HIS FOOT WAS IN THE CREASE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Not refball, but blatant cheating and corruption:

>Russia in Sochi
>Awarding Russia the world cup
>Awarding FUCKING QATAR the world cup

What makes these so bad is the shameless involvement of their governments and the fact that they are going to get away with handing the world cups to these shitholes.

you still mad buffabitch?

Bills made the playoffs for the first time since I was 12. I can't be happier, but the sabres are still hot trash and I can't be assed to even give a shit about them desu.

desu one of my good friends in college was from buffalo and i didn't realize how badly my city fucked you guys in the 90s... i'm sorry yall are pretty nice
t. dallas

I still see T.O jerseys at games. I forget all about that time.

>Even the runner grabs his head in disbelief

youtube.com/watch?v=cxTjOPImyts

Lol.

2002 WCF, easy
Which is a bummer because it was so bad that people forget that 2001 had it too, and we were robbed of Pippen having more rings than Jordan

The worst part is he realized the mistake literally a second later but "oh i moved my hands outward already so it's official for all of time"

Fuck the Tigers though

Attached: YSCORE-articleLarge.jpg (600x340, 65K)

I had a peruvian roommate and we were watching his soccer team Alianza Lima in like 2010

>home team scores game winning goal in extra time
>ref calls offsides
>home team coach comes over and talks to ref for like 2 minutes
>ref says lolnevermind, its a goal
>visiting team surrounds refs all screaming and pissed off
>riot shield police surround refs from visiting team
>game over

I heard an interview where he said that he thought he had the call right until after the game when he had the replay room play it back for him.

So Greece but angry coaches instead of gun-toting Russian mafiosos?

was he, dare i say it, elite???

Attached: ViktorKrum_WB_F4_ViktorKrumArmsCrossed_Promo_080615_Port.jpg (1024x1313, 230K)

can someone give me a quick rundown

>mfw
I'm still mad

Attached: 1504055086364.jpg (420x410, 17K)

1966 World Cup final
Oh and Tuck Rule game

The most egregious instance of refball in history pales in comparison to the most egregious screwball in history, J.K. Rowling, and her role in creating one of the dullest franchises in history. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Attached: 1520917156482.jpg (1588x2862, 1.17M)

>RAGS
>King with no ring

finally, thank you. everyone forgets this one for some reason

>Ayn Raynd
>God tier

Dude...

"No!"

>
great yet another halal spic

based dullposter

Attached: bloomcanon.png (442x269, 120K)

It's not about winning, it's about eliminating great teams that could've possibly played Brazil in the final instead of watching a weak Germany nearly get raped if not for Kahn. It made it slightly better that Turkey out of fucking nowhere shit on the gooks.

It's honestly fucking disgusting what they're doing. Why do shitheads like Putin again?

real madrid against any german team in the past 2 years

Attached: b-but barcelona are cheaters.jpg (768x1024, 263K)

Attached: b-but chelsea was robbed.jpg (960x712, 72K)

Roy Jones Jr. getting robbed of his Gold Medal. Shit was so blatant the Gook that (((won))) apologized to Roy immediately.

Attached: b-but drogba said it was a disgrace.png (1341x1705, 1.41M)

At least Russia does have a football tradition. If South Africa and Brazil could organise a world cup, Russia can. Qatar is a complete disgrace.

butthurt italians and spaniards complaining about losing to south korea in close games where ~1 call went against them.

source: rewatched the games last year because of all the whining. There was one shit call where the ref carded an italian for diving when he actually, for once, wasnt diving. That's it. That is literally it.

>etoo is not offside
>i am blind as well as stupid

1985 World Series

your media has brainwashed you to the point where you are no longer able to do critical thinking

Every figure skating ever. Plus every other Olympic sport judged on points rather than distance/time/weight.

Pop culture pseud

Attached: Halal Trampas 2.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

Harry Potter is shit but the rest of your post and pic related makes me think /lit/ is more retarded than Sup Forums.

I can see his foot quite clearly offside from the pic that you posted you wally

Actually not his foot lol

His head tho

This.

It was a fucking disgrace.

Agree with this one.

South Korea vs Roy Jones Jr

sorry, but 2002 seems like a fair world cup compared to this

Attached: 488303504.jpg (1024x689, 393K)

Not even a basketball fan but game 4 of last year's finals was rigged to shit. Golden State was called for so many dumb fouls and it was all so LeBron could win one last game in front of his home fans. Fucking joke refs even gave the same player 3 fouls which meant he should have been kicked out but they convienatly forgot about that rule and let him play regardless. NBA reffing has always been shit but my god that was a new low for them

DISGRACEFUL!

Whats up with South Korea and cheating? Searching this gets ton of sports and a lot of angry comments from other asian countries.

>I rate Ayn Rand

Attached: 131.jpg (600x509, 91K)

They are one of the most corrupt countries on the planet.

So, Sup Forums really is newfag central.

>small club playing against MU decides to timewaste when leading
colour me surprised