Why would they cast Idris Elba for this role?

Why would they cast Idris Elba for this role?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oXWptQLxnIQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

"Brownie" points.

because Clint is too old.

this, its the sad simple truth.
and if you can't give the role of Literally Clint Eastwood to clint eastwood then why not just do whatever the fuck

I don't care that he's black but he doesn't look fucking rugged or haggard at all, there are plenty others they could have cast as Rolan how did they fuck it up so bad

stephen king represents to me the archetypical white obsession with black people. he's been doing it since forever, his well-meaning insertion of black figures nowadays just come across as stereotypes but thats only because king cannot grasp the nature of black people yet he can't stop himself from trying.

>it's a reddit gets the first post thread

should've cast Thomas Jane

Doesn't he have a son that's like a clone of him?

Why would they start with book three?

Don't question hollywood, they definitely know what they're doing.

Should have went with Viggo.

Why would they make a movie out of this piece of garbage, is the real question.

Blackwashing.

To gain controversy and stir discussion, bad publicity is still publicity..

Hey, there's nothing wrong with casting a person of nigger to play a descendant of King Arthur

his son is a terrible actor

Iain Glen

They are over estimating the popularity of Edris Elba as well as the fact that the US probably will partly fund the film if it has a black lead character.

Since they are going for minority points the film most likely will not stand up on its own feet. Lets wait for word of mouth. If its good ill see it despite the diversity. If its bad ill laugh at it harder.

>i haven't watched the film and it's bad
Wow.

It will flop in china.

I like him but he can't act for shit. he even makes emilia clarke look talented. that's saying a lot

Learn to read.

Sage in case you are just trying to bait bumps to your thread. You can bump all you like of course.

No need to act when you got a voice like that
youtube.com/watch?v=oXWptQLxnIQ