Girls Rule. Women Are Funny. Get Over It

Girls Rule. Women Are Funny. Get Over It.

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2017/biz/asia/losses-at-sony-pictures-division-cut-group-profits-1201976056/
youtube.com/watch?v=I7izJggqCoA
vulture.com/2016/07/paul-feig-ghostbusters-reboot-c-v-r.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you think the male costar had to see the black girl naked? not speaking of the pictures on the internet, but in his real life?

Im not sexist but Ive actually never seen anything funny from a woman before. Might just be different senses of humour.

Some of Tina Fey's stuff is funny

>Im not sexist but

if you have to assure people that something is indeed funny it probably isn't funny

Nope

stopped watching after the first hour, didn't laugh once, and the closest was one of the line's the guy had

>New York Times film critic
end it all

There are/have been loads of women who are funny on their own merits, who don't need to demand everyone to pretend they're funny just to avoid "sexism." This type of shit is condescending to them most of all

In the future people will get arrested for "Ghostbusters Denial" if they say that Ghostbusters 2016 wasn't funny.

have you ever found something a girl in real life says funny? when you didnt want to fuck them?

variety.com/2017/biz/asia/losses-at-sony-pictures-division-cut-group-profits-1201976056/

I wish i could make a career being not funny and losing billions in the process.

One day there will be a very confusing history class where a professor will try to explain how a reboot of a movie called Ghostbusters helped Donald Trump become president of the United states.

BUST EM' PAPA

AYO! HOL UP

I CONFUS

>In the future people will get arrested for "Ghostbusters Denial" if they say that Ghostbusters 2016 wasn't funny.

i've met one women in my life who was genuinely funny

that's it

>sony lost money! better start ghostbusters shitposting again!!

you know, if they'd had Tina Fey and Amy Poehler in this movie I honestly would've given it a chance.

I can't fucking stand anything Kristen Wiig is involved in though.

And another class explaining how femnism caused male scientist to create the artificial womb.

No, he isn't. That's not what it means to be sexist.

Junkbot isn't a milk carton.

Those two are hilarious but they opted to go with zero talent and trade on nostalgia even though they had a deep seated hatred for the original movie.

The greatest sin in hollywood is losing money

Yeah it's kinda pathetic how we actually do have plenty of funny women around, but they never get roles like this.

I've seen some gut busting stand up comics that were women even.

Yet instead of getting some comedians for this Ghostbusters remake, they got some women that are better known for doing some dramas. Melissa McCarthy was the biggest and biggest named comic in the movie and she's only really done well with fairly small comedies aimed at a niche audience.

was papa john actually in the movie?

it wasn't that bad of a movie, you're just all salty because they tried to springboard off of chauvinism as an advertising strategy

Spy and Heat were funnier, but thats not saying much.

>July 16, 2016
But let's get angry over it again for the umpteenth time

Good question.

Women are funny Sup Forums. Get over it.

Melissa McCarthy is really pretty decent as a comedic actress.

It's easy enough for me to see how Ghostbusters could've been dramatically better had they tried using some of their talent a bit better, but it seemed like they were too stuck on the idea of shoving in just anyone they thought was popular rather than those that could work well together.

The two skinny white women mostly have done comedy that involves funny things happening around them rather than making with the jokes themselves, so they just dragged down this movie a huge deal on their own.

They tried remaking a great movie and only made something mediocre. This was not a difficult movie to succeed with and if they had done well with it then they'd have an entire cinematic universe to play with.

It's actually not that bad of a movie. You guys just hate it because women "ruined" your beloved series.

>make Ghostbusters reboot starring all female comedians
>funniest part is Chris Hemsworth

The Heat was fucking terrible, but I kind of liked Spy.

This is more of an"I told you so thread" and not so much of an angry thread.

what kind of name is "manohla dargis"? lmao she's right, her stupid ass name is funny, so she's funny and women are funny also case closed end of discussion I’m blowin' up like spontaneous human combustion

Anything with Melissa McCarthy is new Adam Sandler tier, pure shit. Why do people think she's funny?

>Russo brothers want to make action-based Ghostbusters movie
>Chris Pratt and Channing Tatum in talks
>talks fall through
>they make Civil War instead which grosses over a billion dollars

Sony should have hopped on that guy-busters movie. What were they thinking?

At least we got Spectral

Yeah but it's because I'm laughing at them

>Yeah it's kinda pathetic how we actually do have plenty of funny women around, but they never get roles like this.

Maybe they don't want those roles. I think that if Tina Fey and Amy Poehler wanted to be in a Ghostbusters remake, they would be in it.

OP's post is still a pic from nearly a year ago.

Chris Hemsworth? Nah. Him and Kristen Wiig have this weird sort of thing going on in the movie. She's got a crush on him and the movie hints that he sort of likes her back.

>July 10, 2016

Wow, so relevant and timely OP. Glad you found this, I'll be sure to travel back in time to last year and not see Ghostbusters all over again.

kek

you can stop now you desperate faggot

>SNL is funny
Kys

My friend said that a guy that we know looks.and dresses like faggot. Also another friend told me that she would sniff my feet and farts and I laughed pretty hard.

youtube.com/watch?v=I7izJggqCoA

i would like to disagree

>says the guy who posted a year old article about a movie no one here saw (or at least paid money to see)

OOGA BOOGA

Those movies atleast felt natrual because they aren't based on a well loved IP. The entire Ghostbusters controversy was just trying to make a bad idea look good. Paul Fieg was not the right choice at all.

Spy ok, but it felt like something made for my math teacher. I don't know if I want to recommended to my own mom. I saw some bits of Heat, and it looked like a simple buddy cop parody. Also Kaitlin Olson plays a latino women or something, and I can't tell if its ironicly bad or suppose to be good. Can't not think of Dee in that scene.

>implying i'm op

>gut busting stand up comics that were women

>Fembusters
>funniest part of the movie is Chris Hemsworth ad libbing all his lines
Bravo, women

we haven't talked about this movie since it bombed at the box office

why are people drudging this nonsense up now

Veep is comedy gold.

anitfa? anti first amendment? geez not even hiding it.

>wallet disagreeing with it intensifies

what now vaginakin?

It's funny because "Men rule, women are weak, get over it" has been the slogan of the patriarchy since beginning of time.

t. feminist

>t. feminist

I'm sorry for your loss.

Pretty sure that's shitty b8, but go for it.

>cast poses with dying kids before the film is even released, clearly making it a shameless promotion stunt
>normal society is appropriately outraged
>"look at all the Internet pigs who hate women!"

Funny how the whole "sexism" uproar around this movie was suddenly forgotten in time after people actually watched it.

>This was not a difficult movie to succeed with
It is though. The original only really worked because of the chemistry. They took a heavily cast driven movie, swapped out the cast, and thought it would turn out fine.

This. 30 Rock was a great show because it was made by feminists who knew better than to let politics spoil their fun.

Kate Mckinnon gave me a few chuckles, but she was the only one.

UKS's first season is great too, but she does let it get bogged down in politics a bit too much in the second season. It's looking like season 3 is going to be focussed on Titus, so I'm hoping she's steering it back towards season 1's quality.

I didn't pay attention to the controversy, but what came first: asspained fanboys of the original that shat all over news of the remake or shills for this film that tried to shame anyone who wanted to avoid watching it? Was it simultaneous? Or was one exaggerated while the other was indeed legit?

I'm a fan of Tina Fey, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, and Kaitlin Olson. I would have gone to see the movie if all three of them plus Amy Poehler was in it.

>Sony Pictures posts $719 million loss in 2016, worst year on record

I think this one takes the cake for sheer unprofitability ratop

>this movie exists

what even is this

Thanks for posting these, but it only lists domestic grosses.

this was comfy

Even domestic grosses don't reflect how much money a movie made since the theater takes a cut but foreign grosses are even worse - the studio will see pennies on the dollar for their profits overseas

"The Iraq War Was Bad" starring Vin Diesel and Kristen Stewart and directed by Brokeback Mountain's Ang Lee

Tina Fey? The chick who does those JOI videos?

>the studio will see pennies on the dollar for their profits overseas
I think that's an exaggeration and it must be at least 20% or 30%. Billy Lynn gross $30 million, which I imagine must not make it that much of a bomb, though still pretty horrendous.

Hw much did this lose at the boz office?

60/120 fps feature film test

Fuck me that kids face gets me every time

Not enough

>it's a "Sup Forums acts like Ghostbusters supporters have an agenda while they don't

This wasn't terrible honestly. Watched it on a plane ride. Wasnt great but nothing would live up to the OG verso anyway.

Not the dumpster fire you autists pretend it is

You can pick and choose the metrics you want since it's all fuzzy math to begin with. The budgets are always understated too since they don't include ad campaigns - before this movie came out, director Paul Feig was claiming that it really needed to break $500 million to start turning a profit.

vulture.com/2016/07/paul-feig-ghostbusters-reboot-c-v-r.html

>director Paul Feig was claiming that it really needed to break $500 million to start turning a profit.
I read that and I think that's bullshit, otherwise you wouldn't constantly see the number $50 and $75 million provided by "sources" as to how much Sony was likely to lose as a result of the poor box office revenues for Ghostbusters.

Oh nevermind, that's Tina Kay

Eh, that actually almost checks out. If they grossed $229 million global but that was only enough to recoup half the production budget because of how the money gets doled out, it really would need to pass near $500 million before their cut reaches profitability.

>this fag right here

Spawn camping fucks