Why the fuck is this insulting pile of shit being praised everywhere I look?

Why the fuck is this insulting pile of shit being praised everywhere I look?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G8U21reHexg&t=49s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>being praised everywhere I look
it's not

it was a year ago, but you're late to the party and probably just pirated recently because you had no one to see it with at the time.

and that is very likely related to your inability to enjoy things or have an emotional response to them

reddit has a long history of praising "muh scifi that really makes you think"

>but you're late to the party and probably just pirated recently because you had no one to see it with at the time
lmao, where do you think you are?

the same place I was in October when I discussed this with other people here who had seen it

I went to the cinema to see it and really enjoyed it. I'll torrent it again at some point and enjoy it once more.

I thought it was pretty good. At least better than average.

I think it's just because there are so few big budget sci-fi movies. I'm not a fan of Interstellar or arrival but I understand the appeal

Because Amy Adams is a fucking qt 3.14

that's the worst poster i've ever seen desu

So the aliens were nihilists, right? And they infected humanity with it.

because people are niggers.

>it's not being praised, but it's good and you are a shitty autist that can't emotion

this is the kind of person who likes arrival

What's wrong with it?

Because 2016 was awful when it comes to movies

didn't say it was good

just that the reason op doesn't like it has nothing to do with its quality (evidenced by not providing any specific criticisms, same as you)

Sci fi fans are generally retarded

>the reason OP doesn't like it
he didn't give a reason you fucking autist, he just said it was shit. How autistic are you?

>he didn't give a reason
yeah, I just said that

>le basement virgin insult
great stuff. so you're either a woman or a reddit cuck right?

You really ground my gears with that post. Interstellar and Arrival are lightyears appart from each other.

Because it's a well executed straightforward film about a mother-daughter relationship and life/death in general in a sci fi setting, flawless execution in nearly all filmmaking elements.
You can't find one buzzword free flaw about it except the usual "I DON'T FIND THE WRITTEN NARRATIVE PLAUSIBLE OR REALISTIC THEREFORE THE ENTIRE FILM IS SHIT" meaningless comment.

Which one one is better?

>the shit controls time
>implying the government would have let that shit out into the whole world where anyone can change shit
>implying anyone would remember that shit language in 3k years

>>the shit controls time
There is no "control of time", you just gain perspective on time where you "remember" the future just like you remember your past in the form of memories

>>implying the government would have let that shit out into the whole world where anyone can change shit
That's why there are 12 ships there instead of just one, nations are literally forced to work together to solve it, without one another they have nothing

>>implying anyone would remember that shit language in 3k years
I'm pretty sure a way percieving time nonlinearly where you experience the past and the future at the same "time" would be a hard concept to forget or lose track of

>well executed
kek
>straightforward
that's a very flattering way to say insultingly dumb, cheesy and predictable

This. It was just a well executed feels movie.

Please tell me how it isn't well executed.

Editing, production design, soundtrack, sound design, framing and composition, list some flaws in the execution of any of these filmmaking elements.

>random mention of virginity
>reddit
>nothing specific to say about the film
where can I find this automated post generator everyone is using?

The movie was boring, and the thin veneer that is the plot and central film conceit only holds up until you think about it for 5 minutes and discover that none of it actually makes any sense.

Oh I'm sorry, for some reason I thought having a compelling plot that isn't full of holes, cheesy clichés, wasted opportunities and furthermore doesn't relentlessly insult the intelligence of viewers was one ingredient for a well executed movie. Dress up shit with ribbons and perfume and it'll still be shit.

>I don't have a single argument about the execution of the film but it's bad

Sure thing buddy.
You have problems with the script, not the execution. Though I doubt you can list any constructive plot hole in the narrative.

you're just repeating yourself without explaining what made you come to those conclusions. I imagine that's the information he's after. you could be talking about any movie

yes, truly, villeneuve has gone to "film school". He knows just how to direct a movie. Lifeless, with attention to autistic details, takes itself too seriously, and of course there is a lot of "tension" and epic cinematography. There really isn't much to say, if you like Kubrick you'll probably like this guy too. it's disguised well (not so much no) and it's something you can only understand by feel

he could give a wealth of information, but you'll still say "no." so he's probably thinking it's a waste of time, especially since you are dumb enough to like the movie in the first place

So is Arrival red-pilled like Sicario, or is Villeneuve going normie on us?

Not an argument.

Also uridon there is a new Split thread active, go shill your pathetic embarassing surface level rambling youtube "review" hurry, you need another 7 extra views

more like redditpilled lmao cuck

youtube.com/watch?v=G8U21reHexg&t=49s

just for (you)

continue to enjoy SJWinterstellar, and Split too

>Arrival
>"SJW"

so SJW's are pro life now or what?

Really makes you think.

yes as long as the baby is a strong independent woman

plus forced globalism & hatred of alex jones, you cherry picking nigger faggot

Nothing in this post is an argument

Arrival is "it's just time man!" while Interstellar is "ok so this is where modern science gets confusing, so lets fill the rest with love and weird hypercubes".
Basically Interstellar = Arrival + Wikipedia.
Both of them are less intelligent than people seem to think, it's just that Interstellar did its homework.

Because SCIENCE IS AWESOME DUDE. Being into "science" is the new normie thing. The less sense "science" makes, the better.

the film wasn't trying to be "le i fucking love science" you dumb autist
you obviously didn't watch it

>straightforward film about a mother-daughter relationship
>daughter is literally on screen for 5 minutes
Yeah, it totally is about that. Not about quipping scientists quipping around.

That's what the whole story was about you surface level casual.

The ayylmao's and the science are just the setting in Arrival where the actual story takes place in, the story of Amy Adams character relationship with her daughter and embracing life/death in general.
It is by no means a "hard sci fi" movie about aliens.

The opening and the ending sequences are about their relationship.
All the major scenes are intercut with it.
And even when it's in the present narrative it's either a heavy close up of Amy Adams for half the movie or a camera placement of her characters point of view.

The ayylmaos and the science were only plot devices for the actual narrative of the mother-daughter relationship.

Knowing that you're future daughter will die slowly and painfully to cancer at age of 16 or something but still giving birth to her was just selfish and infuriating

This film is literally the most perfect pleb filter ever conceived.

There is no choice, she can't change it. Because it's non-linear, the past present and the future experiences are connected and experienced at the same time.
So she embraces it because she thinks the moments they had together are worth living for.

Also, do you think parents of kids with cancer wish they never had them?

It's got great visuals and first part, yeah it kinda falls off later when it dissolves into feminine melodramatic bullshit about family and stuff, but it's fine, not like we got many sci-fi films recently.

he obviously struck a nerve with you. saying "cuck" unironically doesn't help your case there tubby.

>i hate the movie because I disagree with the actions of a character that is not me and who is different from me

So the only good movies are ones in which characters act like a 15 year old boy who lives on Sup Forums? No wonder you faggots have such shit movie taste.

god i can almost see you withering in pain right now

bait

lul
>flawless execution

hahaahhaha

Villenueve is Nolan with the good sense to spout a little less exposition. He's totally unremarkable, but all you have to do these days among Hollywood/comic book trash is make a 5.5/10 to get recognition.

Villenueve is fedora garbage. Fucking plebs.

Arrival is part of a recent series of movies I'd describe as Dunning-Kruger Sci-Fi. Along with Interstellar and to a somewhat lesser extent The Martian, they perfectly play to the crowd that fancies themselves as (and, to be fair, may truly be) smarter than average audiences but are not as smart as genuinely "smart people." They are movies designed to make the audience feel smart by introducing complicated and heady concepts, and then holding the viewer's hand the entire way through until there is next to nothing to be left up to interpretation.

If you didn't already know the twist in Arrival by the time she was in the milky section of the ship with the aliens AT LEAST, you perfectly fit the audience I am talking about.

There is no reward for being smart while viewing these movies because everything is eventually spelled out in big fridge magnet letters. Any clever idea is made so transparent that even the most simple in the audience will get it. It also removes any reward for rewatching or trying to figure out what you just saw.

Granted, there is a difference between Arrival and Interstellar. I think where Interstellar was pretending to have a brain it actually didn't have, Arrival has a brain that it is refusing to let the audience use.

Completely disappointing movie.

Also
>so that just happened

Still not one argument, keep spouting your buzzwords

I dont know, I might be salty because I went in for a tense thriller like Sicario but with ayys and left with blue balls. I liked the visuals, I liked the manner that they introduced the aliens as it had an almost authentic feel to it. Unfortunately the opening somber string piece was one I recognized from Shutter Island and it took me out of the movie.

OMFG you sound so smart.

this pasta is 100% on the money

Still no actual argument.
It says absolutely zero about the actual movie, only about the overpraising viewers.
It's the same as if I would say that Fight Club is a bad film because normies praise it like it's the meaning of life itself.

Thanks, samefag.

Yo dude, while I'm talking to myself...remember to wipe your butt before you go to bed tonight, so there's no skidmarks on the bedsheet, 'kay?

yea but at the end of the day arrival is a shit movie
and fight club isn't, regardless of what explanation I give you, which I'm not obligated to do.

? ? ?

Kill yourself, brainlet.

the difference is Nolan at least attempted to replicate human emotion on screen whereas Denis was too autistic even to try

essentially yeah
fedora-wearing stoicists

it's not exactly a mother-daughter relationship is it though
she treats her daughter like a self-help book, a tool to better appreciate her own experience of life rather than a person in her own right with her own thoughts and feelings

-at least in what of their lives are shown to us, which is all that matters if we're talking about critiquing the film

i havent watched it but i downloaded it and will probably watch it in the next few days

see, this is why I actually prefer Interstellar
yes, she can't change the future and her daughter is always going to die of cancer because it's predetermined, but does that excuse her from not having any kind of an emotional response to the issue or *trying* to chance the inevitable? Hell, we're not even sure SHE knows it's inevitable- within the universe of the movie, the rules and ins and outs of the world are never explained to anyone, not even her; for all she knows, she's just seeing one potential future timeline and might still have a chance to act. she doesn't KNOW the universe is deterministic, only that she's seen and experienced these particular things. senses can lie. instead of expressing the desperation and determination of a mother to a dying child and investing her fortune in cancer research or anything, she just gives in immediately and submits to the timeline she has perceived without any resistance. where's the pathos? where's the human will? is it really superior to the human experience to have an absence of will to power, the driving force of change, inspiration and achievement? She treats having a kid the way most people treat watching an ~inspirational~ Showtime documentary about disabled people or former addicts.

lost track of my original point

point is, in Interstellar, the characters do stupid things but it makes sense because they're human
Anne Hathaway goes off on her love spiel to try and convince the crew to make a decision that is actively inefficient and will limit their future options, because of human emotions colouring her judgement. Cooper immediately calls her out on her reasoning being bullshit and reminds her she's supposed to be a scientist. Her father lies about his progress and intentionally deceives his entire facility because he's so ashamed of letting them down and only admits to it on his deathbead in a disturbing, sad and very un-Michael-Caine scene that hits with a much harder lurch than anything in Arrival. For all its (veritable) flaws, Interstellar depicts the interplay between scientific ideal and the fact that all scientists are, at the end of the day, human a lot more believably than Arrival.

It's beautifully shot and an interesting SciFi story. The pacing is off and overall the story kinda falters, but it worth a watch.

Also I really like the sound design. It's a solid 7/10.

...on cam rip

just watch Contact its a better film about the same thing

Brainlets think it's 2deep4u but it's actually just nonsensical and shit

FPBP
P
B
P

I get what you mean but it had a cool progression the aliens were original to say the least.