/got/ thread

George RR Martin Edition

Previous
The American Tolkien.

Other urls found in this thread:

awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Aegon_Targaryen_(son_of_Aerys_II)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Notch in 30 years

Maario Naharis

HAHAHA COMEDY GOLD POST IT AGAIN! AGAIN!

How badly does HBO want to adapt the Silmarillion do you think?

Lots of action, dragons, incest, and they can add as much nudity and OC as they want.

Must be praying every night that Christopher Tolkien dies and his family will sell the rights

>he hates Tolkien
>would have been perfect to play Tom Bombadil.

what did he mean by this?

Maester Luigi

Lol, maybe he could have played Bombadil's fat worthless brother.

>hates Tolkien
He's a big fan of Tolkien's works though, they're what inspired him to do ASOIAF.

I havnt payed attention to this series in a while

Will Winds of Winter ever be released? Do we even want it too? Looking back the last 2 books arent very good.

He should stop the book series right now and help write the remaining tv episodes. No one even likes his latest books, but the tv show needs some competent writers.

I would just to know how it ends besides what will be the show ending. Especially the characters not on the show.

>Will Winds of Winter ever be released?

Maybe 2 years from now.

>Do we even want it too?

I'm sure lots of bookcucks are still holding out hope, especially the ones who are into shipping.

Proud of you, keep my Maario Naharis post alive.

Succeed where I have failed.

he doesn't hate tolkien tho.. and tom bombadil is slim unlike fattie mc goo rr martin

Azor Clegane

>NO DRAFT FOR ME
>oh...

that would be war of the roses, pleb.

not until the show series finishes

So when's the next book coming out?
not that I plan on reading it

why even keep this thread alive? it's GoT offseason, George has no interest in writing TWOW and the season has basically already leaked. what is there to talk about?

Bran.

>he hates Tolkien
Best thing about him

Muh person that did something first is the best at it forever...like the masterful Cave painters and the brilliant first wheel.

Tolkien was a shitty christian fanfiction writing hack that deserves none of the fame he got postmortem (from the movies mind you, because who cares about Nerd books).

Source on leak?

>tolkien being the first fantasy writer
>lotr being christian fanfic

good bait

>Hey kids, wanna buy some moral relativism?

Finn is cuter than Isaac.

>When they try to kill you off but even death bends the knee to the one true king.

Tolkien wanted to make something more alike Greek epics than a generic fantasy book

>American Tolkien
>American

sounds about right.

He's a man, okay? Not a woman.

Gays=Pedophiles

and noah is cuter than finn

Not bad. Copied for future trolling purposes.

the whole mythology is based on norse/scandinavian mythology/religion. Involving elves, dwarves, trolls and other typical norse, magical beings.
Gandalf is modeled after the norse god Odin. Middle Earth is named after Miðgarðr which is the world the nordic pagans believed in.

Then why ask, doofus dumbass

Why did Rhaegar name both his sons Aegon?

because

>I'm going to finish the books before I die!
-George Martin

>The mannis smiling
Absolutely traitorous.

provide evidence that he did

Rhaegar only had one son (not counting Jon)
Maybe you're confusing him with Aerys who also had a son named Aegon, who was a brother of Rhaegar.

What will the next thread be about?

>tfw dating a girl whom'st a huge fan of GoT and sending her memes I find here to gain her affection

Preston Jacobs is still posting theories. Tune in next week to find out who really tried to kill Bran.

Spoiler: it was Catlyn who'd been receiving visions from Ned Stark via glass candle. Ned wanted all the Starks out of the way so he could start a new family with his true love, Howland Reed, who'd been disguised as Robert Baratheon for the last 16 years. The real Robert died at the Trident.

mah nigga ned

wait until you find out she is a starkfag

Remember how we all cheered when Joffrey met his end in Game of Thrones? Well, we might not have seen the last of him.

A fan on Reddit has come up with a 'highly original' theory about just whose face is under the helmet of the reanimated Mountain, AKA Ser Robert Strong in the books. And it makes sense in a creepy way.

They posit that the eyes are completely the wrong colour for it to be Ser Gregor Clegane's face, and the piercing blue eyes of Ser Robert in fact belong to Cersei's son Joffrey.

So, basically, Qyburn decided - for some reason that escapes us - to sew Joffrey's dead head onto the body of The Mountain to create Cersei's champion. This could fit with the fact that it's believed they sent the head of The Mountain to Dorne in the books.

I want whatever Preston is taking. Shit seems wonderful.

who are her favorite characters?

>rewatch GoT ready for season 7
>watch it all in a couple of weeks
>still 2 months to go
>decide to start reading The Wheel of Time
>it is actually better than GoT

/TWoT/ when

>what is there to talk about?
power rankings and battle dome

>Bobby B vs Garlan Tyrell

Soon my brother. What book are you on? I'm on book 11 myself.
Min a qt

>captcha choose a horn

Asked her for fave five, answered with: Tyrion, Jon, Robb, Arya, Ned

So she's a Starkfag as said

Only half way through book one. Found the complete set in a charity shop for £24.

drop her

At least she's not a sansafag

The first 6 books are great but the rest get pretty slow at times (especially book 10) but book 11 is picking up speed again. Just so you know.

No, Rhaegar had 2 children with Elia- Aegon and Rhaenys.

Aerys had Rhaegar, Viserys and Dany.

Is anyone?

Tumblr and an assload of feminists outside of tumblr

Really? She's a shit fucking character at least in the show played by a fairly ugly woman too. I can't fucking stand her myself, I know no one who can also.

Jonsa
Gendrick
R'hllelly
JaqMelly
Piendry
Torienne
WalCat
Catyrion
Robbeon
Joffsay
Breera
Thormelly
Robbgery
JaqAry
Gendrya
Waifjaq
Kindole
Jaimure
Olefish
Stannos
RobbRos
Robbjey
Kindlypair
Tynny
Tyrienne
Jorleesi
MissTy
Tyleesi
Renwun
MissGrey
Branerys
Brodor
Meeosh
Robbcella
LittleCat
NightCat
Nightsei
Nightleesi
Jaimsa
Jaimleesi
Saleesi
Berheart
Berthor
Brojen
Selmolenna

awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Aegon_Targaryen_(son_of_Aerys_II)

there you go pleb

She's the most popular character there, for fanfic, fanart, shipping (with people besides the obvious like Arthur Dayne, Benjen, Roose, Stannis, Rhaegar, Robb, Gendry, Addam Marbrand, Dany, Arya, Oberyn, Brienne, Margaery, Cersei, Theon, Jaime, Beric, Thoros, Ramsay (for purposes other than rape), and of course Jon)

shipping?

When you want two characters to be in a relationSHIP or to fuck

I always found that to be retarded 2bh

Even normal people do it, just not as obsessively as tumblr.

Eh, I dunno. I know a few people who watch several tv shows and never once talked about shipping. It could be a weird concept here in eastern yurop I guess

They just do it in a more normal way, like liking two people together, but they're not gonna talk about it all day or how two people definitely belong together for X, Y, Z reason like Tumblr does.

Lots of normal people wanna see Jon and Dany hook up for example, but they're not gonna talk about it all the time or just bring it up without some kind of prompting.

I kinda want to see this girl rape and pillage King's landing. the midget man eluded to this in the 5th book when he got drunk af

THAT'S NOT TRUE YOU'RE THINKING OF TYWIN

>Shipping Sansa with anyone other than Sandor
Fucking ignorant shitheads.

Well it's no secret that the magic, warging, and time travel is the only interesting storyline left in the show

>shipping sansa with Sandor instead of Sam

Fucking braindead shithead

>Shipping sansa with anyone except an ax to the skull

I don't know what a "finn" is or what planet it comes from

>the wheel of time
i wish i could read this series but my ex fiance was really into it and i can't even think about those books without getting sad.

feelsbadman.

is gendry out of the series now?

Tywin is a chucklefuck compared to Stannis, come on.

>The American Tolkien
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

holy shit GoT fags are completely delusional

>they're what inspired him to do ASOIAF
yeah no shit, his books are a cheap knock off

Oh, and forgot Tywin, Yara/Asha and Podd

How on Earth was The Silmarillion so fucking great? Has any other continuation of a dead author's franchise based on his notes ever even approached the greatness of The Silmarillion? Was it the quality and completeness of Tolkien's notes? Was it Christopher's involvement throughout the creation of the series and familial dedication? Was it Guy Kay's talent?

He's right though.

Martin is a fatter, lazier, less intelligent, less interesting, greedier version of Tolkien, and makes blatantly inferior books compared to Tolkien.

100% accurate.

Go to bed Martin

>tfw included in a series of quotes about The Silmarillion because the digestposter thought you were being ironic but you were actually sincere
image.jpg

no way man, you come on. Stannis even cracks jokes sometimes

>no my character is the most autistic!
Oh wow.

seriously, can someone clarify this

Fucking redditors. He's in the leaks, confirmed with set pictures.

Of lotr? How?

For example

>Aragorn is descended from the Kings of Gondor.

>Jon is descended from the Targaryen Kings.

>Aragorn's mother was descended from the first chieftain of the Dúnedain Aranarth, the rightful King of the Northern Kingdom. And takes after his mother in her Dúnedain coloring with grey eyes and dark hair.

>Jon's mother is descended from the first King in the North. And takes after his mother in her Stark coloring with grey eyes and dark hair.

>The Elendils left Numenor, the highest human civilization that fell to a cataclysmic event, before the island was swallowed by the sea, and kept what would be the last line of White Trees, a mystical tree from Numenor and the island's signature tree that became the sigil of House Elendil, the kings of Gondor.

>The Targaryens left Valyria, the highest human civilization that fell to a cataclysmic event, before the Doom came and much of the peninsula was swallowed by the sea, and kept the last dragons with them, dragons being the signature creatures of Valyria. The dragon would become the sigil of House Targaryen, the kings of Westeros.

>Aragorn led the rangers of the North.

>Jon leads the Night's Watch in the far North.

>When Aragorn was two years old, his father was killed while pursuing orcs. Aragorn was afterwards fostered in Rivendell by Elrond. At the bidding of Elrond, his lineage was kept secret, as Elrond feared he would be killed like his father and grandfather if his true identity as Isildur's heir became known. Aragorn was renamed Estel to hide his existence from Sauron and his servants.

>When Jon was just born, his father was killed while pursuing rebels. Jon was afterwards fostered in Winterfell by Eddard Stark. At the bidding of Eddard, his lineage was kept secret, as Eddard feared he would be killed like his father and grandfather if his true identity as Rhaegar's heir became known. Jon was renamed Snow to hide his existence from Robert Baratheon and his servants

he is?? AWESOME jon's totally gonna legitimize him