Tell me, user, have you given on your dream to be an artist yet?

Tell me, user, have you given on your dream to be an artist yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nbue2Pi2tNY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes

what does this even mean

learn to english shitskin

jazz, blues and similary faggotry is not art

>missed one "up" after "given"
>autists sperg out

>I have dyslexia but haven't realized it yet

>prancing around like a faggot
>"look at me! I'm an artist!"

top fucking kek

I haven't given up yet

Given up? No. I live it every day.

yes, i deleted my script that i worked on for months

:(

Why? did you need room for literal mountains of CP? How much space could three pages have possibly taken up?

It took up the space in his heart, user, and filled it with shame.

In terms of dream kino. Whisper of the Heart > La La Land

You know how some people encourage kids to follow their dreams? Mine did the exact opposite.

>parents don't sign me up for sport because it may distract me from school work
>they sign me up for math classes friday night (in high school I actually had to pass the building where the cool kids drank and they would taunt me)
>english class was saturday morning
>that went for 12 fucking years (friday night is math,saturday morning english)
>only colleges I could choose were business or law and I basically flipped a coin and chose law
>they both died so I lost an opportunity to join any reputable law firm
>all I can do is boring office jobs

I will never be a movie director

no justifiable reason, really. i realized that even if i was successful and happy, it would still be meaningless. so there's no point in being happy

That's a pretty shitty excuse user, you still have plenty of time.

I am 27 years old and I don't live in the USA. I don't know any actors and I don't have any talent. I wrote movies when I was 14 and they were very derivative. My dream is dead. All that is left for me now is try to make a ton of money so I can buy a ton of stuff so I don't blow my brains out.

I'm actually taking more steps than ever. I'm fucked over a little bit because of location but I'm going to work my way around it.

>27

So you still have plenty of time. Your dream is only dead because of your defeatist mindset.

not him but lmao fuck off

I appreciate you trying to motivate me but I have resigned from my dream. As I said,I don't have any actor friends,who the fuck am I gonna direct? Being a lawyer/politican will at least bring me money.

I realized a long time ago that not only were my stories going to remain unread they are also terrible. I've given up on the idea of doing it to please anyone other than myself.

I'm just saying your dream isn't really dead, you've simply chosen to abandon it because you don't want to put any effort or risk into achieving it. And that's fine, there's nothing wrong with moving on from dreams, but at least say that instead of saying your dream is dead or unobtainable because of some petty excuses that aren't actually hindering anything. You'll just come off as some self-pitying underachiever.

What are you doing in your life? Are you happy? Are you being all you can be? What is your dream and what are you doing to achieve it? Is it plausible? Is chasing it gonna bankrupt you?

youtube.com/watch?v=Nbue2Pi2tNY

damien chazelle gave up on his dream to make a good movie

I don't see what any of that has to do with what I've said. I'm not trying to say I'm a better person than you, I just don't think you're looking at it in an honest way.

Speaking the truth man, thanks for contributing something worthwhile.

these shitposts are just sloppy

I'm working on my writing and getting better. I focus mainly on writing short films and sketches because it's helping me get better at writing more efficient dialogue and being more economical with my words.
I even wrote a TV pilot. It's shit but there are some good nuggets in there.
I'm currently working on material for another pilot which has a structure that plays more to my strengths as a writer.
I don't know what the fuck I'm going to do with most of these but for now the challenge of improving my writing is a great goal to work towards.

>I don't have any actor friends,who the fuck am I gonna direct?

...Is that honestly how you think it works? That directors just happen to have a giant group of talented actors as friends and that's how they end up directing? That... That's fascinating, sir.

Not him, but if you're aiming to make short films you need a group of friends to do it with.

Or you just put out an open casting call looking for other amateurs looking to make a short film.

No. Has to be friends. That's how it works. DGA mandate.

As a person who has appeared in a dozen short films, none of whom were directed by friends (at the time, anyway) I have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

Not for much longer.
The DGA is going on strike in July. They want to be able to cast casual acquaintances and fuck buddies as well.