So what the fuck happened to this?

So what the fuck happened to this?

It's like the trailer dropped and everyone suddenly forgot about it during release.

tried to be sophisticated but ended up just redditor garbage

It's the topic. Persecuted Christians in feudal Japan. Persecuted Christians aren't exactly blockbuster business. The hits are the exception, not the rule.

It's a 10/10 kino and if you don't agree you're basically stupid.

There's a whole industry dedicated to making movies about it. The problem is that nothing can go against the intersectional narrative and succeed in the mainstream.

t. christfag

It wasn't even released in the theaters in my country, I had to pirate it to watch it. I suppose the marketing and distribution really dropped the ball.

nope, atheis

>not a christfag
>uses atheist as a derogatory term

what do you mean nope

>So what the fuck happened to this?

It was shit. He didn't get the actors he should have had and it broke the movie.

I understand him, he'd been wanting to do it for so long, his main choices were not available but I mean fuck.. DDL and Benicio Del Toro alone would have saved it. As long as Garfield stayed out even Leo could have been in it without ruining it.

they were probably hoping it would be an Oscar nominated movie but it lost out to garbage like pic related

I'll explain this to you. I'm an atheist and I really liked this movie.

Andrew Garfield was really good imo.
However Adam Driver was bad.

I didn't understand its title until I realized they hid the locations of the showings for this movie

Garfield was great. Granted, Del Toro or DDL would have been godly, but what we got was still pretty good.

The movie was nice until the last part

It was limited release and wasn't aggressively promoted. Also, it was to heavy and had overly complex themes for most theater goers.

If an oscarbait movie is made and nobody sees it, does it still win?

Next year let's just submit the story about a black holocaust survivor who met and spat at Hitler. There won't be an actual movie on the disc, just static. Let's see how many awards we get.

it was a 6/10
and you're not an atheist

Thank you for telling me who I am and what my opinions are.

why does the middle negro look like an angry chimp?

Anyone have feel guy remade as Kichijiro? He was a great character.

I feel like Garfield was perfect. If they had gotten DDL it would have been more of a vanity project. Benecio Del Toro would have raised the bar intellectually, because the Jesuits appear far too immature in the movie, to the point where Scorsese is undercutting them and not doing justice to history. As pure film however it's an excellent entry.

it was only available as audio descriptive where I live

I'm actually really happy that DiCaprio and DDL weren't in it, but I'll tell you... I'm always disappointed when De Niro loses the opportunity to play a priest.

Got back to /r/I_Am_Smart

Movies propagating Christianity gets blacklisted by the Jewish media

For me, it was a 9/10

10/10 movie, but as a non-religious person, i just kept thinking that the main character was a fucking idiot who deserved everything that happened to him

It doesnt propagate Christianity any more than Raging Bull propagates Boxing.

you're welcome

>movie that pretends to be spiritually enlightning but is obviously not so nobody cared
>just a sack of lies to put jews/jesuits in good light

I'd rather watch any Transformers, those are at least clear sighted. Silence is a confused pile of shit without an ounce of spirituality.

It's a religious movie, but it didn't involve any stiggin' it to liberal atheists, so the religious crowd wasn't interested in seeing it.

It unfortunately starred Andrew Garfield.

the actor who portrayed Inquisitor Inoue was great

What was with his audio though? His voice kept getting loud and silent throughout his scenes with Garfield, felt like they fucked up while recording him, or like he later overdubbed some of his dialogue.

hmmm i don't remember if i noticed this. however this did happen with Liam Neeson on screen (it's probably just me not understanding his accent)

It was faithkino desu. Though the Inquisitor was a little over the top at times.

Great work though.

It was especially noticeable on that scene where they talked about how Christianity was an ugly-barren woman wanting Japan's interest.