Amazing Shaman animatronic in Na'vi River Journey, Pandora - The World of Avatar, Walt Disney World

>Amazing Shaman animatronic in Na'vi River Journey, Pandora - The World of Avatar, Walt Disney World

youtube.com/watch?v=_p4mn5BstQo

Those Disney animatronics are getting out of hand.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NVrU8H7l864?t=3m3s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hall_of_Presidents#Changes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

if I was an 8 year old on that ride I would probably freak the fuck out if I saw that

Depends. If a kid loves Avatar they'd probably find it awesome.

That's creepy as hell

>kids liking avaturd

Bwahahahahaha!!!

holy shit that is impressive

No one loves Avatar

Highest grossing movie of all time.

You can apply motion cap to animatronics now. I suppose if you never knew this it would be impressive.

goddamn, how much money are they putting into that theme park?

does it have a pussy?

NOPE!

THATS FUCKING HORRIFYING

What the fuck
That's super smooth

BTW has the Trumpbot entered the Hall of Presidents yet?

>Those Disney animatronics are getting out of hand.
Yeah they're fucking great. Have you seen the Frozen ones?

youtu.be/NVrU8H7l864?t=3m3s

eh, saw that in person. It's just a blank face with an animation projected over it.

I'm not easily taken aback by shit anymore because of almost 20 years on the internet, but that shit seems like it would be scary if you were a fucking normal kid.

The movements are impressive but the faces are projected on - it produces a really good effect though

Why don't they use this technology instead of shitty CGI that becomes outdated the day it releases?

>mfw James invested 1bil of Avatar profits into this animatronic thing
>mfw it will create 2bil worth of profit

>soon we will have Jurassic Park with realistic, animatronic dinos

rides like this are the best, i wish there was a themepark dedicated to them.

Name three characters from Avatar. I will wait. They movie only got big because LOL DUDE LOOK AT THOSE GRAPHICS. Its a glorified tech demo.

Jake, Miles, and Grace

>James cameron's love of technology is enough to sell avatar to fans awaiting his first techno-feat since 1997's titanic. but will they understand the awful thing he's done with it? avatar's highly-touted special effects depict an army from earth traveling to pandora, a moon in the alpha centuri-a star system, to mine rare ore from under its inhabitants, tall, blue-skinned creatures with tails called the na'vi. these f/x show cameron's ex-marine hero, jake sully (the great everyman sam worthington), taking part in a quasi-military program where he enters the alien society via a hybrid body (an avatar) made from human and na'vi dna. cameron's "fully immersive" 3-d technology is irritating to watch for nearly three hours. and then there's his underlying purpose: avatar is the corniest movie ever made about the white man's need to lose his identityand assuage racial, political, sexual and historical guilt.

>Only children-including adult children-will see avatar as simply an adventure film; their own love of technology has co-opted their ability to comprehend narrative detail. Cameron offers sci-fi dazzle, yet bungles the good part: the meaning. his undeniably pretty pandora-a phosphorescent maxfield parrish paradise with bird-like lizards, moving plant life and floating mountains-distracts from the inherent contradiction of a reported $300-$500 million hollywood enterprise that casually berates america's industrial complex.

cry more

haven't seen it in so many years

ok...

Jake? Neytiri? ...

fuck

At this rate Disney will just make a real Jurassic Park with real dinosaurs

>alpha centuri-a star system
god damn it Armond, it's a fucking binary star system. We call it Alpha Centauri.

Was this the only time he was ever wrong about anything?

>cameron's superficial b-movie tropes pretend philosophical significance. his story's rampant imperialism and manifest destiny (giovanni ribisi plays the heartless industrialist) recalls vietnam-era revisionist westerns like soldier blue, but it's essentially a sentimental cartoon with a pacifist, naturalist message. avatar condemns mankind's plundering and ruin of a metaphorical planet's ecology and the aboriginals' way of life. cameron fashionably denounces the same economic and military system that make his technological extravaganza possible. it's like condemning nasa-yet joyriding on the mars exploration rover.

>while technically impressive, avatar's basically a daft version of the transformer movies' sci-fi, techno fantasy. michael bay's extraordinary gift for flashy spectacle found perfect expression in the gargantuan slapstick comedy of technology run amok; his teenage characters' rapport with cars and machines showed an ambivalent relationship with the things that expedite human activities yet threaten our peace and our history. avatar, however, invents an alternate world to make the airy-fairy pronouncement: "there's a network of energy that flows through all living things." alien-girl neytiri (zoe saldana) teaches sully how to bond with a tie-dyed, eagle-like creature by docking his wriggly tail into it. "feel her!" neytiri urges, and cameron emulates the boy-plus-car symbiosis of transformers-but with pulsing loins, veins and orifices. better than titanic's kitschy romanticism, it is cameron's most sensual incident since the husband-wife airlift of true lies yet, strangely, this sexualized conquest suggests latent fascism in his style.

No one is saying its not.

Even with Mocap its the ACTUAL fucking machinery and engineering that is so impressive.

And I hate fucking Avatar, but that is probably the best Animontrics ive seen.

The problem with this one is that all its motions have all the same speed

>set in the near future, avatar is a throwback to the hippie naiveté of kevin costner's production rapa nui (directed by kevin reynolds). while prattling about man's threat to environmental harmony, cameron's really into the powie-zowie factor: destructive combat and the deployment of technological force. at first, sully, a "warrior and dreamwalker" like the matrix's neo, is shown as a fierce, sculpted meathead with a wounded look in his wide eyes. cameron lights worthington superbly in tremendous, empathetic close-ups, yet when sully's involvement with the avatar project increases-as hair and beard grow in-his humanity becomes nondescript and he identifies with the na'vi. going native allows cameron to move on to the violent technology he really loves-though never scrutinizing sully's new bond with an angry red dragon or how sully's temperament becomes dangerously enflamed.

>here's the hypocrisy: as sully helps the beleaguered, virtuous aliens fight back and conquer the human invaders, avatar puts forth a simple-minded anti-industrial critique. despite avatar's 12-year gestation, cameron's obviously commenting on the iraq war-though not like his hawkish aliens. appealing to iraq war disenchantment, he evokes 9/11 when the military topples the na'vi's sacred, towering tree of souls. the imagery implies that the world trade center was also an altar (of u.s. capitalism), yet this berserk analogy exposes cameron's contradictory thinking. it triggers the offensive battle scenes where american soldiers get vengefully decimated-scored to the rousing clichés of carmina burana.

>Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT. Good genes, very good genes, OK? Very smart: the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart. You know, if you’re a conservative Republican—if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you’re a conservative Republican, they try—oh, do they do a number. That’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune. You know, I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged. But you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me: it would have been so easy—and it’s not as important as these lives are. Nuclear is so powerful. My uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power—and that was 35 years ago—he would explain the power of what’s going to happen, and he was right. Who would have thought? But when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners— now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three. And even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger: “Fellas,”—and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so you know it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so ... And they, they just killed, they just killed us.
Just imagine having to program the animatronic movements for that

Wow, that's so real looking, it's kind of scary. Really cool though.

>avatar's going-native f/x fantasy infantilizes cameron's technology-infatuated audience; they've never read joseph conrad on colonialism or feel any compunction about balancing politics and fantasy. there's even a busby berkeley-style tribal dance to divert them. also, avatar's techno-exoticism involves blue cartoon creatures, not brown, black, red, yellow real-world people. it's the easiest, dumbest escapism imaginable.

>You wake up to find this thing at the end of your bed
What do?

CGI BTFO

I do, so shut up shitlord.

Avatar is a good movie not for the plot, it's good because of the technologies used on it.

But how does Abatap feel about all of this?

That's how they made the original film

It's going to be fucking great

No matter what, there'll always be a Trumpbot in the Hall of Presidents.
Sitting there next to fucking Lincoln

ask the Imagineers why the fuck they installed this shit in my bedroom.

That's creepy as fuck

You know it will just get shuffled into a dark corner as soon as he's out.

UNCANNY

Will animatronics come back and replace CGI now?

Would be dope if the song was in dubstep with animatronic Skrillex.

They've never done that before

They do a role call of each president and shine a spotlight on them - he's going to be there for the rest of the show's existence unless disney does some weird shit where they cut out the ones they don't like for some reason.

I know he'll be in the ride forever, but he's not going to get a big speech like Obummer or be a major part of the ride when his term ends. They can't get rid of him but they can shuffle him to the wings.

Probably the most redpilling thing on earth if it could happen.

>Cameron has spent all this time prepping the sequels making animatronic Navi

Would be better than CGI, desu.

But Trumpbot will prevail

Who speaks now, by the way?
Does anyone know?

I love you guys.

Clinton and Bush both did speeches so Trump will probably do one for the next 3-7 years, but unless he manages to end up being one of the best presidents ever he'll just do a little wave after his term's over.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hall_of_Presidents#Changes

Opens June 30

alium pocahontas
scarface mcbadass
strong imdependet female scientist
checkmate

Keep fucking absolutely crying your faggot ass off. I don't give a shit about it but the box office says plenty of people do. You will never be able to flim flam the Jam Cam.

m-mommy?

>you will never get a handjob from ayylmaobot

It is certified kino. This is a fact.

that's a funny way to spell "certified ripoff of pocahontas"

nice logical fallacy you got there, kiddo

Can't wait for the horde of idiot liberals who will boo and give the finger to an animatronic Trump.

Imagine installing a fleshlight in that.

lol right. Anitfa will probably keep shutting the ride down by throwing bricks at it.

>tfw no Neytiri version
>tfw you will never have a 9ft avatar sex doll as your own personal property

Not an argument.

S T I C C
T
I
C
C

I mean shit that looks really good but it's obvious they're going overboard with it. She's just moving way too much and it makes it seem unrealistic...or at least more unrealistic than a moving talking robot.

That creeps the living fuck out of me. That is so fucking unnerving, especially when it looks directly at the camera.

But that's how they moved in the movie.

>There is actually an Avatar ride at Disney World now

Wow, they are really going through with this whole "franchise" aren't they? I honestly didn't think they would take it this far.

No not really. That's a lot more excessive.

literally the perfect waifu

>You'll never fuck a na'vi sex bot
JUST

Is it true there were blue nipples in the movie?

>that seductive tail swing

It was rated PG-13 so the only topless scenes were of males, obviously.

That said I do believe the nipples are blue

>reddit doesn't love Avatar
FTFY

Didn't they get a loophole because they were ayys and not humans?

they were more purple than blue.

No, the MPAA is filled with no-fun-allowed faggots who would demand a NC-17 for the slightest hint of azure bush.

You can kill an many white imperialists as you want on screen though, no problems.

I need more purple nurples

the shaman is a dude tho isnt it...

Why is nobody addressing this? This is a very important detail.

On a completely unrelated note do you guys suppose there are any night maintenance jobs going on that ride? Asking for a friend.

>tfw no alien jungle girl who is eager to fulfil my wildest fetishes

They don't
They reproduce through connecting head tentacles

No purble bagina

No, they reproduce exactly like us. them connecting head tentacles just makes it more romantic.

>gauged ears
what did he mean by this?

>you will never blow a fat slimy load in on her alien nose

JUST

Look at Africans
Niggas been doing that for ages

DIDNEY WORL

>getting blown away by a machine with scripted joint movements
It's really not that impressive, user.

Build one then

Jake Sully
Hank(?)
Nayteri
Nosoka
Sambam
Flimflamjimjong

Fucking this so much. That thing looks scarier than anything you would find at the haunted mansion ride.

Only Sup Forums would post a video of the ride where the snowman at the start of the ride is broken down and not moving as an example.