Post the last film you watched, your reaction, and current mood, and get recs for the next film you watch

Post the last film you watched, your reaction, and current mood, and get recs for the next film you watch.

Pic related, I thought it was enthralling and very depressing. I am currently suicidally depressed so i'd like to keep that ball rolling.

Other urls found in this thread:

thelastpsychiatrist.com/2009/05/the_difference_between_an_amat.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

To help you roll senpai

Thinking about watching Amadeus, is it that sad? What do you rate it?

I absolve you, mediocrity.
But seriously this movie is uplifting as hell, if you feel suicidal after watching it you probably weren't paying attention enough or you just too dumb to grasp the deeper meanings.

I'm not into rating things. It's a great movie. the story is told by a character that narrates thier recollections and they keep cutting back to it so if you don't mind that device it's good. I found it personally immensely sad but apparently this other dickhole thinks I'm wrong.

I feel suicidal all the time and you probably aren't smart enough to hate the mediocrity that surrounds you enough to feel the gravity of the tragedy that this film shows. Seriously, how the hell do you find it uplifting?

It's a 10/10. Don't think about it, go watch it.

If you need more convincing, the director also made One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest. And if you haven't seen that either, go watch both.

Too many posts

I was caught off guard by how much I enjoyed Torn Curtain. Overall an 8/10, an underrated Hitchcock imo. Currently I feel like shit desu.

by the end you are supposed to accept that you are a mediocrity as most 99% people are and be OK with that. Mozart was something special, historical and fictional versions so to compare yourself to him is nothing short of folly

Did you watch the directors cut? That's the only version I seen, so idk the differences. Great movie.

yes

you have a disgusting outlook

m8 I am pretty depressed my self. suicidal? what does that even mean? that I have tried suicide? no I haven't done that. That I have SERIOUSLY contemplated suicide? I have done that for a very long time, almost daily. I have weighed the options and at times decided that it might be worth it to end my pain (physical, mental, spiritual) with death and considered that to be rational. I have never done it though obviously
Mostly because my life is not MINE to take.

Think about it long and hard, and you might come to the same conclusion. That conclusion probably came easier to me because I intently study society on the micro and macro levels. It isn't just YOU alone here. And that is another major theme of the movie, I would argue

tell me more. you almost sound like you were gonna say something that's not mediocre things everyone knows or has been told

thelastpsychiatrist.com/2009/05/the_difference_between_an_amat.html

being snide will get you nowhere but I guess you know everything right? avoiding mediocrity won't save you

I was serious though. come on, what did you really say, 'you are not alone,' no shit. 'What does suicidal mean?' come on wtf.

yeah seriously what does suicidal mean?
you said it so that we have an idea that you are "more than depressed" would you describe yourself as "doubly depressed"?

you are alive today
and if you offed yourself tomorrow you would have committed suicide.. that is an act. an act you only get one shot at.. assuming you aren't a mediocrity and you don't fuck that up too.

why are you so depressed user? no gf? bad grades? mommy and daddy issues? are you really going to give me a non mediocre answer? I am all ears

Requiem of a Dream

What a fucking emotional trainwreck. Fucked up movie

The Toxic Avenger (my introduction to Troma cinema)
I feel pretty good tbf. 3.5/5 hella fun flick.

all the acting except murray abraham was godawful

bump