/who/ Doctor Who General - FUCK Drumpf and FUCK white people edition

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/awJdc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Cuffay
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can't wait until the next Doctor Who is Idris Elba.

((You)) need to stop

Hopefully the next episode has an all black cast and white people are slaves. And the Doctor says "they deserve it, for great justice".

Best. Writing. Ever.

archive.is/awJdc

>Moffat even talks about the idea he mentions above — the excuse of “historical accuracy” that some people often give to justify an all-white cast — “[W]e’ve kind of got to tell a lie: we’ll go back into history and there will be black people where, historically, there wouldn’t have been, and we won’t dwell on that. We’ll say, ‘To hell with it, this is the imaginary, better version of the world. By believing in it, we’ll summon it forth.’”

Everyone on /who/ has a touch of tism in some way or another

That picture is six years old, she's passed away since. The other cat I posted is her daughter. Dunno why I like taking pics sonicing their little beepers tho.

Love yer weeping angels shirt btw

I just want to address a historical inaccuracy in that episode that won't trigger both Sup Forums and lefty/pol/.

The bad guy, blue coat, he was an aristocrat and a capitalist. What? Those were two entirely different social circles that had nothing to do with each other. You didn't see the Queen opening factories and you didn't see capitalists wearing crowns. The entire reason industrialisation was so controversial is because it took power away from the nobles and gave it to the petite borgeoise, which caused no end of social unrest in England.

But I suppose if they can't even handle racism and slavery (which didn't exist in mainland Britain in 1814) properly then what hope is there of them handling socioeconomics correctly?

>We’ll say, ‘To hell with it, this is the imaginary, better version of the world. By believing in it, we’ll summon it forth

Taboo did the exact same thing, depicting the docks and wharfs around Wapping as multiracial and y'all were fine with that

>better version of the world
>less white people is better
Please, to the people defending this, why? Why is less white people better? Why do you hate white people?

There is nothing wrong with that statement/goal. Apart from anything else, it lets black character actors actually get work.

You mean Man in the High Castle is still possible?

Squeee!!!!

False premise. It's not "less white people", as there's still plenty of white people, it's just presenting the possibility that some people might not be (which is the actual source of objection to it, under all the "historically inaccurate" lampshading - no one cares about The Aztecs being all white actors).

>there's nothing wrong with wanting less white people
Why not? When we said that about Africa it was evil racist colonialism, why is it okay to say jt about Britain?

Because racial harmony is only possible when whitey is a minority in England. Look at all the racial harmony in Africa and Middle East. We need to import that!

>It's not "less white people",
It is though. Percentage wise it went from the 99% it was in actuality to the 50% it was in the show.

>racism and slavery (which didn't exist in mainland Britain in 1814)
bait

Sorry to hear that. I was devastated when my dog died before the holidays, cried for days. Our cats hate the sonic noise, probably doesn't help that I chase them with it on occasion, we need the exercise though.
That shirt is one of a dozen or so of Belle's. She's always wearing something DW related.

Again, "less white people" is a strawman, it's just presenting an alternative to the usual all-white depiction. Where clearly certain people don't want one to exist

>it's not less white people, it's just more non-white people

Huh, never looked at it that way before.

because the average /who/ fangirls only chance of sex is to be raped by a muslim gang

>It's a period piece episode
>It's a "racism is bad, MMM'KAY?" episode

Just kill this show now.

Slavery didn't exist in mainland Britain, lad, racism of course did. As, contrary to what your professor says, tribalism is genetically ingrained in our evolution.

How many people on /who/ own a sonic screwdriver, would you wager?

>the 99% it was in actuality
Hardly. A majority, definitely, and particularly in upper-class enclaves like Sutcliffe's (hence why he objects to seeing Bill "out of her element"), but dock areas and poorer neighborhoods had all sorts just by nature of being near ships. It's explicitly said in the episode that Bill's seeing more than she expects/would be typical, and there's a reason for it (the Frost Fair mingles all parts of society together).

What are you talking about? This is actual history, London was 99% white, and even that's a conservative estimate, I don't think minorities made up a whole 1%, it was probably more like 0.3% or even lower.

Honestly, this lefty/pol/ victim complex, remember last eeek's emojibot episodes, who complained about the pod people being diverse? No one. Yet when we complain about actual historical inaccuracies you say we always complain, which is objectively false.

>Genesis of the Daleks
>It's a "Nazis are bad, m'kay?" episode
Fuck's sake, Hinchcliffe.

Other than the odd merchant brough bzck for novelty from the East India Comoany it would have been all white.

See, this is why them lying about history is a problem because stupid people and children will actually believe the lies.

Out of the 50 core users? Somewhere between 25-30. TARDIS ownership would be a bit higher id think. I actually have no idea. We've never conducted a poll to my knowledge

>if all others accepted the lie which the Party imposed – if all records told the same tale – then the lie passed into history and became truth. "Who controls the past," ran the Party slogan, "controls the future: who controls the present controls the past." And yet the past, though of its nature alterable, never had been altered. Whatever was true now was true from everlasting to everlasting.

>contrary to what your professor says, tribalism is genetically ingrained in our evolution.
Wow, you are so enlightened and redpilled!

>first season of doctor who
>FIRST proper alien is a "nazis are bad, mmkay??" walking message
This show is cursed

>London was 99% white
No, it was not.

ROGHF?

Slavery was illegal since 1772 by common law - so a slave was freed auto as soon as he set foot on British soil -the technicalities meant that slave ships went on a triangle i.e. Africa America Britain
Indentured servants was another issue to get around that as were debtors
And this was 16 years before the abolition act of 1830 so there was rumblings against slavery form religious groups and also slave freed from the USA during the war of 1812 (see the drawings of black midshipmen during the napoelonic war)
Anyway - most of the non whites were at the fair where it's mostly entertainers whilst the labourers were all white people as were the posh area people

This is the poll we REALLY need

Don't bother, actual facts will just be "nuh uhed" because they don't fit the "BBC pushing an agenda" narrative.

>7th Doctor era
>every other story is a "Nazis are bad, mmkay" episode
No wonder the show was canceled.

Best to wait to ask until midweek or even during the off season. I wouldn't expect the casual viewers owning any.

Yes, it was. Fucking censuses exist, user.

Who even mentioned Nazis? Sutcliffe's main plan doesn't even involve races, never mind being set before the existence of Nazism. It's a "killing people with a sea monster is bad" episode with one scene of "calling people That Creature is bad".

Entertainers and vagrants weren't in the census - and that's who we saw at the fair
The labourers and the posh servants were white
Also just google Hogarth black people

I don't get it either. I'm white, and I wish there were more white people in the world. I love white people.

Censuses at the time didn't account for street urchins.

Poor people, in general, weren't counted for much of anything by the Crown. During Jack the Ripper case it turned out the actual residency of Whitehall was something like three times what they expected.

Right, just for the sake of argument, you're wrong but let's play make belief, if 5% of London was black, which they weren't, even that wouldn't justify the show showing 50% as black.

Agreed. It's amazing how white people cant even come close to the reproduction capabilities of other races.

*Whitechapel

Why does it need to be "justified"? Do you have a similar objection to the karate monks from Tooth and Claw being uniformly white?

>Waaah my kids show about aliens and time travel isn't 100% historically accurate

All this crying about race makes Sup Forums sound just like feminists whining about whitewashing.

This is a show where the moon is an egg ffs.

*Blackchapel

The difference is they didn't specifically say "No, no, no! This is horrifically white! We need to make this imaginary world better! More black!" With that. They did with this. Unironically.

God, if you're so mad at the black people, just write a 10th Doctor fanfic where it turns out Mickey fucked a bunch of hookers who gave birth to tons of black kids in 1800s London.

Oh, they don't actually care about historical accuracy. Don't be fooled by that.

Dr. Who is garbage

K-selection, famm. Nothing inherently wrong with it, but combine it with foreign aid and r-selected immigration, and you've got a bad situation on your hands.

Exactly. No one said anything - white people in roles you might expect by their nature to be non-white is simply accepted. Whereas black people turning up in the Thames docklands is obviously an aberration that needs to be complained about.

Did you even read my post or are you in your own socially righteous world now?

Are you saying your basic argument ISN'T that black people turning up is a problem?

Yeah but weren't the monks actually from Scotland, not China?

That's fucking wrong though. There was even a Black guy involved in leading the Chartist revolts.

My argument isn't that there are black people, it's that the production staff are so offended by the notion of it being majority white than they felt they needed to change that. See

Yes, those historically-accurate orange-robed martial arts masters from Scotland. Clearly the BBC has an agenda to make us think Scottish people invented martial arts, and I need to whinge about this for 3000 words.

The problem is more with the clumsy shoehorning of a social-justice agenda into a light-hearted TV show.

"Whitewashing"

"Punch nazis"

"Homosexuality"

Why? Isn't this a kids show? Why are the writers trying so hard to make a political statement?

Not to mention egregiously calling attention to it in the process.

>There was even a Black guy involved in leading the Chartist revolts.

source?

My basic argument is that this mainstream politically correctness isn't funny or interesting, but instead forced and lame. Like solving police brutality with Pepsi.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Cuffay

The post you've linked just says that there shouldn't be an all-white cast, even if that means sacrificing strict accuracy. Ultimately the issue is, if you make it "accurate" by going fully white, you have to employ all white people for that filming block, which screws over non-white actors/extras for no good reason.

That's the thing, they could have actually made it hard hitting, have it 100% white and have them all look at Bill like scum and treat her how the baddie did, then go back to modern day and say "Yes, it was an unenlightened time"

But instead they made it a BLACKED pozz special and the only people who liked it were middle class neo-liberal hipsters who've never seen a black person in real life.

I don't think you fully understand what you read. "summon it forth" is clearly said in jest. They don't really believe they are remaking the world.

Also, its painfully clear you just don't like seeing black people at all at anytime.

They could just hire black actors and not call attention to it. Nobody really cares.

But as soon as they say "history is whitewashed" to explain it away, it breaks the 4th wall.

Same as if Tilda Swanson plays an asian martial arts expert. It's "who cares" unless there's some clumsy dialogue calling attention it. Then it just looks stupid and forced.

>Also, its painfully clear you just don't like seeing black people at all at anytime.
I would give the benefit of the doubt in saying that maybe historical accuracy just really, really matters to certain people. Barely.

You do realize Doctor Who was originally made to teach kids about history, right?

Except history actually is whitewashed a lot of the time. There was a black Knight of the Round Table called Moriaen who was very carefully kept out of Malory, T.H. White, and all the other texts. Many such cases!

And there's a reason you wrote "was originally" instead of "is", because that's not true anymore and hasn't been for quite a while.

>actually having this saved
Wew

WE

>not saving memes you find on Sup Forums
kek

And here comes the meme response with no idea content. Shall I do the "WUZ" and save you a click?

WAZ

Can anybody, with absolute certainty, say whether or not the abundance of minorities seen in today's episode was historically accurate?

I personally do not have an issue with it, but the argument can be settled if someone can just confirm or refute it. Can anybody do that and provide sources?

Why does fucking EVERYTHING have to involve politics? This is a fucking British sci-fi show and I can't get away from it. Can't fiction just be fiction? Sure it can have allegories to modern times and events but does it really have to be as heavy handed as "Jesus was black" I mean are you serious with this shit. Why does everything have to so overtly push an agenda.

>watching doctor who as a racist
What the fuck? 50% of London wasn't black! This is bullshit!

>watching doctor who as a black person
What the fuck? Whites didn't treat the blacks as equal! This is bullshit!

>watching doctor who as a middle class antiracist who lives in a 100% white community and has never even seen a black person in real life before
Aah, finally, those cis white male racists get what's coming to them. When will they learn London SHOULD be diverse, so it ALWAYS WAS!

That was literally dropped before the first fucking episode you mong

That's my own oc, you moron.

KNIGGHETZ

I'm more perplexed why they did it in an episode that takes place in the pre-globalized past, while broadcasting it so obviously. They could have just done this for an episode that takes place in present day, or the future, and nobody would have thought twice.

t. Nilso

But that doesn't mean throw actually history out the window. It's fun to explore the actual past and learning from our successes and failures, however twisting it to fit an agenda is just wrong

Here's what Tumblr thought.

Daily reminder /who/ is essentially tumblr.

Intriguing how quickly you moved the goalposts after your idiotic statement was pointed out as just that.

>This is a show where the moon is an egg ffs.
Remind us all how well that particular plot point was received.

>There was a black Knight of the Round Table called Moriaen
Nope. One of the Knights of the Round Table had a half-black son, who is featured in one of ten tales in a single 13th century Dutch text about Arthur.

well i'm not watching this shit anymore

if you who faggots ever wonder why the show was canceled in 2018 and never came back: this episode is your answer

AN' SHIT

This. One of the thing I liked about the Human Nature adaption was Martha holding her head up even she was being shat on by the students because she knew that times would change.

Bye
I wont miss you

>Being Tumblr
>by not being offended

U fuckin wot m8?