The cheapest sort of pride is national pride; for if a man is proud of his own nation...

The cheapest sort of pride is national pride; for if a man is proud of his own nation, it argues that he has no qualities of his own of which he can be proud; otherwise he would not have recourse to those which he shares with so many millions of his fellowmen. The man who is endowed with important personal qualities will be only too ready to see clearly in what respects his own nation falls short, since their failings will be constantly before his eyes. But every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; he is ready and glad to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.

Really impress me...

OH SOME G*RMAN PHILOSOPHER SAID SOMETHING
IT MUST BE SO TRUE OMG LIKE LITERALLY
O
MAY
GAD

national identity is a mental illness

this

If you said so, jeorge.

as any kind of anthropocentrism

>or if a man is proud of his own nation, it argues that he has no qualities of his own

The people is my blood and family, it's maybe hard for you bastards who don't have long family lines or so many immigrants to understand.

>flag
Unsurprising

The saddest sort of pride is individual pride; for if a man is proud of himself alone, it argues that he is atomized, and therefore has no pride in the labour of centuries bestowed upon him and to the people he belongs; otherwise he would not have recourse to those which he shares with so many millions of his fellowmen. The man who is endowed with important personal qualities will be only too ready to see clearly in what respects his own nation falls short, since their failings will be constantly before his eyes. But every miserable fool who has no broader family at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the self alone; he is ready and glad to desecrate all collective identities and groups tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own insecurity.

Why are germans acting like that
What makes them the way they are
Just trying to comprehend

taking pride in one's self and your own achievements instead of someone else and his achievements.
know this must be kinda alien to a russian, afterall you can't even invent your own political ideas

I guess after what Hitler has done german pride won't recover any time soon.

oh I'm sorry, could you repeat that? I couldn't hear you over all your proud vodka burps and patriotic wall carpets.
the philosophical quote existed before hitler btw

Well, it might be in your case

why should you take pride in your own achievements?

Nationalism is a beautiful thing as it transcends class, race, religion and culture.

All while preserving your carefully crafted home.

because if you don't you are literally a nobody virgin loser, it's a drone/slave mentality, because they exist, the list of reasons goes on.

What kind of question is this even?

I like this new meme

>muh heritage
Back to .

You only have to be wary of people who do not recognize national identities. Such as imperialists like Napoleon, Stalin, Hitler and the European Union. Who try to destroy the harmonious societies for their imperialistic goals. Which has never worked and always led to violent conflicts.

xDDD upvoted!

And the eternal jew.

(You)
(You)
(You)
You know you could just write one post instead of 3?

You know you could just give me 1 you instead of 9.

I'm very proud of my county but I don't pretend as though ive taken part in any of it's achievements

Sounds like someone without history or wanting to destroy finely working system
t. arab iq 56 mutt

The lower IQ, the higher national pride a country has.

you mean the finely working system that provoked countless of conflicts across the world since the concept of borders was invented?

>concept of borders
>no respect for privacy
>no respect for private property
>german gomunizd

Interesting observation. Maybe you have a nice study conducted on the matter?

Why is it wrong to have national pride? Being proud of your nation does not mean you hate others. If you have a nice house, why can't you say good things about it to your neighbours? Will it detract from them? Be proud of your nation. Work towards making it the best place to live for your countrymen. Serve it with pride and gratitude.

non argument

non argument

not an argument

no argument

actual argument

non argument

not an argument

an actual argument