It's stylistically designed to be that way, and we can't undo that, but we can diminish the effects of it

>It's stylistically designed to be that way, and we can't undo that, but we can diminish the effects of it.

A real misunderstood genius.
Hollywood shills ran a smear campaign against him for years to make him sell his franchise for peanuts, the dullard masses actually fell for the "prequels are bad" meme.
Those who control the media control the facts, and sadly I think the damage Hollywood caused is irreparable.

My only solace is that at least some of you Sup Forums folks are smart enough to see through the media's smoke and mirrors and understand the true value of the prequels.

nah, he just lost his ability to direct, relied too much on CGI and had a very shitty storyline to work with.

You can tell from the behind the scenes footage he's essentially a perfectionist. Those kind of people have a hard time finalizing things and essentially overcomplicate the production process. The coping mechanism is always to eventually give up after reaching a breaking point and you can tell he's more comfortable fiddling around in postproduction than figuring things out on the practical set.

Also he had the extreme fortune of Carrie, Mark and Ford having great chemistry and having fun with their lines. Hayden and Natalie simply don't have that and Kenobi is alright since Ewan is a more laid back actor.

Also people keep forgetting that Star Wars as we know it is basically McQuarrie artworks brought to the screen. For the prequels Lucas just assembled a lot of younger talent to do the design work and imho it didn't work. Design is all over the place and doesn't have that iconic look the OT managed to convey.

>You can tell from the behind the scenes footage he's essentially a perfectionist.

no you can't

>You can tell from the behind the scenes footage he's essentially a perfectionist.
To an extent. He's a big picture guy, and really into the overarching story (and loves the shit out of CGI), but he's not really a people person and not particularly good at actually directing actors.

It's why his stuff works so much better when someone else does the actual directing. I think Disney sort of shot themselves in the foot when they ditched his ideas for an Episode 7, and completely made their own script. He's got good ideas, but needs it to be filtered through someone else.

He's a pretty great "ideas guy" sometimes. But other times his ideas are terrible and he needs someone to slap him and tell him they're shit.

Didn't his wife save ANH in editing? Also the best movie was the one he had the least to do with: Episode V

no. Disney clearly played a 20 year con game, spreading the "prequels are trash" meme so that people would hate them therefore forcing Lucas to give them the rights and creative control.

Was it autism?

Yes, she did. And then won an Oscar for it.

>He's a big picture guy
so was ed wood

probably

No one needed to be told the prequels were trash. It was pretty obvious.

Now that Star Wars is 40 years old and you lot have made me richer than god, I have something to say: "STAR WARS IS FOR 12 YEAR OLDS!!! STAR WARS IS FOR 12 YEAR OLDS!!!! Did you all hear me? 12 Year olds!!! You are all a bunch of worthless mongoloid fucks for liking this childish shit. Grow the fuck up. Thanks for coming and remember to buy the new line of toys on the way out. Goodnight assholes.

Every time I see the shills come out to shit on George, I have to wonder: What does Disney have to gain from demonizing George so much? What do they get out of attempting to ruin this man's legacy?

Then it hits me: They've been doing this for years.

Think about it. All that hatred of George Lucas? All those bad reviews of the prequels? Disney has been behind it all. They've been slowly getting people to hate George and his vision of Star Wars because they want to tarnish his name. They're so jealous of his success that they want the whole world to hate the Star Wars prequels, simply because they're unlike anything Hollywood had ever seen at the time. Think about it: How come, in every video you watch of the premier of Episode 1, everyone comes out praising it and talking about how good it was, yet shills will tell you that everyone "always" hated the prequels? They're trying to force their revisionist history upon us because, deep down, the Mouse knows that it can never release something as genuine and brilliant as the prequels.

What do they hope to accomplish from this? Simple: the destruction of the Star Wars name as a whole.

After decades of hatred from "fans" and paid critics, George finally gave up. He decided to sell Star Wars, because of how much it was ruining his life. And guess who was already waiting at the door, pen and legally-binding contract in hand? Disney, of course. This was their plan all along, see: Disney already controls a good majority of the entertainment industry, so what do they have to gain from buying Star Wars? Well, let me ask you this: Why would they get rid of decades of lore and world-building, just to release a mediocre remake of ANH?

Disney doesn't actually care about releasing a good Star Wars film, they just want it so they can destroy it. A simple case of "If I can't have it, no one can."

They've been playing this game for years, and it looks like they've finally won.

Game over, George. Game over, Star Wars.

you shills are persistent, i'll give you that

this type of shitposting isn't that effective, because it's too far out there to pretend it's shills who shit on the prequels

it's why Jake Lloyd went nuts. All the other actors were industry vets who were easily bought and sold and were playing the game, and Lucas and his allies on the filmmaking side were adults who knew what they were fighting against.

but Jake Lloyd, an innocent, non-cynical child had his psyche utterly shattered by the Big Mouse's insidious conspiracy

The prequels memeing only started a few years ago, around the same time when Disney started getting interested in the franchise.

Based.

Wat

>only started a few years ago
18+ board

>tfw too stupid too like the prequels

by that you mean pretending they were good?

see

there are kids who actually don't remember/weren't around to know what the actually reception of the prequels when they were released.

I was already in college when the prequels came out. I remember exactly how reception was.

Initial love and excitement while watching and shortly after, followed by disappointed reflection. Exited hope for the next one to "fix things". Repeat.

It's revisionism from people who were kids when they saw them pretending that disappointment with the prequels is new.

>redditors are taught to hate the prequels
>shills force the "neglected fanbase" angle, making the Disney takeover of Lucasfilm seem like something positive
It's all so obvious.

I always loved the prequels and the hate felt very artificial.

>a wild Lucas appears

>I was already in college

shill money paid for your tuition, I see

see

all that really mattered to me was how utterly horrid the movies were, to me, in the theater.

>everyone huddled outside the theater, excitedly talking about Obi-Wan/Qui-gon fighting Darth Maul
>Another guy asks "why did the little kid save everyone and blow up the source of the shield generators accidently?"
>everyone gets quiet and you can sense the mood lowering
>quickly talk about how Darth Maul ninja flipped to fight Qui-Gon on Tatooine

This is pure Sup Forums contrarianism at its finest

I'm 28 and I remember it being that almost nobody liked the prequels until Disney bought Star Wars. There were some die hard SW fans who were cautious apologists for Episode III, but they didn't dare talk about Episodes I or II because almost no one agreed with them.

Eh, even non-die hard fans were excited for the individual prequel films while they were JUST out (MTV personalities referring to a scene in AotC as "the little green ping pong ball was AWESOME" and shit like that). It generally took a month or two after each release for people to start being honest with themselves.

There was a lot of hype going into the prequels. People WANTED them to be good so bad.

I'm 28 and I was disappointed/frustrated by the prequels. Always loved Episode 3 though, but a huge part of my initial enjoyment was it not being huge relief/payoff for the misery of the first two.

I will never understand the recent TPM or AotC love. I assumed people younger than me would've just latched on to other franchises.

The cringey "blinded by love" talk between Anakin and Padme was so much worse, because it followed peope's criticism of the "love story" in Attack of the Clones.

Luckily it happened relatively early in the movie, and the rest of the movie was pretty enjoyable.

Give up shills, Sup Forums is a strict prequel truther zone.