/nba/ general - TACO TUESDAY edition

DET: Stanley Johnson starting for Bullock (back)
DAL: Dorian Finney-Smith (knee) will start
SA: LaMarcus Aldridge (knee) will play Tuesday
OKC: Steven Adams out, Johnson gets the start
CHI: Lauri Markkanen (back) ruled out Tuesday
BKN: Dante Cunningham will start Tuesday vs. TOR
CHA: Cody Zeller (knee) out Tuesday vs. Pelicans
MIA: Hassan Whiteside, Wade listed as out vs. SAC
OKC: Steven Adams (hip contusion) a GTD on Tuesday
NYK: Enes Kanter, Thomas will Tuesday vs. Dallas
BKN: Jarrett Allen (foot) ruled out Tuesday
WAS: John Wall goes through 'extensive workout'

Attached: StephCurryTaco.jpg (768x501, 102K)

1st for dinoraptors

Attached: 1511580355829.png (534x629, 129K)

SECOND for LITERALLY WHOM

Attached: smug-hr.jpg (320x321, 25K)

3rd for season sweeeeeeeeeeep

third for clippers of texas

Third for the crafty veteran luis scola

>THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING
that's my impression of your friday, sir!

Attached: 1520645039725.jpg (592x592, 44K)

if michael jordan can sell his soul y cant i :(

where is adams?

Raptors are the sleeper team this year guys

Attached: american culture.jpg (698x1024, 98K)

Sixers get swept the first round.

Cap this

>wanting to end up like Jeffrey BALhead Jordan

Thunder bench is so fucking bad it's pathetic.

van vleet is my hero

Got hurt last night

Nth for the Last Time A Popovich Regime Tanked, San Antonio Won Four Titles Within Ten Years

Attached: 1488689035660.png (1091x920, 729K)

What would Latrell Spreewell think about today's bitchnigga T-Wolves?

My rapties will become the next nba champions!

Believe it!

Attached: 1520972616618.jpg (974x732, 136K)

did yall see that new tripfag?

Who hears this kid yelling in the background of the raps nets game lmao

and that was during the sternball era where you could write off 80% of the titles because they were fixed
probably winning 12 in 10 years this time

potlel powah

>7 minutes to go
>Hawks already in the bonus

based refs XDDD fuck my league!

the tanking game has evolved way past pop

Attached: 1483805775272.png (831x1023, 88K)

he's gonna move out west to play for the fucking jazz or something

Attached: 76578678.jpg (1488x1600, 327K)

>so much love

isn't silver stern's no. 1 protege? makes you think it's no longer fixed now paisano

Attached: 1510306580531.png (623x969, 418K)

Buying a Toronto Raptors t shirt

this poolel dude is nice

silver is a slithering kike that has done nothing but lie and try to fuck everyone over just to gain a few more shekels at every opportunity

If everyone could sell their soul for success a good 70% would.

In theory, the devil would only consult you for such a thing only if you were able to do such a thing by yourself.

So the deal with the devil is in essence just him exploiting you and taking your soul over something you could already do if you had confidence, weren't weak minded.

This is the cruel poetic irony of the Faustian bargain.

BUILD A BRIDGE TO YOUR MIND
TAKES ME THERE EVERY TIME
LAY IT ALL ON THE LINE
IF THERE'S A WAY

BUILD A BRIDGE, MAKE A PATH
OVERLOOK THE AFTERMATH
MAKE MY TEARS BE YOUR BATH
IF THERE'S A WAY

ONLY IF YOU'LL TAKE A RIDE
GO WITH ME TO THE OTHER SIDE

EVEN THOUGH IT'S GONNA CRUMBLE DOWN
I'LL KEEP BUILDIN' TILL YOU COME AROUND
EVEN THOUGH IT'S GONNA FALL APART, BREAK MY HEART
I'LL KEEP BUILDIN' 'TIL I DIE

Attached: Spurs-Big-Three-Wallpaper.jpg (1920x1080, 434K)

That's not the refs, Thunder second unit couldn't defend for shit and intentionally fouled a lot to stop the Hawks run from blowing their 10 point lead before the 2nd unit came on.

Because there's no need to fix it when it's already predetermined because one team has 4 top 10 players on it

pleb tank that any non-casual saw coming soon as fiz got fired. pop's tank is so fucking clandestine stealthy even lifelong homers still can't spot it and are still arguing which side of the franchise's wwe feud they're on.

yes and? no different from any other commish of a multibillion dollar product

Attached: no tank here.jpg (800x800, 132K)

This Thunder bench continuously blowing double digit leads before halftime is the most untalked about story of their year.

I'm watching Dlo instead.

Lakers are building a dynasty. Im thinking of jumping ship as a knicks fan desu.

DLo is better than anyone on the Lakers roster

>So the deal with the devil is in essence just him exploiting you and taking your soul over something you could already do if you had confidence, weren't weak minded.
>This is the cruel poetic irony of the Faustian bargain.
sheeeeit

Attached: 1520364452106.jpg (900x900, 231K)

they had to sit dlo because he get blowing defense coverages...

and how did such a monopoly come to happen and is being allowed by a higher authority to continue? the fix is literally still ongoing

Put the bench back in dammit.

And legalized sports gambling will happen if Silver gets his way. He essentially wants the leagues to oversee betting agencies and take a modest 1% of all bets (well over $100 billion across all sports in the US) to cover fees doing so.

Can't blame you, the last great player you had was Patrick Ewing. Mello could never do more than get a playoff spot and Porzings is already getting too many injuries.

Yeah but a fix due to inaction is far better than a fix of giving the Lakers 45 free throws in 10 game seconds

lmao raptors EXPOSED

>bringing up the Lakers out of nowhere
obsessed

fuck you raptors are America's team

Attached: BLEACHED.webm (1280x720, 2.49M)

>out of nowhere
Russell just had a huge first quarter.
Maybe watch basketball once in a while.

anyone think lebron is gonna tell derozan to kill himself during the playoffs and defrozan will actually do it because hes depressed?

>only quoting part of what I said
maybe trying reading posts once in a while

True. That's why Silver is the evolved protege, his greatest fix was making people believe there isn't one.

porzingis would be mean with a skyhook
hell yes
also, spurs won't even make the playoffs and rockets are gonna win it all cap this

lebron would never do something that cruel. he's a good guy

Attached: knights btfo.webm (626x352, 2.71M)

stern let teams tank since it was good for them silver doesn't because he wants all his shekels immediately. silvers ruining the league with his high school players bullshit nobody wants to watch teenagers in the nba he just wants social media millennial faggots

he's a fucking shit. he just wants a bunch of 32 year olds playing boring basketball so it's more "competitive" and all the exciting young players learning to play in another league that he still gains shekels from

yeah nah if you like snitchy D drop 26 in a quarter on you no way you see the finals.

what do the Lakers have do with Russell? He was traded almost a year ago now

don't get me wrong, I like the kid but it's time to move on, he defintley has

Yeah, it's not like Russell is tied to the Lakers in any way.

Melo is fucking retarded.

Derozan plays no fucking defense. He only likes flopping for fouls but not real contact. And his 3pt shot is still garbage.

Can someone tell me why anyone thinks the Warriors are better than the Rockets? Harden has played 88 playoff games, CP3 has played 77, Steph Curry has only 75 games

>proceeds to get pulled in the 2nd for getting the Raptors back in the game
>he gets benched
>Nets go on a run

dude is nice but he doesn't play defense

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?

WE’RE SUPPOSED TO BE UP BY 20

THIS SEASON IS OVER, WE’RE FINISHED

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: F98B26AF-D3C3-47BB-9D70-BA450CBEB9C3.jpg (709x765, 223K)

>Hawks +10 FTA

lmao

Westbrook has seemed to accept the fact that he doesnt get any foul calls. When he shoots a layup that has obvious contact and the refs dont call it he doesnt even complain anymore

Attached: Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg (715x500, 85K)

Yeah, I'm kinda surprised by what's going on.

>Beat the Cockets + other strong teams
>Losing to the goddamn Nets

Tbh and not even trolling this Lakers team is actually scary af.

Their core is so young and with so many injuries and yet they've been pilling wins after wins in recent weeks and don't rely on the 3 to win games. Lonzo's defence is incredibly underrated but the whole team plays great D when they want.

Melo is so fucking bad lmao

Is John Wall just a poor man's version of prime Derrick Rose

raptors have never not played down to their opponents strength

this is nothing new

wins in the 2nd half of the season are irrelevant and not representative of the teams true power.

Yes. And Rose never hit his prime, he was just 22 when he got MVP.

KAT gonna need some help from the rest of these Wolves

>prime
>Derrick Rose

thibs made sure Rose never reached such a thing

Wall is nothing like Rose except speed.

He's not? He played like 2 seasons there, and single handily stopped free agents from coming because he snitched on Nick Young. If having Kobe on the roster wasn't a big enough turn off, they had a 19 year old snitch to deal with. I'm glad to see him gone, I'm glad to see him succeed, but 2 years is not enough to make him associated with the Lakers. Do you associate Gary Payton or Karl Malone with the Lakers too? Bazemore? Nwaba? No.

I don't think many people are thinking that anymore. GS has the best star players in Curry and Durant but the rest of the roster is quite inferior to HoU actually. Their bench is aging and has no depth and Draymond forgot how to play basketball on offense.

JR smith being permanently benched lmao

>single handily stopped free agents from coming because he snitched on Nick Young

lol, sure

he's not, we had him for two years one of which we spent trying to trade his ass for being a snitch

he was never a fit in la, not a hard worker, very talented but was more talk that walk...

>Tanking team actually tries against OKC: episode 6 gorillion

>The Los Angeles Lakers could miss out on top free agents this summer after D’Angelo Russell’s snitching of teammate Nick Young.

>Russell has been at the centre of controversy in LA after the rookie, for some reason, privately taped his conversation with teammate Nick Young. The video went public and left some of the Lakers roster in disappointment with Russell’s immaturity, forming trust issues within the team, according to Baxter Holmes and Marc Stein of ESPN.

>“Sources told ESPN.com that trust in Russell from some teammates is eroding after a video surfaced in the past week that shows the 20-year-old former Ohio State standout and No. 2 overall pick from the 2015 draft recording a private conversation between Russell and teammate Nick Young in which Young does not appear to realize he’s being taped,” the report disclosed.

>The Lakers are heading into the summer with plans of pursuing top-free agents to bring the franchise back into the title picture. But with Russell’s recent antics, there is a chance that free agents like Kevin Durant and DeMar DeRozan would avoid signing with the Lakers. Moreover, Los Angeles may even lose their own free agents, who would not want to be in the same locker room as Russell.

>“At a recent breakfast meeting, one source said, no Laker would sit with Russell at his table,” ESPN added. “The source added that, in another instance, Russell came into the locker room and sat next to guard Lou Williams, who got up and walked away.”

>There are also rumours floating in the league that the Lakers may consider trading Russell, although it is unlikely that the Purple and Gold would move him over some locker room strain.

>The Lakers’ offseason focus should be in rebuilding and refining their roster, but Russell’s recent antic may have given LA more things to do than pursue top free agents.

I don't see what relevance # of postseason games played really has here. That's mostly an artifact of the fact that Harden and CP3 were on teams that went to the playoffs before 2013, and Curry wasn't. That's a really weird stat to cite as evidence for Houston being better than GSW.

I think the teams are pretty much dead even for what that's worth

BTW the Spurs are winning only 3 more games.

Attached: FUCKING BRUTAL.jpg (748x867, 95K)

CP3 and Harden have more big game experience

Kevin Durant and DeMar were not going to sign with the Lakers regardless of D'Angelo

it's just total Lakers delusional nonsense

Wrong. Marc Stein reported that one big free agent (thought to be DeRozan) didn't want to play with D'Angelo and that's why the DeMar to LA talks never got off the ground.

Magic, Kings, and who? Bucks?

Curry was in 3 finals man, CP3 never even smelled the western conference finals.

Do you think that there's any universe in which DeMar would actually have signed with the Lakers?

hmmm i think i'll trust Stein over you desu, seeing as he has sources and you don't

lol

Houston for the lulz

Attached: damn'.jpg (375x375, 82K)

Yep no point, just tank and get rid of all the old players. It's over.

(((Stein)))

DeMar literally admitted it crossed his mind but he wanted to do the sure thing and build a legacy in Toronto

So you think that Kevin Durant and DeMar DeRozan were considering signing with LA?

I would have said Lakers previously, but given how they got defeated last time.....

Maybe the Clippers?

Its the one where Kobe scores 81 in Toronto to win a chip....for the Rapties