How did this even happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/a36V1qNga_w
youtube.com/watch?v=qD-eOk6LoHs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>straight up bait

come on op, shin is better

Shin is way better

How am I supposed to take the godzilla on the right seriously?

Better movie, but not a better looking godzilla design

Learn to read, retards

Godzilla has no neck just like the rest of the fat Americans

it's true if you're not an autistic weeb

Oh I read perfectly, faggot. And you're still objectively wrong. Consider suicide.

So you're both a retard and an idiot. Great of you to confirm.

Because they let some anime faggot run the latest jap movie.

Should have been obvious the moment it started shooting a hundred lasers out of its back.

Tristar didn't want to pay for the licensing.

>implying that wasn't kaijukino

shin godzilla is more of an homage thananything, it's just classic godzilla face and all

>he didn't like the back lazers

> Legendary Godzilla
> Looks good
Pick one. It's an obese crocodile with elephant feet, a midget head, and oversized glass shards sticking out of its back.

The Japanese fixed him. See pic related.

spotted the nip

because Shin wasn't monster capeshit like the West' Godzilla. they tried to deviate from that.

Topkek is the right one a joke?
Holy shit that looks horrible

Way to choose the worst shin godzilla pic faggot.

Is this the best atomic breath scene in history?
youtu.be/a36V1qNga_w

lmaooo garbage as fuck

I'll take Obese Godzilla over Thunder Thighs Zilla

Shin is meant to look hideous. he's the physical manifestation of the dead irradiated in nuclear energy.

I don't get it. Did they make it look so shitty on purpose?

2014 godzilla reminds me of my pibull.

It's made by a guy who thought he could make art out of anime characters. Of course it's shit

Because Legendary actually studied if a creature like this existed, how would it move? They used a bear for a template, I think if Godzilla did exist - he would look like that, everything is correct.

Shin Godzilla looks terrible, looks like a toy and his frame - standing upright with a long neck, tiny arms, reminds me of when old films use to have T-Rexs' look like that. It honestly looks stupid. I can't believe they went with that design.

youtube.com/watch?v=qD-eOk6LoHs

Is this how big dinosaurs were?

>expecting Gojira to not be out of shape after a 50+ year away from the cameras.

He only managed to get in shape in time for the game, dude, he'll look like a million bucks by the next movie.

Am I doing something wrong if I truly enjoy both of them equally? I could rewatch either of them and thoroughly get just as much satisfaction out of them. Legendary made a great modern Godzilla vs. Kaiju film, and Toho made a great Godzilla vs. Man film. Those are the two iconic stories of Godzilla films and each studio tackled them perfectly.

Because they were staying true to the character. That's the monster's posture. They weren't making some random dinosaur.

>le it's shit because it's supposed to be
nice

>le realism in a science fiction flick meme

> We should make Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny resemble actual animals otherwise they look stupid
kys

>thinks realism is the reason the character design is shit
stop trying, nip shitter

>he thought this was a good argument
are you half nigger?

this user gets it, west godzilla it's a great giant monster stravaganza while shin is more of a deep sea/ otherwordly cosmic horror

Where does west start and east end?
This is what I want to know.

It's a shitty weeb movie with terrible special effects which is the thing that matters in these types of shit movies

man legendary godzilla is terrific but shin godzilla makes me question my mortality

how about you discuss shit instead of being such a 12 year old user? you are allowed to not like either but shitposting only makes you look like a retard

>shinfags in complete denial

THICC

It's the same thing. Fictional characters with upright stances, in contrast to their counterparts irl.

Thank you for actually agreeing with me.
But Shin isn't even an "otherworldly" threat movie. It's the same story line as Gojira. Shin was written to be created after the Fukishima disaster much like the original story had Godzilla created after atomic bombs being dropped on Nagasaki and Hiroshima. Both are created by man and a radio active element.

>shin godzilla makes me question my mortality
>not 12
shiggy diggy

I don't think I can ever sit through the entirety of 2014 Godzilla again, but I do sometimes watch the Godzilla and Muto fights or just Godzilla showing up. those were really good.

Why does contemporary Japanese cinema suck? Korea has been consistently putting out great cinema for the past three decades or so, meanwhile, japan hasn't been relevant since like the 70s.

Where are all the good Japanese directors?

>the West
>the East
Just say USA and Japan you faggot.

>say these words when I already know what you mean so you dont trigger my autism

kys

*blocks your path*

>godzilla
>taking it seriously
People like you are embarrassing

They all go into anime and video game design, the shitty rejects from those disciplines become directors, like the faggot who directed this piece of shit

not as embarrassing as this argument

> taking it seriously
You niggers are claiming to enjoy this film because it pays homage to it as a character

Dont you have godzilla action figures to play with user

> people on this board will defend this

Why does Japanese Godzilla look like a pair of burnt dicks sharing a a burnt scrotum?

lel you sure told me! xD

>Made Godzilla that triggered all the weebs
>Made Star Wars that triggered all the normies

Truly based.

Cry harder

;__;

> Spoke too soon about Godzilla's success and the studio had to walk back on his comment about further teasing and completely shift the tone of the universe
> Got cucked by Disney with Star Wars and likely blacklisted in Hollywood
What was this about being based?

Why did he have people coming out of his tail?
Were they aliens?
Was he actually a mechagodzilla?

>People actually unironically think the adventures of the guy from Kick Ass and his shitty acting is better than Shin Godkino

I can't believe I share a board with such legitimate retards

say what you will but the actor from kickass was fucking amazing in Nocturnal Animals. It makes me wonder what the fuck he was doing in Godzilla. The guys actually talented

>Korea has been consistently putting out great cinema

i love when plebes write shit like this right away so i dont have to spend an extra 5 seconds reading the rest of their post

>>>/reddit/

Aww did I hurt the little babby's feewings? How's that boner for kick ass guy? Dont let it affect your taste in movies

>obviously has underlying homosexual fantasies for the guy

They both have their merits, LegendaryGoji is nice and has a few great scenes but I prefer Shin. His origami evolution, the angles they shot him at, his atomic breath, his keloid-scared hide, his super mouth, his creepy skeleton arms and beady eyes. He's beautifully grotesque.

I like them both, personally. One of the great things about Godzilla is that his appearance has changed so much over the years. I think all of his suits have something to say about his character, and it's fun comparing them.

I mean, we'll have to wait till the next one to come out and find out, but Shin mutated to fit his survival needs, so instinctively he wad mutating and growing human sized creatures to drop in Tokyo. Don't know why exactly though. Maybe to try and act against the blood coagulant, but didn't make it in time.

Too bad the movie was shit

East look like a girl

Looks like a shitty videogame. Anno is the definition of a hack faggot, same as Kojimbo.

Doesn't look cool till 1989

one on the right had too many krabby patties

>Korea has been consistently putting out great cinema for the past three decades or so
Because Japan doesn't even make movies or anime anymore, just look at the credits of any anime out there, all the names are either Park or Joon.

>this one is better because he shoots 50 lasers out of his back and tail

weebs are so delusional

What vidya is this?

But Anno is still relevant in ter!ms of anime.

Looks great.

There's no denying, Shin is a better looking Godzilla.

>But Anno is still relevant in terms of anime
What world do you live in? The rebuilds are terrible.

>imagine being this much of a weeb
kek

Quality aside, they print money.

>having a correct opinion
>OMG UR SUCH A WEEB XD

>>OMG UR SUCH A WEEB XD

>being this upset
lel

>Where are all the good Japanese directors?
In grave.

>Made Star Wars that triggered all the normies
Nigga what? Rogue One was made for normies and adored by normies.

greater respect for the source material

>made an impressive monster movie for $15,000 and kills protagonists in the first shot of the movie
>kicks off a kaiju burger cinematic universe
>makes a critically praised and commercial successful existential star war movie for kids about death
pretty based

>tfw you get a boner from THICCzilla because you've been jerking it hard to THICC for days on end

>replying to everyone in this thread who prefers shin
lmao faggot

Yeah but which is THICCer?

>weeb nigger still upset
kek

Right looks like i'ts made for a 15 year old. Left is just flat out menacing.

Godzilla 2000 has the best design desu