Let's get a classic hollywood thread going

Let's get a classic hollywood thread going.

Discuss favorite films, favorite actors/actresses, hidden gems,waifus

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ktL0vsO-8rQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dean Martin

Grace Kelly in 'Rear Window' and 'To Catch A Thief'

Audrey Hepburn in 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' and 'Charade'

My two favourite classic waifus and some of my favourite movies.

/thread

Jacqueline Bisset is underrated

Just saw this two weeks ago.
Was amazing and so was she. Looks AND acting surprisingly.

John Ford's best movie, right here.

Incredible film. And i agree, bacall is gorgeous in it

Audrey a shit. Katharine is best Hepburn.

How were women so much more elegant back then?

Currently in love with Paulette Goddard

nice picks boyos. nothing quite like classic hollywood women

deborah kerr a cute

Her daughter Aubrey is way sexier though, you gotta admit.

Yes. Unbelievably perfect face for the Chaplin movies.

She's also the better actress.

Other girls may look better in photographs, but the way Katharine held herself was irresistible. I do not think there has ever been a more attractive woman.

Haven't seen this film. Is it about Katherine Hepburn and Cary Grant raising a leopard? That's what I'm gathering from the poster

She was adorable.

Too old for the Chaps though.

I don't care if he was way older than her, they're great in this movie.

It's not really about that, but there is a Leopard named Baby.

Fred Astaire was such a jolly, youthful man, no one could have a problem with him being with an adorable little waifu like Audrey.

It's more about them keeping track of a leopard and a dinosaur bone while she's trying to get into a relationship with him.
It's a really great time.

Sounds interesting. I'll add it to my watch list

Going through my list of classic actresses, she's the most beautiful one so far imo

Ginger Rogers is underrated in every department.

My man.
It helps she was in a fuckton of awesome movies in the 30s-40s.

Anybody see pic related? I like both Hudson and Bacall so it's piqued my interest.Would like some opinions before I watch it though. The only other Sirk I've seen was All That Heaven Allows and I thought it was great

Witness For The Prosecution awakened my love for Marlene Dietrich.

She was a megacutie, amazing dancer, and a better actor than Fred. She needs more attention.

The general consensus seems to be that Imitation of Life is his best.

Yesssss. Marlene Dietrich is stunning. Was completely blown away when I saw her for the first time in Shanghai Express

I enjoy urinating inside of women. Especially when they think i'm cumming

Well its not Hollywood but I just got around to this film and absolutely loved it. Peter Lorre doesn't get enough credit as an actor.

she was fine as shit

Is it strange that I found Bette Davis slightly attractive is certain scenes of this?

Yes, that's very weird. On this subject, I'm 6/8 episodes into Feud. I'm digging it.

I thought so. That's cool though user, I've been meaning to check it out. How are Jessica Lange and Susan Sarandon as Crawford and Davis?

What is the average age in this thread? How did you come to get into classic films?

Also Vivien Leigh is claimed.

They're both really good. Sarandon in particular IS Bette Davis. And I'll admit, I find her a bit attractive. I expect she'll win an Emmy. Although my favorite is Stanley Tucci as Jack Warner.

The only thing I don't like about the show is sometimes they rely too heavily on giving you history through dialogue when it doesn't feel natural. Stuff like Bette Davis saying, "I've won two Oscars, I would have three, but that bitch Anne Baxter split the vote when we did All About Eve." Stuff like that pops up a lot, but if you can get past that, it's pretty good.

Also, in episode six, John Waters has a cameo as William Castle, which seemed super appropriate to me.

I'm 21 in two months.

>How did you come to get into classic films?
I started watching James Rolfe's Monster Madness way back in the day, and got interested in the old horror movies, and branched out from there.

Are you me? I'm 21 and had the same exact experience with Monster Madness

All of us will always owe him everything.

>And I'll admit, I find her a bit attractive.
honestly cant blame you. also john waters as william castle sounds great

Hottest 70 year old woman I've ever seen easily. Sally from Mad Men plays her daughter in a few episodes.

21. I've always liked things from the old eras, the style, the cars, etc. Threads like this inspired me to put together a list of beautiful actresses and watch movies that star them. They're super comfy to watch at night with a cup of tea before bed.

Is 21 the most patrician age?

It would appear so. Would grab a beer and talk about film with you guys/10

I hate when I can't find a movie online, or it's in shitty quality and uploaded in parts on youtube. Dead torrents suck too

Post yfw you found out he was gay

post yfw you found out he's dead

Who gives a shit? This man was my childhood and I will sorely miss him.

>tfw new host of TCM

Ran into this a lot recently. Most notably pic related.

24. My mother would only ever watch old movies and I used to watch them with her. There's nothing quite as comfy as a classic black and white film.

You ought to watch Sylvia Scarlett.

You think it's good? Or just her performance? Never seen and I didn't know Cukor directed it!

youtube.com/watch?v=ktL0vsO-8rQ