Thoughts on Mourinho's (supposed) Seven Winning Principles for big games?

(1) The game is won by the team who commits fewer errors.

(2) Football favours whoever provokes more errors in the opposition.

(3) Away from home, instead of trying to be superior to the opposition, it’s better to encourage their mistakes.

(4) Whoever has the ball is more likely to make a mistake.

(5) Whoever renounces possession reduces the possibility of making a mistake.

(6) Whoever has the ball has fear.

(7) Whoever does not have it is thereby stronger.

Attached: IMG_4200.jpg (684x666, 212K)

A couple are almost illogical, like why would a team the ball have fear

basically:possession is bad just lose the ball lads
it's nonsense

>Pep only ever wants the ball
>makes a better team that wins
>the other team is usually more scared
not a great set a of principles there

because they are cowards like mouyes

I think he believes that you have a greater chance of making a mistake with the ball and that it's better to wait and exploit those mistakes and attack in moments rather than sustained periods.

Yeah but you don't need to attack if you have the ball.

Then why risky attacking (Bayern, Real Madrid) and possession teams (Barcelona) win more titles than bus-parking teams (Atletico, Chelsea)?

(8) Hoof it to Fellaini/Lukaku/Zlatan for knockdowns

Outdated. The principle of sneaking a 0-0 away from home, then forcing a 1-0 or 2-0 at home isn't prevalent anymore.

The top European teams are going away from home and scoring goals. They've realised it's far too risky now to rely on not conceding goals at home.

Football changed, it's not as defensive as it was 10 years ago. Relying on luck is retarded, especially when you spend the money Mourinho does.

>(2) Football favours whoever provokes more errors in the opposition.
Man Utd don't do this. They sit behind the ball and hope the opposition fucks up. There is nobody provoking the opposition to make mistakes.

Worked against Liverpool.

If you have the ball and you're knocking it around the middle of the pitch, you could be pressed to pass quick, it's intercepted and then you concede on the counter

>The game is won by the team who commits fewer errors.

>plays sanchez and Pogba

Attached: 1498754387659.jpg (1024x585, 23K)

I can see the point in great counter attacking coupled with great defending but most of those axioms are just nonsensical and their retardedness self-evident. There's a reason the strongest team tends to have more posession. What a defeatist set of principles.

I don't think he cares about his attackers losing possession. That wouldn't be a mistake for him. A defender misplacing a pass or getting caught out of position is an error in his eyes.

You could summarize all of that into
1) don't play football, park the bus

>whoever doesn't have the ball, wins
Sounds Canadian

Attached: the-wisdom-of-chairman-trudeau.png (500x303, 85K)

They are sound principles, but sometimes you just had to take the reins and make things happen.

Had we taken the initiative in the first leg and scored away goals, this shit wouldn't have happened. We as a club shouldn't be afraid of risks, we are United, not Stoke ffs

>we

No wonder the English love him so much and now I see why he likes big strong players with no technique
That shit doesn't work versus very skilled and technical manlets who will run you off the park
Bus parking coward

Well that only works if there is fear of a mistake. If a team has confidence in playing a ball and knows what to do with it then that logic crumbles, kinda like Mou's teams since Inter

This. Mou hasn't adapted with the times which is sad because he is hilarious

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA you are somehow worse than dutch man city and Slovenian ABU. why don't you disappear again

I like Mourinho. It's a shame he's become jaded and outdated.

this applies pretty much to my sentimental life desu, I have never been dumped by a girl because I never had a girlfriend

truly the man is a genius

3 days ago: Mourinho tactical genius.
Today: Mourinho outdated, failure.

When did football fans become so short sighted where the coach is as good as his last game? If he beats City he is a genius again?

Anyway, it is viable to have a tactic like this and in some ways it is working considering they are 2nd in the league.

I think the problems in their team are:

- Mourinho tries to have a midfield of Pogba and Matic (last game it was Fellaini). Matic is a good DM, even great, but he can't do all the defensive work by himself. Mourinho does this so that he can have one more attacker (Lingard or Mata), but in the end it weakens the team defensively and even offensively. Frankly, he should have played that tall Scottish guy.

- For that to work, he would need a good counter attack. His team is not good at counter attacks. Their off ball movement is not very good, other than Lingard. He should have tried to sign Vardy and someone who is good at long passes.

- They can't cross. Their only good crosser is their number 9 (Lukaku was a great signing, IMO). If you want to play the defend and score goals by crossing game, you need good crossers that are not your number 9.

>If he beats city

Makes zero difference since they are still going to win the league comfortably

Kek

Oh look, here come the Portugues retarded offspring the hues

Did anyone even notice the two goals United scored against Liverpool? They were fucking hoofball goals from The Heya. Liverpool has a mental block against United. Mou is 10 years behind the times, players don't respond to his way of thinking anymore because they're all pussies. He won't adapted because MUH PRIDE. he needs to go to a national team. US would probably be about right as they would actually respond to his attitude.

Makes zero difference. But he will be called a genius if that happens. To become the retard who can't beat WBA while spending hundreds of millions if he loses his next game.

We qualified to the World Cup, at least. And what do you disagree with?

was moues always a fraud or did he just become a fraud?

and is united basically just a cosy club for almost world class players to half ass it for huge paychecks?

They are 2nd in the league, so he is not outdated, and his squad seems to like him. He had problems with Hazard, but I think every long term manager will have problems with Hazard.

I think the problems in this squad are not that hard to fix.

3 days ago he was a genius. Now he is a fraud.

Before Spurs conceded the 2 goals against Juventus, they were an amazing team wgo defeated Madrid easily and was kicking away Juve. After those two goals, they were bottlers, and itnwas obvious they would not qualify, since they don't have a tradition.

Clearly a man who is terrified of failure.
He seems more obsessed with not losing than with winning.
1+2: in most cases, yeah. I'll buy those.
3: if you are more concerned with not losing than winning, sure. But as per #2, doesn't encouraging mistakes make you superior?
4+5: can't make a mistake if you are not doing anything.
6+7: nonsense.

2nd in the league in a league dominated by money. For all the whining on how much City have spent, United have spent more, on thrashier players.

lel nobody thought he was a genuis for beating liverpool who played like dogshit and probably still should have drawn

Welcome to sports

Away goals are GOAT. Exposing shitty managers.

City spent more and they had a better team. And other than Spurs and Arsenal, the others also spend heavily.

Plenty of people were calling him a tactical genius.

No they're not, they're protecting them. Sudaca way is superior
Compare spending over a decade instead of a season. United have created a gulf between them and the rest of the league by spending until City showed up

only brainlets, his tactics were literally to park up and hoof balls at liverpools 10 year old rightback, then park up

yeah great masterplan, problem is when you need to actually attack (like a european away) your players have no clue how to do it

I think that a few years ago, people were more rational.

Nowadays, other than the UCL Champion, seems like for people, every team is shit. Including Juventus last year. Or PSG for not beating the current champions, since not beating Madrid means they are in a huge crisis and have to fire their coach.

He used to be legitimately great but he's refused to adapt. His coaching team today is basically the same as it was 14 years ago. Alex Ferguson's greatest strength was adaption and ability to move with the times. He freshened up his coaching team every few years, imparting new ideas and keeping up to date with each iteration of modern football. Mourinho's coaches aren't even football coaches (literally). They're fitness coaches. Rui Faria was a PE teacher before working with Mou.

>He seems more obsessed with not losing than with winning.

I think he sees it as his job to make the team not lose, and the responsibility of the players to win the game.

I didn't know Mourinho has coached United for a decade. And I think City probably had to spend more this decade, since they had to build a team out of thin air.

Or pretty much all of Sup Forums talking about how he is a tactical genius and "Flopp" can't deal with his tactics.

sp just bandwagons shit to troll

really people know hes a massive fraud

He wasnt at United for a decade but decades of spending left, or should have left him with a more better players in the squad. And United have spent on par with City

And today, it is not a bandwagon?

If he is a fraud, are Klopp and Conte frauds too?

Did he really inherit a super team, in your opinion? They finished 5th before he got them.

no because they have near 0 net spend

moues has spent fuck loads

You wish more teams were playing like Lestah in 2015-16.
>have less possession than their opponents
>BTFO them

He probably means individual players, not the team. Which makes sense. All of this honestly makes, but there is more than one way of finding a solution. It's not even an exhaustive model of the game and clearly favours his playstyle.

No, he inherited a bunch of League One-rs

Chelsea doesn't have near zero net spend. And they have the loan army and Marina, who is great at selling unwanted players.

It’s a well known fact mou surrounds himself with sycophants and yes men

>City spent more and they had a better team

This, fucking this. Swap pep and jose's jobs and it's jose who would be 16-20 points on top. Jose has done incredibly well given the limitations of our squad. We have ex-wingers as FBs ffs.

I'm sure Jose will rectify this and go all out in the market to fix our shortcomings. Cull the passengers in our team

League positions before he joined: 5th, 4th, 7th.

Dude, even Moyes managed to go further than him in the CL

>Swap pep and jose's jobs and it's jose who would be 16-20 points on top
lmao at this delusion

if you swap their jobs mouyes would try to park the bus with de bruyne, bernardo, sane and sterling and lose because he's a loser

Pep has done a better job. But that doesn't mean Mourinho did a poor job. He is 2nd in the league.
Frankly, none of the top 6 coaches did a bad job.

Klopp and Poch are doing remarkable jobs, given where they are.
Conte is having trouble with Chelsea's locker room this year, but he won the league last year.
Pep is building one of the best teams in Europe.

So what?

Do you judge a coache's job over a couple of games?

thats like saying wonga is doing an amazing job because hes better than the 14 sides below him

except he isnt because he isnt enough ahead of those sides to justify the amount his team costs

you have to weight managers against wages/transfer spend otherwise, league position is actually meaningless if you examine it in isolation

LMAO at the guy who thinks winning league titles with Barcelona, Bayern and Manchester City (in 2018) makes you a great coach.

You seem to do. If you want to say that being 2nd (at the moment), 18 points behind CIty is a success, then be my guest. The gulf between Top 4 and the rest of the league is laughable and is growing more pronounced. Mourinho can only hope for an odd Europa League here and there

Wenger is underrated and whoever gets to replace him will face a lot of problems.

Manchester United is second in the league with a 4 point lead over the second place.

>these two and their mouyes dickriding delusion
If city's players played that park the bus shitball they'd be getting blasted
Also stop pretending city are some some super team full of world class talent
And stop pretending like mouyes would've signed the players pep has, instead he signs trash
>pretending mouyes would even dare play a three manlet midfield
>can't use martial properly
LMAO deluded cunts

Because their teammates are Pogba, Sanchez and Bailly who you wouldn't trust to not fuck up

I was over the moon when we got rid of Van Gaal and it looked like he was coming in.

Just like how I was over the moon when we got rid of Moyes and it looked like Van Gaal was coming in.

Mourinho has done an okay job for us, but given the talent at his disposal, it's not been enough. Finishing 6th in the league in his first season, with a squad that had Zlatan, Pogba, Martial, Rashford, Mata, Mkhitaryan, Bailly and Herrera was odd.

We need a manager that goes for it in games. We don't have that under Jose, we didn't under Van Gaal, we didn't under Moyes and, let's be honest, we didn't in Fergie's later years. Jardim would be perfect for United. Imagine if he did with Rashford and Martial what he did with Mbappe (apart from selling them.)

>talk about mouyes
>bring up other random clubs
wtf are you talking about?

do you really think mouyes would play different with the city squad? he also parked the bus and played long balls with halal at home against shit teams like albacete, it's all he does

They have been 2nd in the league for pretty much most of the season. And I can't remember then falling lower than 3rd.

Also, it is hard to predict how teams will do in a year. Last year's City were not amazing. This year they are. Chelsea looked like a great team who would dominate the league for a long time.

The problem with United is that they have absolutely no gameplan. They haven't had one since Ferguson. They just throw money at whoever is available and hope the pieces come together on their own. Van Gaal was the only one that tried to form a plan by copying his Netherlands team but only did that after the transfer period was over and players had been acquired with no strategy so it obviously failed. Mouyes just gets whoever is there. The fact that he's played Pogba in multiple positions with no success, the fact that he has switched Mata, Lingard and Sanchez from the wing to the #10 position and back a few times without figuring the best combination, the fact that once the game goes wrong he justs gets Fellaini in as a hoofball target, the fact that he still hasn't settled on who are his preferred CB partnership all prove that he has no idea what he's doing. With the funds United have, it's amazing to think what a coach with an actual gameplan could have done.

I gave you prediction about Mourinho, and his trophy winning prospects, and it's not that hard to do, just follow his track record

I honestly don't know who I'd go for in the summer if Jose is to leave. The club needs an experienced (but not ancient) attacking coach with experience of winning.

City will be called a great team if they win and a shit team if they lose, no matter how they play.

Among all super talented players, Martial is the least Pep player there is.

Sure buddy.

>In 2011/12 Real Madrid won a record 32nd La Liga title and finished the season with a number of records including 100 points in a single season, a record 121 goals scored and goal difference of +89, and a record 16 away wins and 32 overall wins.

Part of it is that we throw money at players we don't really need, like Sanchez, Lukaku and Di Maria.

Also while Zlatan was good for us, and he came on a free, we didn't really need him. By now Martial should be our first choice number 9, and brining in Zlatan then Lukaku has stunted his development as an actual striker. I think that if he was first choice for the past two seasons he would be world class by now. Instead he keeps getting shunted out wide to accommodate players we don't need.

He doesn't have a track record of winning titles?

It this legit? Sounds like the roadmap of an absolute coward.

The biggest problem here is that Mou doesn’t have United DNA, Bayern sacked Ancelotti because they couldn’t stand his bus parking, Mourinho should manage a team with his spirit, if he had gone to Juve he would have won a CL already I think.

Lukaku was a good buy and Martial is better on the left than as a number 9. He wouldn't be a good number 9, given his characteristics.

We didn't seem to have a concrete plan to base our transfer activity on. LVG = possession tippy tappy game -> Jose = pragmatic counter attack. I think if we had a DoF instead of the manager micromanaging things, we'd have the right players irrespective of the manager in charge

Not anymore

Hahhahahaahhaha HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Attached: 7738882899299.jpg (258x245, 12K)

Last year he has won more titles than Liverpool has won in the last 10 years. And he has won the league in 2015.

>experienced
Has managed in the Serie A, the Premier League and also a top NT.
>not ancient
Is only 48.
>attacking
Has had success playing 4-2-4 in 2 teams.
>experience of winning
Won the Serie A and the Premier League.

Just get Conte, he seems set to leave anyway.

>Martial
It's criminal what his career has come to compared to what it could have been. Also, refer to this

Which is wrong, because whether they win titles or not I don't see how a neutral who isn't a casual will deny they're playing some of the best and most attractive football in some time
It's due to Pep as well
In that same token surely you can admit that playing that mind numbing park the bus football and winning is a cancer to the sport
Be honest, winning matters but how you win matters unless you're a fan and don't care how you do it
Mouyes can do better, he just doesn't want to go away from that disgusting brand of football because of his ego.
Also Lukaku wasn;t a great signing and what they're paying Sanchez is criminal. I also knew Pogdab was a mistake because he was coddled by Vidal, Marchisio and Pirlo
Honestly apart from Matic his time at United has been poor with signings

the community shield, carabao cup are meaningless
only when united win them are they something worthy of mention, finishing sixth is unexcusable
and europa is a trophy for small clubs, absolutely nothing to be proud of, you know it's true. winning those irrelevant trophies and placing top 4 then okay sure not bad

>Martial is better on the left than as a number 9

Maybe our best performance of the season was away at Everton when Lukaku was injured and Martial was up top. He was awesome in that game.

Rashford is better on the left than as a 9 though.

I think last season Mouyes figured that it would be easier for him to win the Europa League than to finish in top 4.

If City loses they will be called a shit team.
Spurs are "bottlers", PSG are a shitty team, etc.

Lukaku is a pretty good player. He is strong, finishes well, creates goal scoring chances.

Looking at his signings (via transfermarkt):

Ibra: was a good signing, but got injured
Mkhytarian: bad signing but allowed them to get Sanchez
Bailly: good signing
Pogba: irregular player, too expensive, but has a good potential

Lindelof: average signing
Matic: good signing
Lukaku: good signing
Sanchez: too early to tell

The Europa League gives an UCL spot and is a nice trophy to have. And some teams do not even win that much.

Liverpool's only trophy the last 10 years is the EL/Carabao. The same for Spurs. Wenger for all his troubles at least wins the FA Cup.

>europa is a trophy for small clubs

It is a EUROPEAN trophy. Nobody can take that away. I'm pretty sure Arsenal and Citeh will exchange their last 3 years just to win a european trophy.

Mou didn't park the bus, if he wanted to Fellaini wouldn't have been forward so much.
It was just more of the hoofball shit that won against Liverpool.
He should have realized Sevilla know how to defend long balls.

Martial's positioning is not very good to be a number 9. His best position is on the wings, due to his dribbling abilities which are among the best.

They should have came third in the group to defend the glorious Europa title.

Attached: 1519159836393.jpg (500x436, 50K)

Yes you're right they'll be called shit. No idea why you're defending mou's tactics so much. They're abhorrent, painful to watch. You can be defensively sound without being that dull, no excuse with a rich club either

It's United, arsenal and spurs etc would be happy to have any trophy. Still a cup for small clubs which united are not
There's a reason why United never won europa, they never cared about small irrelevant cups but the plastic flip pacific islander wouldnt understand as he's probably a teen

Portugal is also european and that doesn't make them good or worth.

I dislike the idea of "only playing attacking football is right". Defensive football is fine too. Juventus plays defensive football and does well. So does Atletico. So does the team I support in Brazil, which has won 2 of the last 3 Brazilian Championships playing defensive football, while overhyped more expensive teams don't.

The Europa League became very attractive due to the UCL spot. And it is a little bit better than the FA Cup or the Copa del Rey.

Like I said, you can be defensively sound and not be a disgrace just parking the bus and hoofing it
It's inexcusable for such a rich club to play that way, look how Chelsea played against City. What a disgrace