Unpopular/Uncommon Opinions

Unpopular/Uncommon Opinions

I like Hot Fuzz the least of the Cornetto Trilogy and prefer Shaun of the Dead and The World's End more.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12863670
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Me too. Hot Fuzz is normiecore.

I can see someone preferring SotD over Hot Fuzz, but The World's End, really? It had such a weird, convoluted premise.

I think you'll find Shaun of the Dead is normiecore - especially given how often it's played on ITV.
The World's End is a plebfilter though.

>It had such a weird, convoluted premise.
Didn't find it weird or convoluted

Shaun of the Dead > Hot Fuzz >>>>>>>>>>>>> World's End

I don't know, I liked World's End

Wtf this is an uncommon opinion?

Bunch of people claim Hot Fuzz is the best of the trilogy. I disagree

>how often it's play on ITV

Hot Fuzz is shown way more dude what

TWE>HF>SoTD

I love The World's End, Shaun of the Dead is okay

Hot Fuzz >SotD

Haven't seen the world's end. I heard is bland compared to the other ones.

Shaun is a really solid movie tho.

Feel like there's not a lot of unpopular/uncommon opinions going on here and just talking about the Cornetto Trilogy

Goldmember is the best Austin Powers

Haven't watched them in forever, but I can see it. I'd say mine would be a toss up between 2 or 3.

This is the patrician opinion.

Unless things have changed in the last year, not from what I've noticed. SotD and The Shawshank Redemption are /itvcore/

Farmers mums?

how is it a trilogy when paul exists?

Has to contain the trio of Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg, and Nick Frost.

Paul was so bad, please fucking die.

Shaun > Fuzz >>>>>>>> Worlds End

Why do you disagree?

Hot Fuzz was so much better than the 2 other that I prefer not to think of it as a trilogy.

I agree OP.

SotD>TWE>HF

Fuzz > Shaun >>> End

Just felt like it was the weakest among the three

I liked Shaun of the Dead the most, but the other two were fucking great as well.

GR>Ulysses>>>>>>>>>>>>>>No discernable talent

they all haven't aged that well.

strawpoll.me/12863670

Other than maybe Shaun, I wouldn't say they've aged at all

I like The World's End the best. But I'm a manchild alcoholic who has lost all his friends, so you know.

>literally no reasons

this

Shaun of the Dead is the only one that's aged, so that's a little broad of a statement.

Unpopular opinion: I don't find any of them particularly funny

Understandable. Some things aren't for everybody

Hot Fuzz is great until its third act in which it just becomes an action movie. Kinda boring desu despite all the callbacks to earlier jokers.

Unpopular opinion, but yeah World's End is my favourite of the trilogy.

I just liked them all. Though if you've seen one of them you've seen all of them.

How would you say that it's aged? It's been a while since I've seen it.

I mean the comedy is probably mostly about relatable situations, anyone who lives in the UK or in a village will find most of it pretty funny, and it's close to stuff like Midsomer murders with its horrific conspiracies and murders in a twee country setting.

>I like Hot Fuzz the least of the Cornetto Trilogy and prefer Shaun of the Dead and The World's End more.

Same.

I can't put my finger on it exactly. But watch it for yourself again, and you'll see what I'm saying.

The feel of it feels dated? Like it has the air of the year it was made in?

Pretty much. It gives a very early 2000's feeling when you watch it. It certainly hasn't aged poorly, but you can tell that it wasn't made recently.

I have yet to watch WE a second time.

Is that the same ulysess that homer worte?

Hot Fuzz is the only good film in the 'Cornetto Trilogy'

If you read the cover, no

Yea but Shakespeare was a hack, no?

That's not unpopular that's a fact

I like the prequel trilogy though acknowledge there is bad things. It's become an obnoxious meme that they're the worst movies ever. They're really not that terrible.

Try watching it again. It's one of those movies that's a lot better the second time. You catch all of the foreshadowing that all just felt like pointless filler the first time.

The Pacific is better than Band of Brothers.

Oh come on now that is just silly

Hot Fuzz is my least favorite. Shaun is my favorite with World's End in the middle.

Shaun of the Dead is a perfect movie.

I don't think a big budget Hollywood war flick has ever had a better looking battlefield than episodes of The Pacific.

>Hot Fuzz is my least favorite. Shaun is my favorite with World's End in the middle.
Same

>Hot Fuzz is great until its third act in which it just becomes an action movie.
World's End has the weakest third act in the trilogy, for sure. At least HF has some catharsis in its final sequence. WE is a poorly written diatribe.

Paul is not an Edgar Wright movie and it shows by being so fucking bad not even Jason Bateman being in it can save it.

It was definitely contrived. The story never flowed logically and had to be forced. I'm not going to list the problems because I'm on my phone, but it's my least favorite of the trilogy.

This. AWE is still an above average comedy tho.

>It was definitely contrived.
It really wasn't. It's simply the story of a man unable to move on from what he thinks were the best years of his life, and dragging his friends into trying to relive them.

>AWE
TWE

this. if they weren't set in britbongtstan they would be completely forgettable

I watched World's End without really knowing anything about it and almost jumped out my seat when the guy's head hit the toilet and came off.

Anyway, you have to be at least 30 to appreciate TWE. I think it's second after Hot Fuzz.