Bryan Fuller returns to Sup Forums tonight

Bryan Fuller returns to Sup Forums tonight.

The press screenings have all been glowing, prepare yourself for weekly comfy threads.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3awG5wEE7LU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I HAVEN'T FINISHED THE BOOK.

>tfw I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish it on time because of school and work

I'M NOT READY

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

there's nothing comfy about degeneracy and cultural marxism

bryan fuller is too popular now. i don't care for him.

>bryan fuller is too popular now.

Not really?

>Bryan Fuller
>Ian McShane
>Gillian Anderson
>Crispin Glover
>Cloris Leachman
>Peter Stormare
>Kristin Chenoweth
>Emily Browning

It's already up on Starz ondemand.

It's been like fifteen years since I read the book, but I remember it kinda sucking.

I love that list so it'll surely be a disaster.

This guy Michael Green is co-writing and co-creating with Fuller.

He also wrote Logan and Alien: Covenant and Blade Runner 2049. I loved Logan despite usually hating capeshit and have very high hopes for this show and those two future movies. If he delivers on all four this guy will be king.

youtube.com/watch?v=3awG5wEE7LU

that was a pretty good book.

I thought this guy was nikolaj coster wearing a wig and making a weird face. Am I stupid

not stupid, just faceblind.

Kek

>shadow moon
what kind of name is that

It is like "taserface". Was Gaiman thought it was cool or does it have a meaning or something

Define in detail cultural marxism

This series only covers a few chapters anyway apparently

>shadow moon
>what kind of name is that

a fucking awesome name

Are you familiar with native american or even tribal naming schemes on a whole?

Can I have a quick gestalt on what this show is about?
Starz did Spartacus so it might be good

Daily reminder that Neil Gaiman and his wife Amanda Palmer were both born into elite Scientology families and they both deny being Scientologists despite donating six-figure sums yearly to Scientology front groups

>The series focuses on Shadow Moon, a man serving three years in prison. With only days remaining in his sentence, Shadow is given an unexpected early release after his beloved wife Laura is killed. Shadow finds himself next to a man named Wednesday, who offers Shadow a job. Wednesday appears to be nothing but a con artist who needs Shadow as a bodyguard, but is in fact the god Odin. Wednesday is making his way across America, gathering all the old gods, who have now incorporated themselves into American life, to confront the New Gods, including Media and Technology, who grow stronger.

what kind of dog is that

It is about new gods (personification of technology, media, etc) getting stronger and olds gods (all mythologies) getting weaker as people losing their faith in gods. old gods starts a war and main character (Shadow Moon) gets hired as a guard for one of the old gods for reasons unknown.

Oh shit, I didn't know it started tonight. I never read the book, but I did like Hannibal, so I'm interested to see what Fuller is doing.

He wrote Sandman though

SANDMAN

>literally unfilmable

I am so sad.

So, Zeus gets in a fight with Fox News and the main character is a human who bodyguards a God?

Not zeus, odin. but yeah.

I love everything about this apart from it being an American Gods dapshun.

Why does Fuller make niche tv when he has a better visuals and stronger characters and stories than 99% of Hollywood filmmakers?

Best adventure of Shadow was when he's in Europe hired as a bouncer for a bunch of incestuous family that kept trolling Grendel. I think Sup Forums would identify well with his partner who prefers little girls.

Too bad it isn't part of American Gods.

Do you want spoilers?

Why do you post on Sup Forums when you're really awesome too

From the trailers at least the first fourth.

You want spoilers for later parts of the story because just to give a little hint Thursday was his brothers day.

>his beloved wife Laura is killed
In the book she died while sucking Shadow's bestfriend's cock. Did they change this? Is there going to be a mystery tied to her death now?

Because he is so good he can pick his projects,at least,I hope this is the case.

SHOULD I READ THE BOOK FIRST?

IT'S ON MY BACKLOG

Its too late now,read it after.

>In the book she died while sucking Shadow's bestfriend's cock.

Pls explain.

Did they reveal that right away in the book, I remeber it later on in the book.

She was blowin him right before he gets into a car accident.

Dane Cook plays the buddy.

sleep tight catter

Don't worry, Brian Fuller's producing it.

Any cuck shenanigans to look forward too? I mean avoid, asking for a friend.

Literally just realized why Odin is called Wednesday. Wednesday = Woden's day, Woden = Old English version of Odin. I am so smart.
Something something Thor

So what's with all the dislikes on the trailers? Does it not look like a good adaption or something? Having no knowledge of the book, I'm really interested in the show.

when is it released?
and I should expect a torrent

> I remeber it later on in the book.
Book is wordy as fuck but relative to everything, it was pretty early in the book. I think right after Shadow gets the coin.

I'm sorry for spoilering that btw.

>Zeus
no
>Fox
kinda
>human
lmao

Gaimen is wordy as fuck.

What are the hopes for later season going past the book? There is a short story were he fights Grendel, Shadows journeys after the books are intense since he seems to get drawn into magical shit everywhere he goes.

I love American Gods, it's my comfiest book of all time. It's what I go to whenever I don't have anything to read for a trip or a vacation to some sleepy rural area.

I'm afraid it'll be terrible like Preacher. Does it look good? I'm scared Sup Forums

Not sure. Isn't Gaiman consulting for this and isn't he writing the sequel to American Gods already?

>Ian McShane is motherfucking Wednesday
Okay Starz you have my attention.

hurr durr

Will it be good if I'm not American?

Hey I didnt even know they were making this so excuse me for being a little excited.

Most of the cast is not even american so yes

Is there going to be a quickshot of Jesus in the middle east?

I just know Sup Forums will love this show

how long before it gets cancelled like every Fuller show?

hurr durr do dee do la low lay

Shadow is his most compelling character, and so far he has made a interesting guy who keeps stumbling into situation he just wants nothing to do with.

The overall point is the fact that America is a country full of gods that never belonged in the first place and they are fighting for the survival for their very existence. If they have the balls there is a scene where a typical vegan/wiccan bitch says she prays to Easter and Ēostre tears into her.

Haha it's literally the opposite user. The guy goes where there are execs who will let him be him. The guy gave up his dream job at creating a new Star Trek because CBS execs wouldn't let him be him.

>Ēostre tears into her
If they have the balls, they'd shoot the goddess fucking a guy to death and devouring him with her vagina.

Upham was cast as Jesus so I'd say so

He was going to be in the book but Gaimen said he wouldn't fit. But then again who knows how he feels now.

She cucks him then brings him back to life so she wouldn't be bothered by him in the next life while she fucks Dane Cook.

I wonder if Anansi boys will be brought up at all. John Boyega for Fat Charle, Young Denzel would have been a great Spider.

Yes. But they wont.

He's not allowed to be himself because himself can't get ratings.

That's why "him being him" in this decade means adapting other writer's projects rather than creating his own original material. Even then, he can't get ratings.

American Gods will get no ratings and will be canceled, mark this post. Bryan Fuller can't do anything right.

Why are the ancient Egyptian gods played by black as night actors? there was one dynasty that was black and it was a much later one. They should have hired brown Semitic people for the Egyptian roles.

Considering none of the gods besides the tech gods are actually American yes you will.

>can't get ratings

It's really not that simple m8. Ratings are tied into so much shit that has nothing to do with the show including advertising and scheduling. Considering the way people consume television has changed completely in the last few years looking at cable ratings as proof of anything is a joke.

Listen to the creator of one of the most successful television shows on the last decade:

>“Television has changed a lot in six years (since “Bad” premiered),” Gilligan said to reporters after the series, which concludes its run Sept. 29, won its first drama Emmy. “I’m no expert on the sociological elements of it, but I’ve got to think a big part of what has changed is streaming video on demand, particularly with operations like Netflix, iTunes and Amazon Prime.

>“I think Netflix kept us on the air. Not only are we standing up here (with the Emmy), I don’t think our show would have even lasted beyond season two. … It’s a new era in television, and we’ve been very fortunate to reap the benefits.”

only nigs believe in them now, egyptians believe in allah and some of them in jesus

do you actually think the we wuz kangz crowd worships the egyptian pantheon? don't make me laugh

They apparently did.

Neil Gaiman is kinda shit. Sandman is pretty good though.

>looking at cable ratings as proof of anything is a joke.
Modern ratings typically include DVRs which are watched within a certain number of days of the original broadcast, it's one of the reasons the decline in live viewership is less noticeable than you'd expect.

He's been making television for decades and has never managed to ever once get ratings, ever. Not once.

There comes a point where one has to take responsibility for one's failures. Bryan Fuller is a failure as a heterosexual and also cannot EVER get ratings.

here's the quick rundown

Imagine if this is as good as Hannibal and becomes a huge success and Star Trek: Discovery is the mess it's rumored to be and flops.

Fuller would be king.

American Gods was a bit boring.

heroes?

Looking forward to see Best Guy Ian McShane in form!

hurf durf

Go cut off your fingers. You're not allowed to type anymore.

Probably. I know absolutely nothing about ratings. I do know that I've seen almost all of his shows and they're all fantastic.

>isn't he writing the sequel to American Gods already?
The sequel is out already. It's called "Anansi Boys".

Judging only by the amount of Reddit spacing going on in this thread, the show will probably be shit

You forgot Green Lantern

But where's the homolust? In b4: Odin is now a homo

That was a writer's strike disaster. Every person who could string two words together in Hollywood worked on that movie no matter what the credit says.

>Reddit spacing
You dumb newfags will go to any lengths to fit your handwave argument into anything.

Your weak.

This sounds so fucking good

>Anansi
What I always wondered was why is he even fighting, Anansi Boys made it out to sound like the Animal gods don't have a region that they have to fight for, and they don't need humans, they just need to be.

why do Fuller shows always get axed despite being so good?

Well,

For one thing,

He can't manage to get

Any ratings

If I could go back in time and kill one meme master who started a meme, it would be the "reddit spacing" retard.

I don't know if he was a reddittor that thought that formatting was unique to reddit or if he was troll tricking newfags into parroting his meme, but fuck that annoys me.

They're not that good, I bet he'll crush and burn when the new sjw star trek comes out

Why do you kep saying "any ratings"? You should instead say "good ratings" or that his shows get "low ratings". Saying he cant get "any ratings" makes you sound like a retard

Saying "low ratings" instead "any ratings" ain't gonna help that user not sound like a retard

That's Hollywood lingo. Why are you so ignorant when you're on the Television & Film board?
nice reddit spacing

Try harder