Daily Japanese Thread - DJT #1934

Japanese language learning thread.

Read the Guide linked before asking how to learn Japanese:
djtguide.neocities.org/
Check the Cornucopia of Resources before asking where do download X or Y:
djtguide.neocities.org/cor.html

Archive of older threads: desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/Daily Japanese Thread/
Previous thread: This time I didn't make a mistake setting up the thread! (I hope.)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D4HEOujBx7k
jlpt.jp/e/samples/n5/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

やっぱり力士っていい暮らししてるな。
DJTに力士志望の人っていない?

youtube.com/watch?v=D4HEOujBx7k

Fuck off nips.

This is a thread for language learners, not bored English teachers looking to blog or spam off topic IRL stuff. Please use this thread for that sort of thing.

背景に立ってる娘は何を考えているんだろうかな

I've read the neocities guide and lurked these threads a bit, I assume the main mega anki link posted there is the only one I should load into the program and train on, yes? Aside from the mining thing which should really come much later
The other decks linked on the resources page either don't get much mention in the threads or appears insufficient/incomplete.

I have the 6th (latest) edition of Remembering the Kanji Vol 1 in PDF, anyone want?

>not kklc

Wow just took a look at that and it looks great, will read that for sure

I think Anonymous Core 5000 isn't too bad for a beginner, it's feels a bit less weighted down with words that you won't immediately need for reading
but most people do 2k/6k

I present you the greater part of my handwritten vocab books
the ones one the left have 32 sheets of paper each, the open one and the right ones 16

another pic coming up

behold my autism, about 12k words written down from it, if the cover is right
2bh lots of words come up several times, so I'm not sure how they are counting it

Neat.
I don't even count kana loanwords as japanese vocab, desu.

yea I was thinking about skipping words at first, but then I thought fuck it exercise is exercise

what now

まーたお前ら こんなところでぬくぬくしてるのか
どーれ おじさんにお前らのディックをシコらせてくれや

you could at least put int the effort to write nicely, now it looks like a scribbly mess. Still very impressive, though

well it's pretty exhausting already as it is and I'm not gaining anything from it

how long did it take? do you regret it? did it help at all with remembering the words?

also, this is a very stereotypical German thing to do

>"We meet again!"
>"また逢ったね!"
Why would one use "逢った" instead of "会った".
Is there some subtle difference in meaning, stylistic or emotional load or traditional use attached to using 逢?

辞書を使ってください

The botnet IME has pretty good tooltips for these cases.

also just wait till you get to かたい

do the tae kim grammar guide sort of in step with the vocab. the vocab anki deck shows sentences that can be hard to deconstruct without grammatical knowledge

when I was working on it I usually didn't do more than 4 pages a day, which gives me an average of 78 days spread out over several months
>do you regret it?
not really, it made me aware of all the everyday words I still don't know, you know stuff like srew driver, power outlet etc.
>did it help at all with remembering the words?
some yes, but many of them no, because I just wrote them down once and that was it
the upside of being autistic about this is that you develop a gut feeling about most things over the years, even when you're off

Thank you, entirely my bad. Sorry to waste your time.
Is google IME better in some ways than windows' default one?

hmm, I was thinking of doing a similar thing with kanji, just to better differentiate between kanji like 失/矢 幸/辛 and so on, guess I should have done RTK, but it kinda seemed like a waste of time

I like it more than Microsoft's one because the suggestions are typically way better. It knows a ton of titles for works, famous people's names, band names, and so on. On the Microsoft's IME I found myself having to write out a lot of that stuff, which can get a bit tedious sometimes, especially when it comes to people's names.

巨乳を持っている日本人の彼女が欲しい

>巨乳

あなたも文化の人ですでもあるを見ます。

ちっぱいとは寧ろ失敗だろうね

貴男たちは
高収入
高学歴
高身長
なのですか。

人の夢を潰さないで下さい

>>夢を潰す
それでもいいけど、"夢を壊す"の方が一般的な言い回しですよ。

ドイツさんはデキナイイイ

ちょっと質問がある
日本人無名さんは西洋の「memes」例えば pepe について何思うの?

文法的には間違ってないから、潰すでも通じますよ。
本やネットで細かい慣用句まで身に付けるのはなかなか難しいと思いますよ。
取り組んでいるだけでも評価されるべきです。

>無名さん
ここはね、"名無しさん"にすると"できる奴"と思われますよ。

日本にも勿論そう言うのはあります。
"やる夫"とかゆっくりとか。
だから海外にも同じものはあるんだな、ぐらいに思ってます。
ぺぺは面白いから好きです。

遊びは終わりだ

俺もできない子

介錯してください

what do nip-chans use for (You)?

続けることが肝心です。
日本語に取り組んで頂いて有難うございます。

介錯は、剣が未熟な者に頼むと悲惨ですよ。
三島由紀夫とか知ってるでしょう?

(お前)?
As long as we are in Sup Forums, (you) would be (you) with any nationalities.

>me when i realised i could read that
i was reffering to japanese sites

他者の空想を溶ける勿れ。

(汝)

おかまで背が低くて侍ごっこが好きな人だったけどなんかかっこよかったと思う

溶かす*シマッタ!!

>you're at the club and this guy slaps you gf's ass

what do you do?

>他者の空想を溶ける勿れ。
その場合、
>“溶かす"勿れ
にしないと、ダメ。

その認識で正しい。
4チャンに限らずヨーロッパ人には、あの人に幻想を抱いてる人が少なからずいて困る。
あの人はかっこいいだけ。かっこよくあろうとしただけの男。それで良い。

>slaps you gf's ass
The last person who behaves in such a manner.
And in the first place, he is only 155cm height.

歯磨き君、もう十分じゃないか?数量より品質を大切にね。

question why i have a gf.

Nuke

過剰反応だと思わないか

155センチの相手に核とかねえ本当にアメリカ人ってのはタフガイ揃いで敵わないねえ。

>話に聞くだけならそんなことくらいで――と思えるのかもしれないが、本人からしたらたまったものではないのかもしれない。
Is そんなことくらいで an omission of something here? I'm having trouble understanding it with what follows after. My translation of the sentence is something like:
>With just listening to the story, you might be lead to think "Something like that really happened?", but for the person in question, it's probably something unbearable (having to remember?).

>リストで加えてください
>add me to the list please
Is this correct? Not sure about the particle

Maybe そんなことくらいで = そんなことくらいで〜しなくていいのに

へ or に is correct.

you should read from this post onwards, it gets quite hilarious
often I wish we had more lively discussions like them, on the other hand I'm glad we don't have this concentration of autism

I don't miss that heavy hostile autism from Sup Forums. Everyone over there snaps at everything, they're as unhelpful as can be and they all have the arrogance of thinking that they're the best people in the world for Japanese. All these traits make for a horrible language learning environment. They should really just be a Japanese thread and not a Japanese learning thread, since they're so hostile to learners and clearly look down on anyone who isn't N1.

I don't remember clearly what Sup Forums DJT was like, but I feel like the Sup Forums one is better now, even though I was sad to see the Sup Forums one go at the time.
On one hand, a somewhat harsh learning environment is not bad, as it discourages people from posting questions that could easily be answered with a few seconds of googling (I'm mostly talking about very beginner questions here), and an overly-soft environment can make people become complacent, as you often see on other Japanese-learning parts of the internet, where people spend years without any actual progress.
But /jp/ and probably even Sup Forums at the time definitely take the autism too far, to the point where you feel like you can't ask any question, and where everyone just insults those at a lower level than them and ignores anyone at a higher level.

Sup Forums's DJT wasn't that bad for a while, but there was a tipping point not too long before the move where the thread became the weaponized autism it is now on /jp/ (therefore safe to say that it's the same autists perpetuating it). I don't feel like we're getting the same basic questions that often, even though it seems to be a concern that gets voiced a lot. We just tell those people to read the guide if it's a methodology related question, or we're patient and we answer beginner grammar questions, because we were also beginners once, and being patient with them encourages new learners to join the DJT community.

>but there was a tipping point not too long before the move where the thread became the weaponized autism it is now on /jp/
You forgot the part where that weaponized autism was 70% racist Sup Forums rejects that went here or dropped the thread altogether after the move.

I try to be nice whenever possible, but I will not accept people trying to shove bullshit down others' throats.

お前ら無念

>アニメの男
即ちガルパンがセーフか

>tried the N5 sample questions
>got 12/14 correct

jlpt.jp/e/samples/n5/index.html

Neat. Can anyone who's done the JLPT tell me whether they're representative of the actual test?

personally I never did one, but I've read plenty of times that the example questions are a tad easier

>モテない男性の特徴は?

言いたいのは、アイコンがアニメの「男」でダメっていうことは「女」で大丈夫だよね

What if it's a picture of my waifu?

Excuse me, I don't understand what are you trying to say. Please write it in English again? Maybe, you couldn't get what the picture is saying.

あっ
アイコンが「アニメの男」
ではなくて
「アイコンがアニメ」の男
だったのか

How's teaching English when you don't speak Japanese?

気にしないで、お前は僕と同じように迷いそうだけだ

ok this sentence probably is all fucked up
do you have a rope to spare?

Should I be aiming to get through a volume of manga per day? More?

>they're so hostile to learners and clearly look down on anyone who isn't N1.

So most of them are N1 ?!

No but they larp as people who are. But even if they did, how is insulting beginners the proper thing to do in a thread that claims to be a Japanese learning thread.

>So most of them are N1 ?!
wwいい冗談だよ、息ができなくなって肺が壊れちゃった

Please don’t die.

タバコやめてよかった、かろうじて生きて行けそう

Sup Forums is not reddit despite what you think

おめでとう。僕は禁煙したり自殺したい。どちら選択が正しい?

Seems most of them are teenager tier

ありませんが、彼らは人としてLARP。 しかし、彼らがした場合でも、どのように初心者に日本の学習スレッドであることを主張するスレッドで行うには、適切なものを侮辱しています

、いいえ、彼らは人として大切にします。 しかし、たとえ初心者のための学習スレッドの日本であると主張するスレッドをどのようにしても、あなたは適切なことを侮辱しました。

、いいえ、彼らは人間としてLARP。 しかし、彼らはどのように初心者のための学習スレッドの日本であることを主張するスレッドやってたとしても、あなたは適切なものを侮辱しています。

Congratulations. I want to commit suicide and non smoking. Which choice is the correct answer?

おめでとう。 私は自殺と禁煙をコミットします。 正解はどちらの選択をしますか?

彼らのほとんどは十代の層だと思われる
それらのほとんどはティーンエイジャーの階層いるようです

正直に言うと、特別の方法がない
僕も何でも失敗したけど、ある時またジョギングを試してみたし、たが全然うまく行かなかった。
自身に考えてたのはただ僕は本当に情けないってこと

Thanks mate. Appreciated.

lel
maybe it is true that they LARP that way, but their will to learn Japanese, which is practically useless in working is purely admirable.

Can't refute that one, it really is pathetic to literally burn your money away in smoke.

LEL =笑= L3L
多分彼らがそのようにLARPことは事実であるが、作業中に実質的に無用である日本を、学ぶために彼らの意志は純粋に立派です。

その1に反論することはできません、本当に文字通り煙に離れてあなたのお金を燃やすために哀れです。

That's some schizophrenic guy who spams Google translated nonsense. It's best to not reply.

[English]
Are you truly saying that it is best not to reply to someone who is using the bare minimum tools available to them in order to learn a completely new communication style/idea?

You presume my mental health state and literally 'nobody' wants to talk to me directly, which is amazingly rude of 'every other culture'.

All I am doing is trying to help people understand what it takes using MY OWN NATIVE LANGUAGE to translate what I think, feel, and know in to THEIR cultural identity/concept/idea.

[Norwegian]
Er du virkelig si at det er best å ikke svare til noen som bruker de bare minimal verktoy tilgjengelig for dem for å lære en helt ny kommunikasjonsstil / idé?

Du antar min mentale helse tilstand og bokstavelig talt 'ingen' vil snakke med meg direkte, noe som er utrolig frekt av 'alle andre kultur'.

Alt jeg gjor er å prove å hjelpe folk å forstå hva det tar å bruke min egen morsmålet til å oversette hva jeg tenker, foler og kjenner på sin kulturelle identitet / konsept / idé.

また明日ね

I replied to the English translation of what I wrote in Japanese, shit.

The guy translating this show is a fucking wizard compared to me. He recognized ごうそう as 剛槍.