Victor Valdes

You now remember... the guy who decided to ruin his career in 2013 for no good reason.

Attached: victor-valdes_115404_w620.jpg (620x700, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qdfA_ltDUNk
youtube.com/watch?v=x3x_VxF1Za8
youtube.com/watch?v=tpX_FyUdVo0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He's very underrated. No Buffon/Iker/Van der Sar levels but people refuse to give him any credit for Barcelona's success when he deserves at least a bit

hes tied for the most zamora trophies compared to casillas who barely has 1, and has had one of the lowest goals conceded per game ratio of all time. underrated

>No good reason
>underrated
It seems you user started watching football recently

Attached: bild_2552368b.jpg (620x388, 112K)

>you now remember this
youtube.com/watch?v=qdfA_ltDUNk

He was an amazing goalkeeper and very good with his feet (key if you play for Barcelona).

This is a joke right?

youtube.com/watch?v=x3x_VxF1Za8

You can make a mistake compilation for literally every player in the history of the game

Why would it be?

He played for 10 years in Barcelona, of course he made some mistakes

yeah, but if you actually watched football from 2004 to 2014 then you know he was a clown. he made some good saves from time to time, but the mistakes he made were unbelievable. like the Liverpool game in 2007 when he fell into his own net with the ball and then threw it out straight to Liverpool attacker for a tap in etc. In 2008 everyone consideren him a joke, but then for some reason his reputation got salvaged because he played in Guardiolas Barca. Is Pedro world class too?

>for no good reason
He said the pressure of playing for Barca and being expected to win every trophy was affecting his mental health.
His fuck up was first signing for Man Utd when they had the same pressure on them and already had an established goalkeeper, and then pissing off management by refusing to turn up for a game.

he wasn't the best goalkeeper in the world but I still think he was better than ter Stegen, Cillessen and Bravo

at least he had a good acting career

Attached: index.jpg (300x168, 10K)

Lol
One of the worst keepers i saw playing at top level.

He wasn't the best goalkeeper, but he was the best goalkeeper for Barcelona at the time. Extremely quick to get off the line, excellent at one-on-ones, and very good on the ball as well. Always had mistakes in him, however, and can't defend his near post for shit. Amazing how he went from being in one of the best team ever to fucking Middlesbrough in a few years

valdez was shit

>excellent at one-on-ones

youtube.com/watch?v=tpX_FyUdVo0

that's the point of this thead, it's not just that he went from Barca to obscurity, it's that he made a conscious decision to do it. if he didn't leave he would've been a starter for Barca until he retired.

Sorry lad I watched that Barcelona side week in week out for 5 years, not just that one game

He was declining for at least two seasons before he left. They weren't pulling trees to extend his contract, as soon as there was an indication that he was leaving they signed ter Stegen

oh you mean one of the most important games of his career, like all the other ones he totally fucked up in

the reason he has such a negative image in the eyes of the public is because of his moronic displays in big games, which is basically the only times that matter when you play for barcelona

Is he the only manlet to be a #1 for big club? iirc he's only 5'9"

he's taller than Casillas and Barthez

He's 6'0 thats still a manlet as a keeper tho

His knee got absolutely obliterated in a collision, what did you want him to do?

Iker is 2 cm taller (183 vs 185)

he decided to leave Barca almost a year before that

He was having his easily best season until he got hurt.

on Casillas wikipedia page his height is 181

Yes. And he was still at Barcelona when he blew out his knee.

He got hurt he was playing very well before

Julio Chester.

>believing in team datas, specially cor goalkeepers and centrebacks

A very good Barca keeper good with the ball, extremely good on 1v1s good on shots, weaker on crossing.

Measured him meself lad

Aight lets settle on 182 1 cm shorter then valdez. No idea why it says 185 when i Google it

Iker is a midget, he lies about his height.

Carvajal is 173. Just look.

Attached: BUHylfeCIAAZzYv.jpg (374x239, 18K)

>underrated
>good with the ball
this dude was literally the reason we lost 2 cups in 2 seasons back to back. his mistakes at the back cost us a lot of goals. sure he was better than your average goalkeeper when using his feet. and when i saw average i mean this dude was at joe hart level. he was the absolute weakest link in 2011 barca. he had his days when he was good, never amazing. his composure was pitiful. bravo and stergen have been far better addition. in fact the only thing valdez had going for him was his somewhat above average positioning. i was sad when i heard him leaving because i didn't think we could get a goal keeper as balanced as him, but we somehow got 2 who were much better

take this from someone who watched 90% of barca's games from 2009 till date

he had that because he was in barca. barca have always had the lowest goals conceded every season because they always end matches with 70% possession. check the matches where barca wasn't majorly dominant and he was pitiful

for money

monaco was a shit

>we

>we
?!

good bait

He left because his dad/brother was scum, got him in debt by making shady business and he needed desperately to win money. Honestly Barça gave him another chance and would had paid him even injured, but he was always the kind of guy that has weird pride and prefers to take the fall like Hachiman, not Ikér Pajillas "El Topo" scummy pride