ITT: effects that aged poorly

ITT: effects that aged poorly

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MOZK4MiIMZM
youtube.com/watch?v=ZNzVgqv5MtQ
youtube.com/watch?v=gCKhktcbfQM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You see that for literally a fraction of a second, it's a non issue for people who aren't autistic.

what atari jaguar game is this?

ur mom

All the green gas looks like pure shit in that movie.

Only money can buy this level of autistic butthurt.

>3 cuts to show one kick

I know Marvel is worse for it but was this even necessary?

I feel sick

Almost all attempts at replacing physical living things with cgi has failed.

CGI is for world building and accenting, not for actors.

APOLOGISE

This.

You can EASILY tell when a living thing in CGI. Their unnaturally smooth movements quickly give them away,
The only creatures that look believable are the dinosaurs from Jurassic Park, and that's because they used actual models for most of the time and actually put effort into making the CG complement it.

Don't worry. No charge for them.

>guy's head snaps half a second late after ogre's hand closes
Try again.

>that guy in the lower right jivin' to the beat

Why did he turn into a skeleton?

why did that skeleton appear out of nowhere? Who was he

He had a bone to pick with Windu

Considering that Harry Potter film came out in 2001, that looks pretty good.

Why did mace turn into a skeleton

Which Casper is this from?

JESUS CHRIST!! Where's the spoiler or at least a trigger warning.

It was the ghost of Jedi Master Oobo Bagooboo absorbing the Sith lightening and saving Mace Windu's life

Because a galaxy far far away is actually hell

>length of time you see something means it can't be bad

You don't see it though, and you're not supposed to. It's like those morons who bitch about the crowds in racing games. It's there to fill in the gaps, to complete the illusion.

The best part is how poorly the CGI that ISN'T Hulk looks. I.E. everything in that scene.

I'm thinking about doing special effects for film. I'm pretty good at photoshop. Is the money good?

>not noticing that the hand also clips through his head
You are like a little baby.

damn skeletons!

this probably blew people's asses off in the 60s though

One of the things that makes practical effects so much better than CGI is that even if there comes a point when they no longer look real in the sense of being able to make you forget they're there, there's still such a craft to them that they remain interesting and immersive to watch. Most CGI just ages like milk. Movies from the early 2000s are practically impossible to watch anymore, but even this janky-ass stop motion still feels good.

>to complete the illusion.

Which doesn't work, when it looks awful.
You are incredibly dense.

youtube.com/watch?v=MOZK4MiIMZM
Go fuck yourself, this looks a hell of a lot better than if it were done with CGI

compare that with youtube.com/watch?v=ZNzVgqv5MtQ made 40 years later

>he's suddenly not in the doorway

No, you are. You're the type to go out of their way to find flaws instead of enjoying the moment. Films are not made for people like you, leave at once.

>I watched one episode of every frame a painting now every movie must be birdman xD

>You're the type to go out of their way to find flaws

It's a bad CGI thread, That's bad CGI. Get over it.
Also, shitty CGI takes you out of a movie and ruins enjoyment.

I said leave, why are you still here?

>i'm upset my children's movie isn't well made but let me respond to an actual problem in most films nowadays by greentext memeing

hey look i can do it too

>when it's your turn to attack the enemy but he's in the middle of something and you don't want to interrupt

Because I want to see bad CGI/effects, and want to see you sperg out more about how it's fine like the child you are.

Why do humans think they can beat Orcs?

The only bad effect around here if your life, don't reply because I won't be reading.

good post, i agree

>I was pretending haha!

Wow. Underage and a complete moron, amazing

I'd say the Jackie Chan episode is more on point with the problem that this part of BvS has.

You actually see him fly off. Maybe hit by the wing? Doesn't look like he would even die from that either...

This wouldn't even work. How are the skeletons so strong? They don't even have muscles

>The only bad effect around here if your life

OH SHIT HOW WILL HE EVER RECOVER?

yaaaawn, has there ever been a more boring villain? If you're going to do monsters at least make a good monster design.

Oh shit, didn't notice. Kinda sad considering I've seen the film multiple times.

Not enough jumpcuts desu senpai.

Needs at least 3jc/second to satisfy my ADHD.

youtube.com/watch?v=gCKhktcbfQM

>15 cuts in 6 seconds
>more than 2 jumpcuts a second

MY EYES

PERFECTION! Now this is jumpcutting!

Disney would be proud.

>240 takes went into this one action

How the hell did people watch this movie. Like, the CGI honestly looks awful. I think it's because of how they move. Is it just because it's webm?

I don't remember noticing it during that particular scene, but that might have been because comparatively the battle sequence before was many times worse.

Clearly overlay saturated to make it appear worse

Why are the eye sockets so small?

chinks have shit taste in movies, as long there's a CG monster or an explosion, they'll eat that shit up.

Get ready for 80 more Transformers movies

it's a camrip

realer than real

>This hasn't actually released yet

will Sully age this poorly too?

It's just like cars. They have no cultural history of cars or films to draw upon. Therefore, shitty drivers and film goers.

I used to hate CGI, butt he I realised it's not the CGI I hate, it's the animation: these beings are supposed to be real but move like cartoons, at speeds that'd give you 15 G's and brain damage, and mostly it looks fucking unreal, which destroys tension.

ghost in the shell 2017

That movie sucked but the CGI looked pretty good

kek

The best CGI you never even realize is CGI

Fucking this. I watched this the other day and if I didn't know any better I honestly would have thought I was looking at video game footage.

God SS was so shit.

The guy bailing out gets me every time

Kek

which Stephen King story is this?

the one set in Maine

wait, Super Man was in Lord of the Rings?

look at the top of his head

>SCARING THE LITTLE GIRL?!

You realise this is practical?

he did the right thing, if you don't know what you're doing just get out of the way

this is less to do with technical limitations and more to do with the person who modelled it not knowing what a skull looks like.

Damnit

Langoliers

KEK BE PRAISED.

Disturbing that it looks so fake then.

I only guessed it was Stephen King because only a tv miniseries could get away with that afwul CG. I can't believe I hit the mark.

It's greenscreen + frame aspect / speed tweaking.