If ancient greeks and romans were Arian, what was the difference between them and Barbarians?

If ancient greeks and romans were Arian, what was the difference between them and Barbarians?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aryan#Nazism_and_White_Supremacy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Myth_of_the_Twentieth_Century#Influence_of_the_book
youtube.com/watch?v=yMqL1iWfku4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germania#Roman_conquests
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batavi_(Germanic_tribe)
youtube.com/watch?v=NVbH1BVXywY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

barbarians had longer hair and heretical religion i guess

but the greek and romans had there best time as heretics

>ancient greeks and romans were Arian
They were not Ayran
>This meme needs to die

unless you consider the whole of Indo-European speaking people to be Aryan which includes
>Hindi
>Persians
>All people of Europe sans Basque

people here still use Aryan as a synonym with Germanic, they are not up with basic bronze age European history

Hitler's Aryan race was the WWII era equivalent of we wuz kings.

Everything the said sounded like BAR BAR BAR BAR

Actually, persians are the true aryans.

>"The Germans themselves I should regard as aboriginal, and not mixed at all with other races through immigration or intercourse....
>...For my own part, I agree with those who think that the tribes of Germany are free from all taint of intermarriages with foreign nations, and that they appear as a distinct, unmixed race, like none but themselves. Hence, too, the same physical peculiarities throughout so vast a population. All have fierce blue eyes, red hair, huge frames, fit only for a sudden exertion. They are less able to bear laborious work. Heat and thirst they cannot in the least endure; to cold and hunger their climate and their soil inure them."

Real barbarians were mongols.
The idea of scandianvians being barbarians is just a biased point of view from romans.

Nazi Germany certainly went that way but back then they had some reasons to believe that in part, as if I recall correctly, Corded Ware territory back then was seen as the initial Aryan homeland from which IE culture spread.

Hue is somehow right. Persians are honorary Aryan and we are allowed to beed with them

>heretical religion
too right.

This Aryan meme needs to stop

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aryan#Nazism_and_White_Supremacy

"Aryan" is like a written Swastika, it became politically incorrect but it can be still used as a synonym with proto-IE as long as we understand the PIE homeland now seems to be in the Ukranian steppe.

Well yes, Italian-bro. However, the use of Aryan in white-supremacy is no less different than the feminist definition of rape.

It's not a meme. I think you don't understand this.
Saying the Aryans originated from Northern Europe is wrong, not the whole concept.
It's not really debatable Aryan is a thing. Just maybe use the term Indoeuropean instead so people don't think you're a nadsi :DDD

Actually not, most of the we wuz kangs stuff came from (((alfred rosenberg))) and hitler unironically did his best to distance himself and the party.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Myth_of_the_Twentieth_Century#Influence_of_the_book

And I don't even like the guy.

They had different views than them, which led them to different conclusions

Barbarian is word describing anyone who's not Greek(and later Roman),regardless of status or civilization.

This.

Germans are the biggest reality-deniers of the world in that case.

They just can't understand that hitler's ideology was hijacked and instead of applying to the germans, it applied to the slavs.

>Barbarian is word describing anyone who's not Greek(and later Roman),regardless of status or civilization.

I tought it was about language?
youtube.com/watch?v=yMqL1iWfku4

They were superior in every single way compared to the germanic tribes that Sup Forums call """""Aryans"""""

Feels bad Rome and Greece aren't here anymore, both ancient empires were pretty ballin.

Is sarmatism still a thing in poland?

No,
Poles are lazy asses and they don't want to read about complicated historical relations.
Genes and language go our way, but why would we care, let's just accept that Poland started to be a country in 966.

Indo europeans were initially darker when they settled in europe.
They're indo european.
This is mostly language based.
This. Greeks considered everyone else barbarians, even insulted other Greeks calling them barbarians.
They're not? Really? That's funny.

They aren't.

The country you call greece is not the same thing as the ancient greek empire.
Same way as the roman empire doesn't exist anymore buddy.

Or you're talking about the city of Rome?
You can't be this stupid, can you? I thought american education was better than ours at least.

Who stays the same for 2,000yrs? No one is the same as 500yrs or 200yrs ago. This is a futile argument, they're still descendants of the Romans and Greeks and their ideals spread, didn't die out.

You're the only stupid one assuming things and not realizing what their empires started morphed and spread to other parts, the EU and US, who are both based on greco-roman judeo christian values. Think Byzantine Empire dumbass, stop inhaling the favela fumes you ignorant bastard.

This. Romans had darker skin, in fact they were scared of barbarians because they looked like ghosts compared to them

>heretic religion
>implying the Greek religion was Jew/Christian/Muslim-tier
Zeus Akbar was not a thing silly burger. It was a sophisticated religion, not bigoted messianism.

Your correct, Aryans came from the East. Historically and Scientifically proven. Nazis went to Tibet to find relics.

anyone who could not speak greek was considered a barbarian

>File: 1468836415881.png (31 KB, 713x528)

Do you mind if I save your meme?

The barbarians were from an entirely different region. The Germanic/Saxon tribes got to their area from over in the Ural mountain region. Rome also probably had many different types of people mixing together while the Germanic barbarians were very cut off and separated.

> superior in every way
> couldn't make it past the bog and forest without being slaughtered by the Germans
> Germanic tribes won and kept their independence and freedom

errr, okay

Suit yourself fratello

Greeks enjoy getting rekt by Romans.

Greek civilization was destroyed by the Romans, and this Greek cuck still worships them.

this, the Greeks had something going like the Nazi's that they considered everyone that isn't one of them to be inferior

>> Germanic tribes won and kept their independence and freedom

Is that history channel?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germania#Roman_conquests

>who is Germanicus
>what is weser river
>what is the late Roman army
always Americans with your meme version of history

I thought that the Greeks actually got along very well with the Germanic Barbarians?

They were Nordic this is fact

Civilization

Except it was actually TRUE

t. Portugal butthurt about Germans winning WW2

oh there he is, ready to shit up another thread

We just didn't get chance to sit down and shoot the shit is all.

A few beers and some bloody conquest battles, forced conversion etc and we were like two peas in a pod.

It was not you idiot
Romans were the biggest greekboos

Except I'm actually right.

well, i'm not that great at this time in history, but if you mean as a overall tribe, the Greeks looked down upon them, you know because they behaved like "savages" when compared to the Greek lifestyle.

but if you talk about the métoikos (something like immigrants), well they were accepted into society, but only as something like a 2. class citizen

> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batavi_(Germanic_tribe)

Greece and Rome were like a rich old man and a boy he adopted for tutoring and boystretching. But eventually the boy grow tall and handsome, and now he fucks the older man in the ass, and both love eachother very much.

>implying ancient Greece and Rome weren't multicultural

Their societies crumbled for a reason.

Roman civilization was just Latinized Greek civilization, m8.

The most important cultic centres in the Empire/Republic were in Greece (Ephesus), Syria (Temple to Ba'al) and Egypt (for Isis, who was also worshipped at Ephesus).

Greek mystery religions dominated Roman society alongside Mithraism.

The first Roman literary works were simply translations of Greek epics.
The first Roman original Roman works were tie-ins to Greek epics.
Roman's fabricated their origin and founding around Greece's past so they would be important.

I could go on...

They had a bit of the lower parts of Germany that basically aren't even Germany anyways, and lost them in the battle I mentioned, and never gained Magna Germany back.

Yes it was, the Romans systematically destroyed all Greek peoples and enslaved them.

They wore Greeks as a piece of clothing.

The Romans justified destroying the Greeks by claiming heritage from the Trojans.

The Romans pictured themselves avenging the Trojans as the destroyed the Greeks.

Really makes you think, huh.

>I could go on...
lol, you teach me?

Rome waited almost 100 years before turning Greece into a province because they respected the Greeks so much.

They kept going in to prevent anybody ceasing too much power and to keep the Greeks free because of a romanticized Roman ideal of Athenian Democracy.

Romans carved Germanics another asshole after Teutoborg, but the point is that keeping a huge fucking forest full of nothingness besides some poor barbarians wasn't worth it, that's why Germanicus was called back to Rome while still raping them.

What are you trying to say? poorly btw. Do you know that the original border was meant to be the Elbe?

Stop pretending
The Greco-italic race was always cultural and genetically related
They fit God's perfection the most, the Mediterranean is indeed the ubermensch

Oh, I had just heard that many tribal leaders traveled down to Greece and traded and things like that, I heard they got along very well. Sort of like pic related?

kek, loved it to death.

There's an equal amount of logic in saying Greek civilization was destroyed by Romans as there is in saying it was destroyed by Spartans in Peloponesian Wars or Macedons after Alexander the Great. Romans brought in a better political structure on the region but respected and expanded Greek tradition. Greek civilization wasn't destroyed until Christianity.

Oh, here he is

It was because of the hippies back at home protesting human rights violations while smoking dank.

STFU IDIOT

>ALEXANDER THE GREAT
>BROWN EYES
OH MY FUCKING GOD STOP WATCHING ERB

youtube.com/watch?v=NVbH1BVXywY

Greeks loved the Egyptians, hated the Romans.

>200,000 dead

a barbarian is someone who doesn't speak the prominent languages of commerce in the Mediterranean, latin and greek, Barbarian tongues are pre literate and lack abstractions

well, trade is trade. You don't have to have good relations with your trade partner (it is better for the safety of your merchants). Both parties know that they benefit from this, that's why they do it. Look at modern examples (USA and China/Russia

They killed less, maybe the same amount, of people that were killed on their side at the battle of the Teutoburg Forest. It wasn't a huge forest full of nothingness, it was a secure region where the Germanic people could remain uncontrolled and independent thanks to the fact that the Romans were to cowardly to go into the forests. Germanic people owned those forests, they sure didn't have trouble navigating them and living happily in them. You're just mad because you've been raped my Muslims for hundreds of years to the point that your entire country looks like a bunch of Turks.

>hated the Romans.
They literally didn't
Read some Plutarch
Read some cicero or marc aurel
The greek was the most beloved and respected citizen in roman society, just after the roman himself of course

>citizen
>slave

>>ALEXANDER THE GREAT
>>[1 color] EYES
>Canadian education

OBVIOUSLY NOT

The lack of barbs

still doesn't change the fact that Romans were NOT interested in that huge forest and it's why the Rhine was deemed to be a good frontier for the actual lands that mattered
you are just mad you are a literal nigger rape baby

You idiot, the other greek city states were flying roman banners. Yea they pummeled athens in this battle who took the wrong side and made an example of them so there would be no more uprisings.

>1 colour eyes
European education everyone.

>You idiot,

Who said that?

You know that there was the same amount iof greek slaves in greek city states ?
Athenians or Spartans were free people, they opened their own schools in Rome
Some even became honorary citizens of Rome itself, a privilege only italic tribes had

Tacitus

>implying heretic religions were just worshipping the Nephilim and fallen angels.

suuree

stfu stupid.

They just didn't give a shit. In fact, they thought other religions' Gods also existed, but simply didn't serve the Greeks.

Fun fact: the Greeks considered the Semitic God El, ie. Yahwe /Christian God/Allah to be a different name for Cronos.

"Roman" is not so much an ethnicity as it is a state of mind. For a long time in history most of the Mediteranean were Roman citizens and you can imagine how much "aryan" Illyrians, Etruscans, Jews, Puns etc. are.

Also, various Greek tribes regarded each other as barbarians...

I must say, this OP is a baiter, troll, a bad sport and uneducated underage bastard whose mum I fucked last night.

Yea then you had Pax Romana idiot, longest period of peace in Greek history over 300yrs. Nice try dimwit, put another beer in you. The Romans invested heavily in these Greek city states and they flourished.
A drunk Mick and a stupid Skip.

Alexander the Great notoriously had 1 blue eye and 1 something else (I think green?)

If you are talking about his grammar than your just being a bit of a cunt considering hes not English.

If they weren't interested in Germania Magna , why did they lose tens of thousands of people trying to get there? Why did they keep trying to conquer Germania Magna after failing so many times? You do realize that Italy was once a dingy ass swamp just like Germania Magna before Rome was built. The original Romans, who weren't retards like you, didn't care. They built over so many forests and bogs in Europe because they didn't care, and that's why they were so interested in Germania Magna. Why did they pursuse Germanic people to trade with them and help them navigate the land? Why would they ever have Germanic people leading their army if they thought they were inferior? If you look at the written accounts that the Romans left behind, they were absolutely terrified entering the Germanic territory. They were little bitches, and that's the only reason that they couldn't get the forest that they clearly wanted.

I guarantee you if we took pictures of our skin and compared them, yours would be much darker, you literal nigger rape baby.

> inb4 b-b-but it was the moors!

>WIKIPEDIA
>RELIABLE
"IDIOT"

yeah sure you totally aren't an IDIOT

Alexander had blue eyes he was NORDIC

I see what you mean, but in some ways, we do get along with China and Russia. I could imagine that regular, real people existing back then might have been fine interacting with the barbarians. Do you think the Greeks and Germans had such tenuous military relations like we do today?

Fun fact the clash of the titans and a lot of the Nephilim history match up perfectly. You're literally worshipping demons that were scattered throughout the preflood world.

>inb4 crazy christian
No I'm sorry you guys were worshipping demons and fallen angels.

Do they spank you often?

>le demon may may

They spoke Latin and Greek.

A barbarian was anyone who didn't speak Latin or Greek as well as a native and with no accent.

It was possible to be a barbarian freedman and your children be considered Roman. Also the barbarian freedman himself might have Roman citizenship depending on time place circumstances etc.

Didn't they decent from Armenians?

That's pretty interesting, about Cronos. But honestly, I'm pretty sure that the mythology of the Bible is existing in the same realm as Greek, Roman, Celtic, Nordic, etc mythology and I do believe that it's all true, honestly. I think the reason that you don't see most first world Christian's acting very extreme with their religion is that they've blended it with the freedom and spirit of their other ancestors.

>bible explicitely tells us that essentially evil spiritual niggers were made when fallen angels racemixed with humans
>explicitely tells they were men of renown and worshipped
>every culture and religion supports this and the appeal of ellongated skulls around the world also supports this
>Indians, Native Americans, Greeks, Iranians, Incans, etc. All tell of cannibalistic giants that ruled over them
>God made the flood happen to remove these half breed scum and every religion recognizes that they dissapeared afterwords
But no things just line up perfectly in the bible by mere coincidence.