I don't care if it was Oscar bait, I loved it

I don't care if it was Oscar bait, I loved it

It was a good character driven drama. The police station was awfully painful to watch.

Also, teen titties.

>Oscar bait

not really, this was honest filmmaking

What the fuck do you mean?

It's a good movie, there's lots of great acting but it's like a mumblecore movie. Everyone's talking over each other, everyone's miserable, and it's gray and it's about people dying in a fire.

>a completely white cast in a non political film made by Kenneth Lonergan
>"oscar bait"

sure thing buddy

Tell me more about these titties

Best film of 2016 for me

>a completely white cast in a non political film

Worked out for Birdman and The Artist, oscarbait trash

You have no idea what Oscar bait is.

Those two films are oscar baits because they deal specifically with Hollywood and the industry itself and the academy jerks off to things like that (just like La La Land)

Manchester by the Sea is none of that.

Oscar bait is well written material with good performances and cinematography

This. Literally textbook opposite from oscar bait. It wasn't even a period piece. Felt more like cannes bait desu

The Academy is literally like 90% white male middle aged actors, most of whom feel deep existential anxiety over their life decisions but love Hollywood and the culture and history of Hollywood. Oscar bait is movies that appeal to them. American Beauty is the seminal Oscar bait.

There's been a recent trend in progressive movies that focus on racial or identity issues being hugely popular but that's a different phenomenon entirely and a relatively modern one that probably is based on a generational shift.

You are uninformed. Oscar bait is typically a film that calls upon hollywod nostalgia either through its content or through its methods (ala grandiose sound stages for period pieces). Although now the term has recently morphed into (what i consider personally to be a pejorative) a film that uses race and politics shallowly for the intent of winning awards from PC jews

LOL MFW I make a joke about Oscar bait actually being good and it triggers autists

What's wrong with mumblecore, fgt?

>dude I'm so depressed white melodrama
>not oscar bait

How is it oscar bait?

I don't like turning on subtitles to watch a movie in a language I understand.

>white
BACK TO REDDDIT, FAGGOT NIGGERLOVER

Police station scene gets me every time, most impactful scene of the year so far for me.

If only Lonergan didn't use the already heavily overused Adagio in G minor in that scene, the scene delivers enough impact by itself, there was no soundtrack needed for that.

But tell me about the titties

There's something wrong with this webm, there may be titties in there but there's some kind of covering on them

>depressed white working class man
>oscar bait

There's not any nudity in the movie, except for one out-of-focus cunt you see from an angle where you can't actually really see anything

>white
GTFO back to le REDDDDDITTT with you, faggot

Stop posting here Mike