what did Johnny Rico mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3PbdyJ_ybSI
youtube.com/watch?v=ThrVQKl04Ak
youtube.com/watch?v=pTjYAtDIkT0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He was singing Death from Above

A good death is its own reward.

This movie was originally supposed to take place in the same universe as planet of apes, but when apes and man were living side by side. For budgetary and pacing reasons they had to scrap that footage and plotline but that line stayed in mistakenly.

he was addressing the negro brigade.

The only correct answer.

He was quoting an American WW1 marine seargeant who was part Irish. So quite literally an ape.

>Im from Buenos Aires and I say kill them all
Wait a second here. Why would a white person be in Argentina? It makes no sense

youtube.com/watch?v=3PbdyJ_ybSI

What did he mean by "them"?

(((Them)))

he used the same line as michael ironside's character, indicating that the young are replacing the old

Beunos Aires was a false flag.

He didn't mean anything.

He's a grunt, he remembers the thing that his CO said to them which seemed to work when he was in charge and is replicating because he was never trained as an officer and doesn't actually know how to lead.

That's deep bro

They've colonised Mars and shit. Argentina is now the property of white people

youtube.com/watch?v=ThrVQKl04Ak

Carmen > Dizzy

There, I said it

That's bullshit, the whole movie is about how these grunts either die or ascend the military hierarchy. At the end we literally see the three friends reunited as more intelligent, more cunning soldiers after their successes. Rico is imitating his old CO because the mobile infantry is literally a meat grinder.

it is difficult to get niggers to obey orders

>GO DIE FOR ZOG GOYIM, YESSSS!

I never understood why they didnt use heavy machinery like tanks , apcs and so on

Equipment is expensive, humans are cheap

And in the 3rd one they use mecha and shit

youtube.com/watch?v=pTjYAtDIkT0

This, they went full Slav doing human wave attacks and shit.

because winning the war isn't necessarily the objective.

a continuous war that sucks up people's lives into the millitary is much better for a fascist/totalitarian society than one where they win the war as quickly and efficiently as possible.

>He thinks Heinlein's views were fascist

really makes you think

forgot pic

How did you get that from his post? Heinlein's views don't play into it--the government in Starship Troopers was undeniably fascist.

There's a huge excess of humans, even after colonising other worlds there's still so many 100,000 dying in a single night is a drop in the ocean

How else would you have the future government deal with this? Welfare is stretched now and work is automised and robotic, can't keep extending it indefinitely.

>Heinlein's views don't play into it
>the government in Starship Troopers was undeniably fascist

we're talking about the movie champ, please keep up.

>a continuous war that sucks up people's lives into the millitary is much better for a fascist/totalitarian society than one where they win the war as quickly and efficiently as possible.
this is the most reddit tier bullshit i've ever seen. Are you suggesting that the neoliberal military industrial complex and its concomitant neocons are somehow a fascist regime?
Are you somehow suggesting that they were purposefully bumbling the war against an alien threat for 'muh fajizzm"? Or is it more likely that they just didn't have the budget or desire to include APCs and tanks in the film?

I am well aware. Please define fascism for me.

What was Animal Mother trying to say in this scene?

you're getting too defensive. Nowhere did I talk about whether it was just or not, I just explained why they don't fight the war as efficiently as they can.

Why is this website so jumpy about fascism

this quote is also in Conan. Because there are fates much worse than death, and a life of cowardice is one of them.

I'm a different person

>so jumpy about fascism
because it's a nebulous buzzword typically used by politically illiterate redditors, just like muh gommunism is. It's tiresome to see it used all the time and almost never correctly.

He was talking to the negro cannon fodder

Underrated.

Just like 9/11

Oxford dictionary defines it as: "An authoritarian and nationalistic system of government and social organization." I put /totalitarian in my post anyway because I predicted people would get their panties in a bunch if I used the word fascist.

>Are you suggesting that the neoliberal military industrial complex and its concomitant neocons are somehow a fascist regime?

Where did I imply this in my post? If you read my post again, you'll see I suggest it's a useful component for supporting a totalitarian regime, not that it's a core pillar of fascism or whatever. If you'd like me to explain: endless war does not equal fascism or totalitarianism, but is useful for it.

>Or is it more likely that they just didn't have the budget or desire to include APCs and tanks in the film?

Christ I was answering from what I thought was an in-universe perspective because that was what the user asked. Calm the hell down

>nationalistic
>Earth has a one world government

Thank you for proving yourself wrong.q

>read all these posts about him speak to black soldiers
>trying to remember if there was a lot of black soldiers in the movie
>suddenly clicks that people are just referring to racists who call black people monkeys, or "apes"

damn, I might be retarded

so basically you wanted to soapbox and you're massively presumptuous as well as hyper-defensive. got it.

They wouldnt be called the Mobile Infantry if they had tanks and shit now would they.

>that pic

My sides have voted to leave the European Union.

damn, you sure schooled me. Looks like you've won the debate that we're definitely having and everyone definitely wanted to start.

good job user.

I accept your apology.

>who is Frederick the great?

you're aware that user literally said "fascist or/and totalitarian" basically everywhere he used it right. the fuck is your problem

So you think your incorrect usage of the word fascist is balanced out because you put the slightly more correct word totalitarian in your post?

Please apply yourself more in the future.

>hell yeah starship troopers thread
>it's just memes and counter memes
Every Fucking Time Sup Forums
Fuck

Its a comment on films that glorify war.
The whole thing is a malformed propaganda film.
He is used casting as a film making device.

Its similar to how Showgirls is a voyeuristic film about voyeursim watched by voyeuristic audiences.

Paul Verhoeven is the most misunderstood director of our times.

>seargeant

If people don't understand Starship Troopers is satire you really can't explain it to them. I've tried with limited success.

>the most powerful nation in the world needs a 'false flag' to attack anybody

Retard. 9/11 was a legit event, the 'conspiracy' was the fact that nobody listened to security services (or if they did, purposefully ignored them).

People forget that USA and UK invaded in '91. You guys think everything is a 'false flag' when shit could have been sorted and dealt with 10 years previously. Same with Syria; why do ANOTHER false flag a few months ago when there was a chemical attack 4 years ago?

You chucklefucks live in the world of fantasy, not reality.

Showgirls is so fucking dense with subtext

Every time I watch it I recognise a little more than I did the times before

Homo sapiens are apes.

You're probably right.

This an overused trope but perhaps the problem is that things are now 'beyond parody'.
Starship Troopers was pre-9/11 and pre-Dubya, maybe you can't see what its about if thats what you grew up with (it only make PV more correct of course).

Dizzy's personality in Carmen's body please.

i've never seen starship troopers should i watch it is it good?

Its amazing isn't it. I say its one of the best of the films of its time and people are like "LULZ so ironic!".

MFW I'm completely serious.

Yes to both

Get a couple of beers in your first for maximum experience

>People forget that USA and UK invaded in '91
and before that. and before that. and before that.

aight that song is hype af

It's either the most fun you'll have in two hours, a legitimate subversive masterpiece or an overrated steaming pile of shit.
It's all up to you user.

showgirls > mullholland dr

>thinking the kikes survived the purge

So young, so naive.

Imagine SG-1 levels of comfiness with an R-rating and unintentional pro-fascist narrative.

>unintentional pro-fascist narrative
wtf no

Kramer really went far on that one

Its not unintentional.

You are being manipulated by the film maker, he's showing you how propaganda works.

Look at the grammar of it. You're watching the film and these adverts keep popping up which are filled with ridiculous propaganda and then it goes back to the action.

By the end you've been seduced by the film, you want your rather improbably good-looking heroes to win.

And then the propaganda voice turns up and tells you'll they go on winning and maybe you should sign up yourself?

Congrats, he turned you into fascist cheering on a torturer in two hours (you weren't actually convinced by the back story were you? Its obviously nonsense).

It does kind of worry me that it seems harder and harder for people to understand this film.

wow

that

reddit

spacing

verhoeven's propagandized fascist society looks like a sjw utopia tho. a dumpy negress replaces the aryan guy as sky marshall ffs.

It is unintentional. It was meant as an anti-fascist polemic, that's why the propaganda is so over the top. Verhoeven thought that if he made everyone fit and beautiful and society functional then he would insulate his propaganda from the criticism that generic dystopian depictions get, and focus on the idea that a society that works great is pointless if all it works to do is perpetuate war.

>negress replaces the aryan guy as sky marshall
Look at the council behind her. All white. The new sky marshall is the same as the old one. A token puppet to take the blame if anything goes wrong.>Verhoeven thought that if he made everyone fit and beautiful and society functional then he would insulate his propaganda from the criticism that generic dystopian depictions get, and focus on the idea that a society that works great is pointless if all it works to do is perpetuate war.
You're half right. You see any homo sexuals in the movie user? You see any minorities? And what happened to the minorities?
One black chick fucks up and quits, one black guy literally whips the MC, one black chick gets her arm melted off, the beaner gets passed over for promotion and one black women becomes the token SkyMarshall, see above.
The eugenics reference in 'a license to have children', the only mention of religion being mormon 'extremists' who get their shit pushed in. It's a fantastic presentation of a fascist utopia and why the fuck am I explaining this when I told another user not to do it earlier in the thread fuck Im dumb.