Imperial VS Metric

>Americucks STILL defend the imperial system.

Why hasn't America changed to the superior metric system? Prove me the imperial system has benefits. Pro-tip-top-tippy: you can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7bUVjJWA6Vw
bipm.org/en/measurement-units/base-units.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this is the opposite of being cucked 2bh

Which country landed on the moon first ?

who cares honestly?

>Americucks STILL defend post-colonial federalism

Why hasn't America changed to superior sharia law? Prove me the federated republic has benefits. Pro-tip-top-tippy: insha'allah wa salami durka dickride idrinkcum

We do not change for you, you change for us. Now go to the theater and watch our movies and buy our products.

>1 post by this ID

Slide all you like, this isn't going away.

Not a benefit from the imperial system.

Doesn't even have an argument.

Not a benefit from the imperial system.

Nothing to do with a benefit from the imperial system.

Fahrenheit is the hipster unit of measurement.
>Full of itself and unnecessarily complex
>Requires absurd thinking to use it
>Only fags use it

Let's have a base 10 timing system to replace the archaic system we use now.

>60 Seconds in a minute
>60 minutes to an hour
>24 hours to a day
>7 days to a week

>28, 30 or 31 days for a month
>12 months to a year

We tried in the 70s.
Didn't work out.
It's a massive pain in the ass to have to teach everyone the new system and how it relates to the old one, and it would cost billions of dollars to switch all the labels.

Let me guess, OP just saw that trending youtube video about the metric system?

Link please. Didn't even know there was one.

>Pro-tip-top-tippy

Fucking Christ, stop trying so hard

youtube.com/watch?v=7bUVjJWA6Vw

Really made me think.

in order to do that they used metric m8

I suppose metric is better if all you do is measure your bulls cock all day Eurocucks. How's life in the cuckshed?

We need no argument in order to do as we please.

It's not like it's hard to understand the metric system, it's just remembering a few simple things.

But fuck simple, fuck base 10, and fuck you for whining about it all on Sup Forums.

>flew to usa to visit family
>flight was excellent, everyone was very polite
>waiting in the airport to pick up my rental car
>went for a coffee, had plenty of time before the pickup
>walk over to the hertz desk
>sign forms, credit card, pay, sign, etc
>"Now remember sir, we use the Imperial system here. The signs on the roads are in miles and tons."
>"Oh I know, we use the same thing in the UK"
>"Sir I need to warn you, we don't use the same measurements as you do. We use a different system. You must pay attention to your speed because it is not the same as Europe"
>explain again
>"We do not use kilometers here."
>she is now speaking very slowly and grinning
>ask for the manager
>he takes my word for it but doesn't look convinced

In four weeks the only genuinely stupid person I met.

USA didn't changed to metric system because IT IS TOO EXPENSIVE TO CHANGE
DO YOU EVEN KNOW DAMN
are americucks this dumb

why can't we use both?

lol.

I always assumed from watching Top Gear you folk used kilometers for distance and mph for speed. Which is odd, but I'm probably mistaken.

Also, US scientists USES THE METRIC SYSTEM
The government still uses the imperial system

Haven't seen this I've yet, kekd

I wish I cared about something as much as you idiots do about increments of measurement and circumcision

We basically do. Think of the imperial system as colloquial standards, metric is used in the realm of science for effective communication with others.

We are using both,
metric system in schools (generally science), in research, in technology (nanometer etc.), scientists. etc
The government uses the imperial system, that's the problem. The reason is that it's too expensive to switch to the metric system

this is why I love this dumb gay idiot place

It's ok, you'll find your passion in life some day.

Maybe you could rant against reboot culture or something.

>not wanting to use the IMPERIAL system like a true empire

I don't think it's really an issue, it can be annoying doing conversions but my cellphone does it quickly enough. We use metric for a lot of things actually, and I think ci for engine displacement has an awesome cultural feel for muscle cars. Seeing that 427ci badge gets me hard.

>Seeing that 427ci badge gets me hard.
Yeah, but if only that meant anything other than "gas guzzler, fast in straight line"

you forgot to put on your proxy friend

I'll be content as long as it's not arguing about menial concepts that are outside of my control on the Japanese cartoon King Pao pedophile secret underworld with strangers

and how about 427cc user?
Would that get you hard?

1) metric system is satanic.. you Hillary supporter

2) an inch is the size of the space between the creases in your finger

3) a foot is around the size of your foot

4) fuck the rest of the world. Next you'll try to take our guns :P

No one is fucking defending the imperial system you cuck, it's just too expensive to change.

See pic metric still hasn't made it there.

Why arent you using Base12 math by now?

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B

Twelve is divisible by 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, and itself...

#Dumbasses

And how about that time when NASA built a spacecraft and lost it because the "engineers" got retarded and used both the imperial and metric system user?

>> imperial

sound good to me faggot

Liberia and Burma also don't use the metric system you goy.

nasa uses metric
nice b8 tho

>a simple candlestick
>jewish menorah
>american "education"

Well there's no hope of that happening

Dodge viper ACR (8.4L V10) beat a Porsche 911 GT2 around nurburgring. It is currently the 7th fastest ever.

I quite like it. Nothing wrong with it if you've already got your head wrapped around it and mostly communicate with others that do as well.

It's not like people can't learn and use both, either.

There was a push to use metric, but the common person was unhappy with the change. No one wanted to adapt to the new system when they felt like the one they grew up with worked just fine. We still label everything in both metric and imperial, and pretty much any profession that involves any of the sciences uses metric. The trades use a mixture of the two. The common person in the US still uses imperial in day to day life, and you'd be hard pressed to get them to change.

Think of it like keyboard layouts. QWERTY was specifically made to slow down typists so they wouldn't jam mechanical type writers. There is no reason to use it now when there are other layouts that allow for faster typing and lower rates of developing arthritis, but QWERTY is what people are used to and no one wants to take the time to learn a new layout when it will take them weeks to adapt and get up to their previous typing speed.

Imperial system is red-pilled.
Metric system is dumbed down for dindus.

>implying

We offically use metric but I am 5 foot eight and weigh about eleven stone.
I regulate my driving speed in miles per hour, drink beer and milk by the pint, measure heat in Fahrenheit and my garden in acres.

Actually I dont even like Metric, though I dont like imperial either.

Distance measurement is too large:

For practicality Meters should be 1/2 as large as this is a more manageable size and offers more precision at the Centimeter and Millimeter level gradations.

Also there is a reason why the Cubit was a major unit of measurement historically - the average length from the Elbow to the tips of the fingers.

Which is in the neighborhood of 1/2 Meter length, and the Cubit was never fully standardized.

Also the Celcius degrees standard is equally too imprecise and should be based on Absolute Zero rather than the boiling point of water.

Set it to -700C and the freezing point of water to 0C as usual. Then you've got a more precise degrees measuring system that roughly equals Fahrenheit for the 100 degree mark (the point where human living becomes difficult).

Literally no one is whining but you big baby.

Wow... that... opened my eyes. Thank you user.

But user, we do; all the more reason to change to metric overall. I mean, I know most Americans are retarded as shit, but if they can do simple science using the metric system then it shouldn't be THAT hard.

What proxy? Just because I live in America doesn't mean I'm one. I'm a spic.

Plenty of gringos do. They get offended when they are challenged for being unable to use the UNIVERSAL metric system, which even we dumb spics know how to use.

>Implying they did scientific calculations during that operation using the imperial system.
See what I mean? You americucks are dumb as shit.

>US Customary Units
>Ess I
It's also an abbreviation you dummy. "système international".

>offers more precision at the Centimeter and Millimeter level gradations.
you can easily (I mean in any place that would sell drills and wood panels) find metal rulers graduated in half millimeters.

>the Celcius degrees standard is equally too imprecise and should be based on Absolute Zero rather than the boiling point of water.
It is actually an (exactly) 273,15 K offset from absolute 0.

bipm.org/en/measurement-units/base-units.html is nice