2001: A Space Odyssey

It has aged quite poorly.
The thread I tried to post previously got insta404-ed. Anyone know why?

Because youre an idiot.

>It has aged quite poorly.

>op is surprised a tech demo has aged quite poorly
are you dumb or just pretending?

40 years from now, this movie (which will be 90 years old) will have visually aged better than the newest cgi fest.

Better effects than everything until Terminator 2
Most scientific accuarate film ever, even with 4 complete decades of space stuff every 2 months
Ending is still discused

Really? Aged poorly?

This must be the 10th thread this week where someome complains about 2001 being shit. I'm starting to think it's the same guy who is making these threads.

>scientific accurate
>humans survive the lethal radiation cloaking the earth

Solyaris>space odissey
this is a fact.

Aged poorly my ass

It was never good, though. Not in 1968, not now.

>Humans
Only One

Fpbp

As Woody Allen said, "The First time I saw it, it was bad, the second got better, at the third, I, for the first time, felt that someone made something I will never be able to do"

>Woody Allen
a known hack so...

I hate Woody Allen physically, I dislike that kind of man. I can hardly bear to talk to him. He has the Chaplin disease. That particular combination of arrogance and timidity sets my teeth on edge. He is arrogant. Like all people with timid personalities, his arrogance is unlimited. Anybody who speaks quietly and shrivels up in company is unbelievably arrogant. He acts shy, but he’s not. He’s scared. He hates himself, and he loves himself, a very tense situation. It’s people like me who have to carry on and pretend to be modest. To me, it’s the most embarrassing thing in the world—a man who presents himself at his worst to get laughs, in order to free himself from his hang-ups.
Everything he does on the screen is therapeutic.

>I, for the first time, felt that someone made something I will never be able to do
That doesn't mean it's good or worth doing.

Already has

Alex please, just like those real moon landing photos right

Because you have to be 18+ to post on this board.

This is also my opinion exact.

It really don't, mayube in 100 years.

A lot of older movies, no matter how great they are, will be unwatchable to people raised on modern editing techniques. People can barely stand to watch pauses between sentences. Gotta edit that shit out! Too slow!

I saw this on 35mm print at my local arthouse theater and it was gorgeous. timeless masterpiece.

OP, you are a pleb and so is anyone that agrees with you. it's okay, though. 99.92% of all media products are made for your ilk's consumption. enjoy them and leave the rest alone.

The monkey intro and the acid trip at the end aged horribly. Every time I watch this movie I forget just how awful the sound is for the moneys and how incredibly long the acid trip is. Like nearly ruining it for me.

But the rest of the movie is amazing. I've seen it on a 70mm print in the theater. But if I ever watch it again I'm gonna have to make an user's cut of those two scenes.