Why did Japanese games evolve into a sophisticated art form dealing with mature themes but western games just stayed...

Why did Japanese games evolve into a sophisticated art form dealing with mature themes but western games just stayed shallow entertainment for children of gunmen saving the day from the baddies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VJ_aT4T89aU
youtube.com/watch?v=3jxn1sqAQ-c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

weeb games aren't mature, but i agree that western games are trash

I don't believe you. I am fairly certain they are "sophisticated" in the way that sheltered retards without real life experience would find them, just like with anime.

Anime is trash
Japanese media is trash

>games
>sophisticated art
Choose one, manbaby

Video games aren't sophisticated in the slightest. The game you posted is just catering to a different kind of casual audience to the western market.

Read a book, nigga. Start working on your literacy instead of wasting your time.

>video games
>sophisticated art form

Even capeshit is a more sophisticated art form

>games aren't art because i have only been exposed to western trash

ah yes

Rivers in a dry land
The last ace in a lost hand
When the hope of new beginnings burned our feet
Now we need it

Americans are scum so their games are shit

Euro games are just as shit

Western games are unfun, shit and not art, Jap games are fun, entertaining and not art, on average

Dating sims are the most sophisticated art there is

How can any creative medium not be art?

Runescape is unironically the best game ever made

American title games > European title games
American indie games > European indie games

We have butt-fucked you in both departments. Only the Japanese have ever somewhat competed with us in Video Games.

Yuros are so delusional.

>Latin Americans and slavs can't comment on games because you choose what you like on how free it is or how easy it is to pirate.

Yeah mate CoD is so great.

Then Western games are art too

I agree.

>implying
Look at this masterpiece. I think you can't even comprehend how genious the design is. By using shitty physics it actually lets you feel the desperation of the garbage man instead of introducing atrifical difficulty. You are struggeling just like he'd be in real life. This is the perfect form of simulation

>mature themes
>game
>mature

besides half a dozen (thats 6) titles there hasnt been any relevant title the last 10y

You just assume European games are American because they are set in the US don't you?

Only manchildren and backwards people consider videogames an art form. Surprisingly these kind of people are the most critical about Seurat, Picaso amd other modern artist

But why would every creative medium be art? At that point, art loses any meaning, since everything is art

grand theft auto is trash

American games are shit desu
I prefer Japanese games a thousand times over yours boring games

>he has never played an ultima game

Again how can a creative medium that is designed to get emotional reactions from the person experiencing the medium not be an art form?

Yes, everything is art. You might like Mozart a lot more than Taylor Swift but both are just as valid and the emotions felt by the people experiencing the music are just as valid.

>he pays for his games
anyway, Runescape is not just art, it's a masterpiece of a game.

It contains art but it is not art.
stale meme btw

Yes some videogames are art
But not all videogames are art
/thread this is ultimately the onlt thruth

Gameplay in Japanese games is more often than not irredeemable jank. Westerners do that part so much better

t. Retard that defend this behaviour and then complain on the shitty games that this behaviour produce

I'm sorry, but what does piracy cause?

Also, insinuating that a power of friendship series like Persona is mature in any shape or form is questionable at best

Why do Japs have such great music in their games?

youtube.com/watch?v=VJ_aT4T89aU

youtube.com/watch?v=3jxn1sqAQ-c
find me something comparable to this

That is worse than what I posted though

but japanese games are shit

>weeb games
hahaha virgin

Best girl