So Jack lost his sword for fifty years but all he had to do to get it back was sit down and meditate for a few hours

So Jack lost his sword for fifty years but all he had to do to get it back was sit down and meditate for a few hours

what the fuck

Approved.

so you say you have a sexual identity crisis but all you have to do is sit down and meditate for a few hours

The show turned out to be complete garbage, dont be surprised. "Based" Genndy putting a final nail in the coffin of western cartoons.

it's also bullshit that the sword left him because he killed a few goats that Aku had transformed into giant monsters trying to kill him

>lost his beard
I guess we won't get the King Jack ending.

Wow its almost like you've never seen the original show. But that couldn't be, right? I'm sure you're a fan of Samurai Jack.

i've seen all the episodes

it's lazy and you know it

well then what the fuck was jack doing for fifty years if he could've gotten his sword back at any time just by thinking about it

>i've seen all the episodes
Sure

How is it lazy? Because it doesn't do what you were hoping? What the fuck did you want? Jack didn't lose his sword, the sword abandoned him when he killed those goats. That's completely fitting with the tone of the show.

>being this dumb you can't see past the visual surface

must suck to be retarded

>I was a shitty nostalgia grab cartoon of poor quality

End it

No he couldn't have, because he's a broken mess of a man with some serious issues that he had to work through. Having Ashi pull him back from the brink the previous episode hammered in the point that Jack has incredible guilt and anger over being trapped in the future. He wasn't fit to wield the sword.

Why did the quality of the show drop off so steep after the first 4 episodes

Everything past episode 3 is a total mess, dont bother

Ashi ruined the entire season.

To understand zen, it may take you three seconds. It may take you 30 years.

I mean that

Jack's sword won't even let him kill monster goats that are trying to kill him? The sword does know its supposed to be a weapon that kills things, right?

so the sword left him because he killed some rabid giant goats in self defense?

What about that scene where Jack's father killed all those human beings when they attacked his family, dipshit. The sword didn't disappear then

"The choices we make, and the consequences that follow, are reflections of who you really are"

so jack says when he slaughters the daughters of aku, who were just as brainwashed as those goats. Self-defense is not a crime, it's a bullshit reason for jack to lose the sword and just seems like the writers phoned it in

No it didn't leave him because he killed some rabid goats in self defense

It left him because he killed some rabid goats out of anger and frustration

Why the fuck are you even arguing with people that think that every episode is 10/10.

Those shits come from Sup Forums to pollute other boards with their tiny brains. The show is shit and I guarantee its going to get bad reviews after this whole fiasco ends.

it took me 2 seconds, so you were wrong faggot

>so the sword left him because he killed some rabid giant goats in self defense?
Those were obviously innocent beasts corrupted by Aku. Jack could have figured out a way to stop them without killing them, but he was mad as hell and just killed them.

For fucks sakes, if you can't keep up with a cartoon, just kill yourself.

Not every episode was a 10/10, but this latest episode was fantastic and definitely one of the best this season.

He also had mentally given up on his purpose after the last portal was just destroyed

this

>but this latest episode was fantastic and definitely one of the best this season.

yeah! I liked the part where ashi just rekt the whole army! gurl is strong, dayum

epic cartoon!

How do people not get this?

I laughed at that part because I knew people would get triggered by it. Fuck off, it was an army of mooks and her mom gave her a whooping right after.

Jack could have saved them. They were innocent. But he went full-on REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Aku is going to create whatever time portal jack uses to get back to the past

screencap this post

Did a new episode just release?

I had a dream of the second to last episode of the season. Jack finds his sword in some battlefield and it was a trap by Aku. Then Aku resurrects the sisters, dons some samurai outfit, and takes the sword. Then I woke up.

They've been pulling this rushed, poorly written shit since the fourth episode.

It really does feel like Genndy originally wanted to keep the story focused on Jack, but for whatever reason decided to shoehorn Ashi at the last minute. The sheer drop in quality from episode 4 onwards compared to the first 3 is staggering.

Yes, new episode, and it has a fair bit of THICC

it wasn't because he killed those goats. it's because jack's rage and selfishness took over. once he finally confronted himself, he became "balanced" and able to have his sword.

>its a Sup Forums can't keep up with a children's cartoon show episode

It wasn't the meditation it was letting go of his anger and frustration,something he couldn't do until he left his suicidal thoughts and guilt.Its not even that complicated

Lots of people waste long periods of time over problems aren't that complicated or hard to solve. I'm sure people on this website can relate.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to think the show feels really rushed and sloppy. I've been in a bit of an echo chamber and all I hear was praise that I couldn't always agree with.

Just with this kind of story they are trying to tell, they should have pushed to get 50 minute long episodes because they are just rushing through character development so quickly. Ashi wanting to hear the truth from Jack came way too quickly for a character who just learned that everything they know is a lie.

i was surprised there was so much nostalgia for the old show. the pacing has always been wonky and the episodes were sometimes ripped completely from japanese media (but it's a 'homage' so it's fine to steal?)

He didn't lose the sword because of the goats. He lost the sword because he gave into anger and hatred.

At that point the Ghost Samurai Spirit started haunting him and his own Rage started haunting him. One was an external force keeping him from realizing the truth, the other was an internal force keeping him from realizing the truth.

It was a 2 vs 1 deal. While Jack could deal with either an external or internal conflict on his own, being tag teamed is what caused him to wallow in misery, and only through companionship was he able to overcome both. First, when faced with the sisters when the White Wolf came and gave him strength to continue, and second with Aishi who provided support to overcome. It's fucking basic stuff guys. The lesson is you can't carry a burden alone and Jack's stoicism and martyrdom were what crushed him. If, instead of fucking off by himself everytime he made an ally or saved someone, he instead slowly built a team of allies to help him overcome, he'd have finished this shit years ago.

But his YAMATO DAMASHI kept him from doing that.

>expecting a sequentially told story to be similar to a series comprised almost entirely of one shots that can be watched in any order

What does this mean? I keep seeing approved at the start of threads.

All threads must be approved by the mods before posting.

lol I am two weeks behind. The show lost appeal so I haven't been bothered.

go to bed alan.

Welp lads, now that the beard is gone I pretty much lost half the interest I had.

I like this interpretation

>drops the key to saving the universe down a whole
>doesn't bother to look for it for 50 years because he's mad he can't get to the past and he killed a few goats

Somebody actually wrote and animated this tripe.

You're making up a lot of stuff to justify this poor writing. Especially for bad episodes with plots that were done better in the earlier seasons.

Why does everyone assume he lost it 50 years ago, most likely it was sometime more recently (say a few years or so) than that, since Aku never found out that entire time.

>doesn't bother to look for it for 50 years because he's mad he can't get to the past and he killed a few goats
He did look for it, he said he couldn't find it. The sword abandoned him because he let rage take himself over and became unbalanced.

Can't tell if trolling or haven't been paying attention to easily-followed plot.

Are you stupid? How is that episode even relevant in this discussion, other than it had evil Jack counterpart in it?

Now that you put it like that this is an asspul.

When it comes to Jack's sword that isn't the first time the mysticism around it has been acknowledged, remember, in the ultrabots episode he prayed to ancients smiths and got the necessary power to slice through the last one.

>goats
they're sheep, you urbanized nu-male

I'll spoonfeed you then. Only when he got to the bottom he realized he didn't lose the sword, the sword left him. LotR one ring -style (kinda).

He didn't understand this earlier, which is why he didn't know to meditate.

Tara Strong ruins everything she touches. If something isn't 100% centered around her character, it either gets changed, or a new main character shows up voiced by her.

Nope the PORTALS are closed. Jack will die killing Aku and aishi will live on as the new samurai eradicating what evil is left of the world.

Just what I wanted, Samurai Jack becoming the Tara Strong Show starring Tara Strong.

>the sword leaves Jack because Jack is pissed off that he's spend decades having his journey repeatedly ruined
>Aku, literally evil itself, wielded it for half an episode
>Jack, literally possessed by literally evil itself, killed almost an entire community of lizard people with the sword

She She
She She She
Samurai Ashi
No patriarchy!

It's called depression. It's not an easy thing without help.

So what was the point of bringing Scaramouch back just to nix him not even a minute later? That was a real slap in the face to the viewers. Then they give Jack his sword back next episode solidifying that scars moment literally meant nothing but to make a dick joke.

He was probably the most interesting character even if Yale University says he's a bad stereotype of the gays

Jack used to do that shit every goddamn episode, and she's been trained her whole life to be a savage killing machine.

I see literally no reason why Ashi soloing the army is out of place considered the tone and setting of the show.

He's probably meant to tell Aku that Jack doesn't have the sword so Aku explosively zooms across the planet to come down on Jack's ass not knowing that he just got the sword back.

>He was probably the most interesting character even if Yale University says he's a bad stereotype of the gays

Don't forget they also said Gendy shouldn't be writing about samurai because he is a white male. (even though he's a progressive left numale)

You can't win with the left

>Jack savagely jumped around cutting fuckers up and got his shit pushed in covered in scars
>Ashi literally pushed hundreds of burly orcs down an entire curving trail

wait why would they even say he was gay? he's a classic showbiz guy

The English Army is just that weak.

She also catches arrows mid-air and has been shown (along with her sisters) to be able to punch hard enough to shatter armor, and be strong enough to heft that bigass rock she used to shield Jack.

Aku never got the message dude.

he's still on his way there

>even though he's a progressive left numale
Gendy? Since when?

I don't know why everyone is getting so triggered by Ashi beating that army as if it was so feminist agenda, when it was also made very clear that Jack is stronger than her.

Kill yourself, fucking little retard. Your shit will be blown to hell at some point. We're outside waiting for you.

2 > 1 > 3 > 7 > 4 > 5 > 6

I fucking hate the scene where Ashi fucks up the army completely unarmed
I mean shit nigga, Jack had to fuck around with traps and shit when the robot army attacked the dog miners in the first few episodes and this fucking ninja girl just slamdunks them around

>He was probably the most interesting character even if Yale University says he's a bad stereotype of the gays
Don't forget they also said Gendy shouldn't be writing about samurai because he is a white male.

Wait what? Not that I don't believe it happened but can anyone provide a link to this?

she did break a couple of spears and throw them back at them

>Those shits come from Sup Forums to pollute other boards with their tiny brains
True story, someone linked to a samurai jack thread there yesterday and I browsed it for like an hour before I realized I was on another board. The only difference was higher bump limit and higher level of discourse. I don't know about the rest of the board, but I seriously doubt it's shittier than Sup Forums.

Bottlenecking. They were fighting on a narrow cliffside.

Well the reason he didn't keep contact with said allies was cause he wanted to go to the past asap, not spend 50 years in the future.

I can't remember the last time i saw people go from furiously circlejerking something to outright hating it.

Genndy must have really fucked up.

I thought the last episode was pretty okay, but would have been much better if they focused on Jack in his meditations and got rid of the whole orc army thing.

If it was just Ashi vs her mother, it would have been complete kino.

You can't dispute this.

first day on Sup Forums?

No? nu-Sup Forums hates everything good.

>point out that there's been a sharp decline in quality after the third episode, and Ashi brings nothing meaningful for there to be so much focus on her in a short 10 episode season
>standard responses from fanboys is I must be gay, or sexist

well?
are you a sexy gay?

I miss Sym Biotic Titan more

My guess is that Ashi's purpose (other than being a romantic interest) will be as a foil to bring out Jack's guilt/conflict when he eventually gets the opportunity to go back in time (erasing the future and Ashi along with it.

>nu-Sup Forums hates everything good.
>Genndy must have really fucked up.
pick one

circle jerking over things then turning their back on them is what Sup Forums is known for

I'd say saving Jack from sudoku is meaningful role, and her role is not over yet. Did they drag it out too much? Yes. Was the last episode kino? Absolutely. If you didn't like the THICC and the battle with the orcs, you are a sexist homo.

>implying the sword Jack's dad used to kill those thugs is the same sword forged to fight Aku and other beings.
If you've actually watched the show you'd know that Jack's dad kept the magic sword on a display pedestal until Aku returned.

Remember this shit?

They sure don't

Because they are fucking retarded Disney brats that need everything explained to them in plain terms and subtly and implied themes flies directly over their heads.

A FOOLISH CIS WHITE MALE

>but it's a 'homage' so it's fine to steal?
Yes, that's what an homage is. Good artists borrow, Great ones steal

It's really the Sup Forums faggots who have nothing in their life but western cartoons and "HYPE DUDE." They have to convince every fiber of their being that the show they're watching is the best thing ever because after it ends it will be another 5 years before there is a cartoon worth watching. Also lots of waifufaggotry cancer.

>I can't remember the last time i saw people go from furiously circlejerking something to outright hating it.
Get swchifty

>tfw Jack will kill Ashi and Aku and went mad.
>Jack is immortal thanks to Aku Time Curse
>After went Mad he will rule the world
>He will turn into Aku after his madness
>He gather enough power to went back on time. and try to kill Jak/Himself in his village.
>He failed and send Himself in the Future.
>There Ride Never ends.

>wait why would they even say he was gay? he's a classic showbiz guy
>classic showbiz guy
>gay
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE!

name 5 non-cartoon shows that are on the air right now that are worth watching