List the top 5 or 10 non-english movies you've watched in the last year

List the top 5 or 10 non-english movies you've watched in the last year.

I want some foreign kino in me.

approved

At Home Among Strangers
The 400 Blows
High and Low
Ikiru
Bicycle Thieves
Ballad of a Soldier
Harakiri
Ugetsu
Hidden Fortress
The Seventh Seal

>tfw I have literally not heard of a single one of those.
Shit nigga, onto the recommended list they go.

white god

>pleb can only name 1
It wasn't even that good. Muh allegory for discrimination, please.

only bothered naming one when I noticed this faggot (you) listed seventh seal as a 'foreign language film' and OP lists 'lives of others' entry grade af, figured this is about the level you plebs are at

blue is the warmest color

Literally every movie I've seen in the past 12 months was made in america. I don't think I've ever see a film made in england.
1. Ted 2
2. The unbreakable sequel
3. Logan
4. Get out
5. Carol

OP is clearly someone who is new to cinema, so why would I list movies that aren't entry level? Posting a Bresson movie or something that he wouldn't be able to enjoy would turn him off from cinema.

Your Name
My Life as a Zucchini
Dead Snow 2
The Wages of Fear
Long Way North
Headhunters
The King's Choice

so don't give me shit about white god, you listed fucking hidden kingdom and OP is like
>WOW never seen these
come on son
tbqh I only like it for that scene

HAHA
TIME FOR BLEAK KINO
>flashing lights
>the green butchers
>old men in new cars
>adam's apples
And "the kingdom" for some weird twin peaks with a hospital setting.

>implying I watch anything that can't be memed about
You don't actually enjoy film as a medium, do you?

I-I wouldn't exactly call myself new to cinema, I'm certain I watch more stuff than your average person, but older stuff kinda puts me off is all and that list of yours was all older stuff.

Close Up (Iran)
Tristana (Spain)
Sacro Gra (Italy)
Red Desert (Italy)
El club (Chile)

I'm chilean, and national cinema has been pretty good lately. Some films off the top of my head:

Neruda
El Club
Rara
A Fantastic Woman

Also, some foreign movies:

Holy Motors
The Hunt (Jagten)
La Mala Educacion
Goodbye Lenin!

>A Fantastic Woman

SJW crap

Tesis (Pure kino and it's right up Sup Forums's alley, the male lead is /ourguy/
Abre los ojos
A bunch of Dardenne films. I need to watch more Belgian stuff. Talking about the Dardennes, what do you think of The Unknown Girl? I haven't watched it yet but i've read that is their weakest work so far.
The Virgin Spring, for some reason it took me this long to watch it. And for some even more stupid reason i didn't know the "spring" in the title was talking about a water spring kek

bump

You probably also want some foreign dicks in you kinotard

they make foreign movies?

shit nigga back to the leddit you a go

Why the fuck did you post in this thread then?

1. Knife In the Water - polanski's first film, he made it in poland, really tense atmosphere
2. Sin Nombre - Fukunaga's first film, deals with mexican gangs and some boy trying to escape his criminal life, really good, kino
3. Jiro dreams of Sushi, documentary about the best sushi master in japan, foodkino
4. The Lives of Others, only good german film to come out in the 21st century and i don't count haneke since he's austrian...

Tesis sounds like it's a film right up my alley, thanks for the rec senpai! will watch it today.
i loved 8mm and always wanted to see another film that explores that world, tesis looks exactly like that...
how is open your eyes by the same director?

Kolja
Kagemusha
Vengeance Is Mine
Handmaiden
Persona

I plan to go through French New Wave and Tarkovsky in summer.

Trainspotting
Trainspotting 2
The Wind Rises
Audition
House (Hausu)

Watch some Danish kino.
Adam's apples
Idiots
Birthday
The hunt
Dogville

pusher 1, 2 (maybe not 3) - marathon tier

Oh dayum!

>Wake In Fright
>PIckpocket
>The Man Who Sleeps
>Embrace of the Serpent
>The Wages of Fear
>Man Bites Dog
>The Vanishing (Spoorloos)
>Leviathan
>The Celebration
>Wild Tales

Also if you liked The Lives of Others check out The Conversation if you haven't already

Magical Girl
Michael (2011)
Marshland
Le Fils
Le Cercle Rouge

It's been quite some time since I watched them but every now and then I think about them.

>I don't think I've ever see a film made in england.

That's impressive, but you're missing out on a lot. Just a couple of recommendations off the top of my head:

Kill List
This Is England

I've been learning French so I think every foreign film I've seen has been French:
Mommy
La Vie En Rose
Rust & Bone
Amélie
Les Intouchables
Le diner des cons
La femme nikita
2 Days 1 Night

What the fuck has happened to Sup Forums.
Like five years ago, you would have said "Fuck you shitcunt" and now you're explaining yourself, what the fuck.

Also, watch A Dragon Arrives!, pretty good.

kino list, i need to watch wages of fear, how does it compare to Sorcerer? i fucking love sorcerer but i don't think the french original will have the fantastic visuals that friedkin achieved.

The Yellow Sea
Death By Hanging
Train to Busan
The Handmaidens

Brother
It's a Russian movie about the gangster culture of the 90s. It was made in the 90s on a $20,000 budget. It's really good though

Haven't watched as many as I normally do this year, but here goes:

Memories of Murder
Pan's Labyrinth
The Handmaiden
A Prophet
Amour

you only need to watch withnail and i, no other british film ever came or will come close to it...

>in the last year
Why?

I recommend La Haine and C'est arrivé près de chez vous.

Sorcerer is a pretty good remake actually yes, but the actual sense of tension is much better executed in The Wages of Fear imo, and as I remember Sorcerer has a pretty weak first act in comparison.
You should enjoy it if you enjoyed Sorcerer.

you're right, the first act of sorcerer was a bit weak, especially the character's backstories in the first half hour were unnecessary and dragged too long, that french guys backstory confused me a bit, but i admit, it was a pretty adventurous decision by friedkin to do the backstories that way. he should've just made the flashbacks shorter.

M
Metastaze
Delicatessen
Stalker
Bicycle Thieves
The Seventh Seal
Persona
Goodbye Lenin
ACAB
The Mirror

>pusher 1, 2 (maybe not 3)
why skip the best one in the trilogy?

No one outside of the Balkans can particularly enjoy or appreciate Metastaze because of the specific subject matter so it's really not a good film to recommend in general.
H-8 would be a better croatian film recommendation.

sava krpa sava frende, kak ce to amer skuzit

Eh, I thought the 2nd with Mads was the best. Didn't really give a fuck about the character in the first one and definitely don't care enough about the drug dealer to watch the 3rd one.

bump

oba filma su govno, dbi

Have some russian Кинo

>The Thief (Pavel Chukhrai, 1997)
>Ballad of a Soldier (Grigori Chukhrai, 1959)
>The Cranes Are Flying ( Mikhail Kalatozov, 1957)
>Dead Man's Letters (Konstantin Lopushansky, 1986)
>Hardcore Henry (Ilya Naishuller, 2015)
>Hamlet (Grigori Kozintsev, 1964)
>Bed and Sofa (Abram Room,1927)