Thoughts?

Thoughts?
Predictions?
Also why didn't Tagomi just give Wegener's nuke secrets to the nip scientist personally in season 1?
And why is Obergruppenführer Smith literally the best character in the show along with Tagomi?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Nazi_Party
youtube.com/watch?v=6AsaYgevVto
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

approved

>tagomi
that would implicate himself
>why is Smith god-tier
cause writing and rufus is based af
>predictions
hopefully less dimension hopping and more of europe and Rommel

>tfw you will never live in the glorious United Reich of America

>ywn get to run a concentration camp in the glorious American reich

its the Greater Nazi Reich you fucking traitor

HAHA LOL DRUMPHF IS LITERALLY ACTUALLY HITLER

>Predictions?
depends on how close they stay to the source material. they'll have to start getting into the "inner truth" which is where shit gets really weird. only tagomi uses the i ching so far and more people will start using it too because its a major plot device. they'll drag out joe/juliana pot forever. they changed so much, really sucks that tagomi didn't get to be the 'gunslinger.'

Fuck off. This is one of the few good shows being made. Also John Smith >>>>> Drumpf.

Anybody else got chills on this scene?

its was great, we need more of this in s3

>the only white dad on TV who isn't a drug addict/drunk/buffoon is a literal Nazi
Pretty great show so far. Actually showing what would be good/bad even though it's got the muh holocaust lens. Surprised out how everyone gets a fair shake whether it's the rebels or the Nazi General family man. Shit they even gave Uncle Adolf a lot of sympathetic screentime.

>the SS Headquarters in NYC is on land confiscated from the Rothschilds where the UN HQ would be
So many great little touches like that. There must be some actual William Pierce level Nazis working on the show.

I turned it off halfway through the pilot. It looked cheap and was kinda boring

>reddit spacing
>show is boring
why am I not surprised

Goodnight, sweet prince.
29 October 1897
1 May 1945 (aged 47)

stop trying to blend in redditor its not working

I don't watch this show, but I might.

Please answer me these two simple questions:
1) What happened to Hitler in this show?
2) Who is the eponymous man in the high castle?

Thank you.

Rest easy Joseph-kun.

He still lives user, we just haven't seen him
also RIP kinomaker you were taken from us too soon

1. Hitler is still alive but very old
2. a man who 'makes anti-reich propaganda films' about the allied victory

as long as u stop with that retarded fucking leddit spacing, don't really give a fuck what you think kid

He lives and Reinhard Heydrich somehow survived the Czech assassination attempt.

There are a lot of Hitler scenes. Himmler is the de-facto Fuhrer since Hitler is old and spends his time painting in Austria. Gorring was executed for trying usurp power in a meme takeover after Hitler fainted a decade ago so no one fucks with the whole order of succession.

The Man In The High Castle in the philosophical is probably Hitler himself since Hitler is trying to collect all the films to watch for himself, but the Man himself is the guy making the films. Hitler wants him tracked down since he knows if people see what the world is like when he lost they might...actually this world sucks so I don't know what he's thinking.

Czech Assassination attempt never happened since the British got invaded by Germany and the OSS never got formed, so the Czech rebels never existed to assassinate him.

1.) Hitler is alive but the Nazi leaders are having infighting.
2) It's two people. The first guy collects films from other timelines where axis and allied powers won/ didn't win. He is the main resistance to Hitler. It also refers to Hitler too who lives in a High Castle and also collects films from the parallel universes.

t. Never watch the show

Interesting.
>2. a man who 'makes anti-reich propaganda films' about the allied victory
For what purpose? To inspire some sort of a resistance or something?
Or would that be a major spoiler?
> guy collects films from other timelines where axis and allied powers won
Oh, ok.

I tried to explain in in a non spoiler way, but yes it's alternate timelines

why don't you just watch the show instead of asking asinine questions?

Yeah just check the show out. The worldbuilding is really great, the characters are all sympathetic and except for a few slower episodes the intrigue and characters keep you coming back.

Is it handled well? The sci-fi stuff, I mean. I was hoping the show would not go down this road...

I was on the fence about watching it. I don't mind spoilers if they save me from disappointing reveals. It's not like I watch TV shows exclusively for plot twists, anyway.

Yeah, might check it out despite the sci-fi stuff.
Also, I just realized this is no Sup Forums. Wew, lad.

The only sci-fi stuff is the alternate sequence of historical events. Like the Nazis have rocket-concordes but that's a plane that really exists, it just existed earlier because of Nazi R&D. Also the Nazis are the only ones with nukes since Roosevelt got gassed during his first presidential campaign.

The show doesn't really get the sci-fi/ interesting stuff till the later part of Season 1.

>I was hoping the show would not go down this road...

if they stay close to the book there's way more sci fi. the nazis have actually advanced space travel enough that ships can travel incredible distances quickly, so much so that the moon, mars, and venus are colonized

That's fucking retarded though. It would be Grossdeutsches Reich which is Greater German Reich. The Nazis never called themselves Nazis and never would.

I'm seriously worried about s3 because the way things have been going for Smith I think he's going to turn to the resistance because of his son

mark my words, that's how this show is going to redeem him to "make up" for the positive portrayal of a Nazi leader

yea I know it bugs me too, only explanation I can think of is, everyone else called them nazi's and in the end they just owned it, still dumb

I'm worried that season was only so based because they had to string together a plot after their show-runner bailed. Now the Bosch guy is in charge.

Suddenly the resistance are going to be moral crusaders forgetting completely about the pety bombings and attempts to start fucking WW3 that they pulled and Smith is gonna either go full Nazi and they will commit to making him a villain or he will become the lowest of cucks and betray the Reich.

I really want that smug film collecting kook to get blown out next season. he is obviously just manipulating Juliana.

new show runner so we'll know by ep 1 or 2 if wel still have perfect world kino or its gone to shit

>predictions
??
was there an announcement for a third season?

yes before season 2 even finished

So after the events of the last season, is it alright to say that the war between Germany and Japan wouldn't push through?
The Japanese suffered a pretty big blow, with most of their military leadership being blown up and the Germans aren't probably too keen on going through with their plans after what Obergruppenfuhrer Smith showed them + the power change that comes with removing the acting chancellor. Who would replace him though?

I doubt it. Remember that he defended death camps to Rudolph in Season 1.

Alexa looked perfect in CoR and Angel, now she still looks cute but she won't look as young as she did
;__;

yes but the point that the show is obviously making that it's easy to repeat the party's talking points on these things UNTIL it happens to you

Why am I wound up by normies celebrating Hitler's death anniversary on twitter?

love the show

watched a few aftershow things, and two whole seasons in, the american's still aren't getting the point that the nazi's are just people

trying to justify liking john smith because "he's not a real nazi, he's an undercover double agent for the resistance" and stuff like that

there are members of the resistance that claim to be fighting for good who are much worse.. supporting the resistance at this point is analogous to supporting walter white into season 4

there are good nazis and bad nazis, they're fucking people, it's not nazi=bad.. Hitler and the guy playing him was amazing in this show and Himmler not a bit worse

Oppengruppenfuhrer still uber alles though

My waifu is better than yours

> The Nazis never called themselves Nazis and never would.
hmmm, really makes you think...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Nazi_Party

>founded 1959

>American Nazi Party

Literally looped it 9 times.

>the only other davalos waifufaggot is a phoneposter

>le Smith is le based
>killed an innocent doctor

god i hope frank stays dead

Yes. Weird how it made you root for the nazis and cheer almost during this scene

>t. some autistic Sup Forums poster who would probably be sent to a camp or worse for being a degenerate

well, it's becuase himmler announces that ww3 was averted. why wouldn't you cheer

Ya but this show almost makes you dislike the japs and Rebels

I haven't skimmed through the show yet, but is the explanation for the Axis victory handed through ridiculous events like in Dick's novel?

>somehow we managed to beat the Soviet Union and supply lines never became a problem xD
>uh and Sealion somehow worked but please don't ask why :)
>oh, and Rommel blitzed through Egypt somehow and that was enough to win the war
The novel's alright, but it's so blatant about it that it was written in the 1980s when this was how people thought of WWII.

It'd be interesting if they reworked them into something more realistic, like Stalin being ursuped by his generals in 1941 or 1942, or France pumping their entire production into Axis war industry, or Midway working like Yamamoto had intended, or Hitler lending an ear to what Dönitz envisioned for the war in the Atlantic.

t. a faggot

Fuck krautus

You realize the show is set in America?

Wasn't it that they just nuked the enemy a la Hiroshima and Nagasaki? The enemy probably unanimously surrendered after the bombing.

>implying you're supposed to support the Japs and rebels

it doesn't matter how the axis won because in the end none of it is "real" anyways when juliana discovers what the "inner truth" is. if you want a more plausible alternate history there's a ton of books that do it better.

That was only against the USA. Otherwise, they had the allies beat on every other theater through military means, though I don't really remember whether they'd also nuked Russian hideouts in the Urals.

Yah, I guess. Anyways, WWII alternate history is always easy scoff at since it would've been pretty implausible for the Axis to beat the Allies. Nothing I really want to seriously get into.

this is me Just one question why didn't alexa get more work in her prime? She has jewish heritage I don't see any other obstacles stopping her so why?
I enjoyed mob city but that got cancelled
Was pic related any good? She still looks young in this

no idea, maybe she fucked up on the sabbath or something, everyone else from angel got some work, not her tho

I think the main part is that FDR was assassinated and this eventually results in usa being less involved in europe

i think The Smith join the resistance in season 4

I think he's too loyal. He was prepared to take a bullet for his loyalty to hitler

>it was written in the 1980s
You meant sixties right?

loyalty to family above loyalty to reich values though

Is it better than the book?

Yah, just picked it up again, and you're right.

Also Himmler turned out to be a pretty standup guy.

They show Hitler with a ton of the films, I think it's implied that they allowed him to win the war by seeing the timelines where he lost.

Where can I see this?

I like that lebensborn chick more than Davalos

yeah but the doctor was nazi scum so who cares?

Have you seen her in Angel and CoR?

Is the show worth watching? Is it very obviously anti-nazi? (I would prefer something neutral)

>le nazis are bad becase my teacher told they were bad in 6th grade

JUST

Will Smith not stick up for him?

I think he's still going to be a villain. The stuff with his son was just there to humanize and complicate him.

There are no niggers in the Reich.

You fucking idiot.

Either go watch the show or ignore it.

you...never heard of the nazis before 6th grade? or did you hear about them but only from people who didn't speak about them in negative terms? are you thai or something?

surprised me when I heard her speak with an australian accent in interviews

>Is it very obviously anti-nazi?
no, one of the most popular characters is a nazi and Hitler and Himmler are both treated well by the show as characters

Greetings, fellow Anglo

I like this show, but does anyone else find the dialogue to pretty lackluster?

youtube.com/watch?v=6AsaYgevVto

S3 Predictions

Joe and Juliana will bang this season

John won't turn into a rebel but he will do something to help them so his son can live

Tagomi will still be mystic meg

Frank is still alive (unfortunately)

Anybody else think Kido is based too? Loved his scenes with the general.

Yea his scenes with Smith were great too