/nba/ - /moocrew/ Edition

Kelly Oubre's new album slaps sub edition.

UTA:Rudy Gobert continues his hot stretch in win
UTA:Donovan Mitchell scores 23 points in victory
POR:C.J. McCollum nets 29 points in win over CLE
CLE:LeBron James posts 35-14-6 line in loss
CLE:Kyle Korver scores 19 points with three treys
DEN:Nikola Jokic puts up a 23-point triple-double
DEN:Jamal Murray scores 26 points in win
DEN:Gary Harris (right leg) will have an MRI
SA:Dejounte Murray (ankle) exits late Thursday
SA:Danny Green blocks career-high six shots
MEM:Tyreke Evans scores 25 points with five treys
HOU:Clint Capela notches career-high six blocks

Also Jason Terry destroyed LeBron in the Finals and forever proven why LeBron will never be better than Jordan or Kobe.

Attached: Kelly Oubre.jpg (250x250, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8g0BIqUVSZQ
espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22787218/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-says-misses-having-injured-kevin-love-playing-alongside-him
infogram.com/wilt-chamberlains-finals-stats-by-series-1g957przxzdvm01
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for King James.

Alright, who rec'd me Chance you little shit, that's one hour of my life I'm never getting back

nurkic btfo

Attached: bc4faba7659a304ef533b1eb5c3fbe75.jpg (800x1199, 129K)

If you don't like Coloring Book or Ultralight Beam then you just don't like him.

No shame in not liking an artist.

Only one of these players won the game.

Guess who it was? Hint: He didn't blow a wide open layup down 5 with less than 30 seconds left.

LeBron needs more help, you can't expect him to win with these nobodies.

pretty amazing the way he can still ball at his age...

Kelly Oubre is my husband do not post him without my permission bitch

What did he mean by this?

>listening to le backpack gospel rapper

everything he's done before and after acid rap is garbage.

topkek

Also Chance isn't RYM-core.

I pull up in the drop top she drop dead

Is this still the opinion? People were clamoring about that trade that made them younger and more athletic. But i don't get why the talk isn't just... The Warriors and the Rockets are literally way more talented then any team in the east. And the aren't even better then the Celtics or Raptors prolly even Philly... They have no chance and LeBron gonna have to leave if he wants to win again.

>Is this still the opinion?
No, the opinion not from /nba/ sensationalists is that the Cavs are down 4 starters / 3 + 1 rotation piece.

Can someone tell me how the warriors are going to win in the finals with all these injuries?

Why do casuals thinking Steph Curry is better than Kevin Durant

Rapties tbqh

Attached: my_rapties.jpg (1280x720, 196K)

Blazers take it this year. Screen cap this

This picture is pure kino. Or should I say pure dino :)

These """injuries""" are just part of the NBA storyline

Same reason with Lebum's team """imploding"""

Gotta push the Raptors and Rockets but when postseason starts the Warriors and Celtics will be healthy and both Houston and Canada will disappear in the playoffs again

Lebum's team will sweep until the second round where they will lose 1 or 2 games max

The best team since the all star break and still no love.
>they'll never learn

Attached: believe3.jpg (5455x3634, 2.43M)

>mfw I rated the Blazers and Pelicans when no one did

Attached: 1442840539054.jpg (366x329, 13K)

How does Lue let a player yell at him like this? Does he even have a spine?

youtube.com/watch?v=8g0BIqUVSZQ

the blazers would unironically be the best team in the nba if they traded for marc gasol during the break

Attached: IMG_20170905_224507.jpg (1920x2560, 797K)

TANKATHON UPDATE

Attached: F0992A5A-C572-4217-A6D2-143534DCC84E.jpg (750x947, 260K)

I'm not sure Gasol is much of an improvement over Nurkic though. Dame and Nurks chemistry has got a lot better as the season goes on and it would take awhile for Mark to get there. Gasol is also slow to get back on D, not that Nurk is really fast or anything, but the game is changing and Gasols skill set is going the way of the dinosaur.

Attached: jrock2.jpg (556x619, 203K)

Does anyone actually think Trae Young is good?

I kind of do....

Does anyone actually think Doncic won't be a bust?

Eh. He DOES have a higher talent ceiling than Ball.

Why though? He's proven to be inefficient, takes really bad shots, his 3s are inconsistent and he's a shooter. His 3% isn't even that good to begin with.

>watch Cavs game highlights
>LeBron played like a beast
>they lost
Will this meme end when Love comes back?

Attached: rachel-cook-s.jpg (1080x1349, 264K)

>>watch Cavs game highlights
>>LeBron played like a beast
>>they lost
>Will this meme end when Love comes back?

No. Bron is going to continue stuffing his stats and defer back to blaming K.Love when they lose.

the reality is Wilt chucked his teams out of games until the end of his career when he finally learned how to play basketball. People make shit up in their heads about this guy because of crazy anecdotes and numbers.

His prime offensive production is most comparable to prime Jerry Stackhouse, just with many more possessions per game.

This is not a joke or exaggeration.

>Prime Stackhouse 36 points per 100 pos 52% TS

>Prime Chamberlain 50ppg 53% TS

The average NBA team in the 1960's had over 130 possessions a game and wilt played all 48 minutes. So you do the math.

>1045 games played
>499 games won
>47%

why are nba players so laughably bad at making music? do they want us to laugh at how illiterate and retarded they are?

Link to the Kelly Oubre slappers?

he's not prove to be inefficent you little brainlet. Not as a shooter, he turns it over a lot but his team is pure ass.

Ever heard of world famour artist Dame Dolla you uncultured retard? His flow almost rivals Kendrick Lamar’s DAMN

Do you even know what inefficient means? He's fucking shit. You literally just admitted he turns it over a lot.

Maybe it's because they're basketball players who focus on their sport rather than their hobbies. Someone sounds insecure

so with smart out, celtics are first round exit

Celtics were first round exists regardless. Biggest frauds in history of the nba.

I think they would've been 2nd round. Maybe.

Making music is fun and has merit even if you suck at it.

Have you ever had a hobby?

When Love comes back and they lose, they'll just blame him

espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22787218/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-says-misses-having-injured-kevin-love-playing-alongside-him

HAHA DAMIAN LILLARD HAS NEVER PLAYED WITH ALL STAR LEBUM BTFO

as a Canadian you have huge experience with frauds since you have two in toronto

>Lebum's team will sweep until the second round where they will lose 1 or 2 games max

imagine actually being this delusional. LeBrick is sweeping nobody

>and he's a shooter. His 3% isn't even that good to begin with.
?

rapties + kablammy sticks!!@!!

Attached: 1506546173034.png (607x582, 36K)

>His prime offensive production is most comparable to prime Jerry Stackhouse, just with many more possessions per game.

This is a stupid thing to say.

One of the fundamental aspects of basketball is that there's an inverse relationship between the number of shots you take, and how efficient you can be with those shots. For every additional shot that a player takes, in general, it becomes harder for him to score as efficiently. So just from the start, being able to score equally efficiently on many more FGAs is a big deal.

Also, a quarter of Stackhouse's shots over his career were worth 3 points, which generally helps a player's efficiency (Stackhouse was also a much better free throw shooter than Wilt, but that's a problem with Wilt). Wilt was much better than Stackhouse at actually converting on 2-point shots.

And it's not limited to Wilt. This is also one of the things that makes MJ the GOAT - MJ wasn't the most efficient scorer ever, but he was by far the best ever at being able to maintain that production even while taking a million shots.

>
god's plan bros... can't believe we've gotten this far...

OK lets compare MJ to Wilt in their prime

MJ 46 points per 100 pos 61% TS
Wilt estimated 36 points per 100 pos 53% TS

Wilts per 100 calculated using that years NBA average 130 possessions per game and 50ppg

This shit isn't even close. With Stackhouse the comparison is still valid becuase their volumes are both incredibly high for their era and result in similar per 36.

KD is sitting tonight with sore ribs, Klay and Steph are still out, but Draymond will play

Are the Warriors actively trying to get the 2 seed

>HOU:Clint Capela notches career-high six blocks
IT'S HABBENING

Attached: tex-rox.jpg (335x375, 37K)

To be clear: I'm definitely not saying that Wilt was better than MJ, I think MJ was clearly the GOAT, he was better than Wilt in general and he was better than Wilt at volume scoring. I'm just saying that this was a somewhat similar skillset that they possessed.

with regards to Stackhouse, just saying that their volumes were high for their era and result in similar per 36 does a poor job at capturing what they were actually doing in the context of their eras. Chamberlain did actually take more shots, and he did actually score more, despite Stackhouse being able to shoot 3-pointers. Even just purely in terms of scoring and buckets, setting aside any other aspect of their games, Chamberlain was significantly better.

literally imagine if we never met the broskis

Attached: jack_armstrong.jpg (404x287, 18K)

You honestly don't need much to beat the Kings.

Chamberlain was better than Stackhouse in scoring, it's true. But the fact that metrics put him with Stackhouse and nowhere close to the GOAT scorers confirms the evidence we already have that he was really inefficient compared to other all time greats and that his inefficiency made him a losing basketball player for the majority of his career.

The funny part of it all is Wilt wasn't inefficient the floor. He lead them league in FG% many times. But he shot so poorly from the line and was hacked so much.

He was going to the line over 15 times a game in his prime and shooting around 50%. Free throws are a part of basketball and if you can get beat just by getting fouled you are not an all time great.

I’m glad Molden Slate has been making it easy for us this year

Attached: DB762318-76C5-48EC-A432-583A9285B3F5.jpg (1242x1231, 1.14M)

If the NBA changed to a one and done playoff series college basketball would die

Terrible idea, series playoffs are the best part about the NBA

Inb4 suns 5th pick

So while we're arguing about Wilt, who do you think was the better player, Wilt or Hakeem? I'm going with Hakeem.

>made him a losing basketball player for the majority of his career

I'm fairly certain that this is not true. Wilt Chamberlain was a winning player over his career. He only had two losing seasons in his career. I would like to see some evidence for the idea that Wilt Chamberlain had a losing record over his carer. I don't see how that can possibly be true.

As for the rest of the post - yeah, for sure, Wilt's FT shooting is definitely his biggest flaw in terms of his case as an all-time player. And it's a problem, when you're comparing him to other all-time great players. But it doesn't erase the fact that he was extremely good at scoring in volume in the paint, and a titanically good player in other ways. He's generally closer to other all-time greats than he is to someone like Jerry Stackhouse.

In the regular season 1045 games played 499 games won. Found using bball refs game finder. Finding all games won.

Hakeem is the best center ever.

BBR's game finder doesn't include his entire career for some reason. It only goes back until 1964.

Use the same Game Finder search to find the total number of games played with either result - it comes back with 734, not 1045.

not even top 3, nigga please

the only thing Hakeem was better at than Wilt is free throws

I would guess that Hakeem was better than Wilt defensively

top 10 centers
1. Kareem
2. Wilt
3. Russell
4. Hakeem
5. Shaw
6. Robinson
7. Moses
8. Ewing
9. Reed
10. McAdoo

Do NBA teams even make a profit?

66-67 was lowkey Wilt’s best season
look at the basic stats, the percentages, and the team performance
probably not any advanced stats from that era but i bet they’d be unreal

Only worthwhile opinion ITT

The WCF is gonna be lit.

The Eastern conference playoffs might be fun because no-one in the East is great and the Cavs will likely step up if they make it (and who knows what seed they will get?)

Most of them do, yeah. The new TV deal is crazy lucrative.

And most of those that don't make a "profit" do shit to increase the team's value to make money for the owners.

Probably.

It's hard to say for certain because we don't see the books and the books are probably cooked anyway. But we know that they bring in ridiculous amounts of revenue, and we know that all NBA franchises are increasing in value at an extremely rapid pace. So I would hazard a guess that at least the vast majority of NBA franchises are profitable. Maybe not some of the small market franchises - Memphis, OKC, New Orleans, and Charlotte in particular - but most of the league probably does.

Consider that the players only make 50% in the NBA these days, as the players union isn't very powerful. At least 50% of a fuckton of money shared between not-very-many-players is a shitton of money each.

Gentle reminder that if you are white or asian, watching and supporting a bunch of black millionaires dunk a ball is the height of questionable western masculinity.

What is the Black turn out for Hockey? American Soccer? Tennis and Badminton? Sports whites and asians excel at, Blacks have no interest in.

Attached: 1515446043227.jpg (888x762, 72K)

>no dwight Howard
I guess you started watching nba after he was traded from the magic?

This busted up warriors team is going to be taken to 7 by the spurs first round then get bopped out early by OKC

If NBA teams weren't making money, there'd be a shitstorm from the owners, particularly after the new TV deal.

So it's pretty safe to assume they are.

And it's also pretty safe to assume they're making more money than people think, because no-one is trying to draw any attention to their profits.

They're probably going to try to claim that they're not profitable next time the CBA is up so they can shove BRI down even further.

I would probably throw Reed and McAdoo off the list, put in Artis Gilmore at number 9, and then probably either Dwight or Robert Parish at number 10. I might actually move Gilmore over Ewing as well.

The top 7 is pretty solid, though.

>no klay, steph, or kd tonight

How badly will Apemond be exposed?

This
Long time on 10 day was decent also

I doubt it.

Next CBA is going to be interesting because the NBA PA is going to want to increase the percentage the players get. Literally the only reason they didn't this time is because the revenue/salary increase was so huge that they didn't think it was worth fighting over a percentage point.

Dwight is an athletiism babby that played in the weakest era ever for C's yet still got exposed every time he played a remotely decent big

Attached: Kobe dwight soft.webm (720x405, 1.56M)

Say Cavs get a top 3 pick. Would you rather Michael Porter Jr. or Doncic?

lmao this was after the howard nash experiment right?

Jazz cannot fucking be stopped. Rockets definitely don't want to see them in the playoffs, GOATbert will murder capela

Forgot to mention prime Dwight was also a fucking A+ plus defender and shut down any center he was sent his way. And that's while barely being 6'8'' barefoot

infogram.com/wilt-chamberlains-finals-stats-by-series-1g957przxzdvm01

Here are Wilt's Finals stats. Look at the top of his head.

Lakers general?

Randle is following in the foosteps of Shaq, Kareem & Wilt. Man is turning into a superstar at 23, nothing but good things will come in his future.

The biggest problem with Dwight is that he refuses to be a role player. He's always wanted to be "the guy" when he's just not versatile enough to be anything more than a dunk, rebound and defence guy.

Compare that with Capela, who is a worse player than Dwight (worse rebounder, worse defender - better passer and shooter) but he knows it and plays it to perfection.

*knows his role

Dude was anemic from the line. Ain't no GOAT a complete no-show from the charity stripe.