Aussie in Lebanon

Aussie here in Beirut since yesterday, was wondering whether anyone could suggest things to do/see. Also if any Sup Forums people in Lebanon are around would be keen for a meetup.

Is Beirut clean?

How is the food

Where in Lebanon is the tree on that flag located?

Go visit khalil gibrans grave/museum

A FUCKING TREE

Yeah some parts seem clean, although where I am staying its a bit grubby. Some buildings haven't been repaired since the civil war.

Yeah thinking about visiting the museum soon, looks really cool.

I think it's symbolic for all the Pine Trees there are in the mountains.

Food is really good and cheap compared to Aus.

Are you a muh heritage 3rd gen diaspora?
Cause i am and planning to visit the motherland in december

are you full? if so post face

>full
Full what?

He means fully lebanese muh heritagd

No. only muh grandparents on my father side are from lebanon.
my mom is a "white" brazilian

Nah white Australian

What brings you there? Are they hospitable?

Doing a language course for spoken Arabic. Focus on Middle Eastern Studies at uni including Arabic language.

ah reconnecting with your roots.

mate, dont associate with sand niggers. they should be learning english, not you learning their language.

with the clusterfuck going around, get ready for civil war 2.0 with your friendly saudi/iran boxing match.

Thank god.

Maybe all the diaspora here move back there and get their citizenship cancelled, lel

Nah White Australian
Well I am in their country, so trying to speak their language. I already know French which sort of gets me around sometimes.

>civil war
>move back to their country
are you a retard

Are you there alone? Im in a solo travelling phase right now and Im looking at places to go after my Spain trip in December, preferably safe places.
I also dont know any Arabic whatsoever but I do know French

To fight, retard.

Then again all the christian and shia lebs here are cowards that will probably just have a sook and rob some aussies in 'anger' that saudi arabia is going to cuck their country's shit with the help of trump.

Yeah I am alone mostly, but later in a few weeks I will be staying with some people down in the South of Lebanon for a few days.

Wave Israeli flag

Glass a leb

I'd recommend seeing the Jeita Grotto, there's also the Temple In Baalbek, Guessing the weather in Aussieland is drier and less green, the Nature is top qt, so it's a good thing you're visiting the South.
I visited back in roughly 2010, Seeing both the Temple and the Grotto need a full day on their own, but Lebanon is pretty small, so it's possible to go in the late morning and still have time to spare once you get back to Beirut

Which western Sydney suburb are you originally from?

Nah mate North Shore boy

Cool, yeah I really want to visit Baalbek looks amazing. Walked along the waterside today in Beirut and it was beautiful.