Hey Sup Forums i am thinking about starting this show

Hey Sup Forums i am thinking about starting this show

is it still good or has it aged badly?

I'm gonna start watching as well m8. I haven't seen it before and want to catch up before the new season.

Rewatched it a few weeks ago, I think it's still brilliant. Things that might irritate you:

>Hairstyles
>Over-the-top acting
>Synth music
>Cheesy visual effects (Though I think they mostly aged gracefully, there are exceptions though)

But seriously, watch it, the new HD versions look amazing I think.

>Synth music

I like good synth scores but damn that sucks if it's a shit one. Thanks user i'm gonna check it out

No it's kind of the opposite actually. When it originally came out, the first few episodes were recieved well, but then interest fell off a cliff. It wasn't until the early-mid 2000's that it became really popular again, and it's been continuing to gain popularity for over a decade now

>if it's a shit one
it is one of the legendary ones

The hairstyles and clothing are great in this show. James was the only exception

Sup Forumsfag here. Does Sup Forums do mega links? I've seen streams pop up once in a while, even the audiobook/epub files, but do any of you share episodes?

It's one of the best soundtracks of all time. You'll be fine.

Keep in mind that it was very knowingly a satire on soap operas too. It was supposed to be over the top.

That's why kek blessed us with private trackers

I'm watching it now as well. Four episodes in and all I can think is this feels like a show that if it had come out now it'd be praised as one of the smartest, most interesting shows ever. It's strangely timeless in the best way possible

Unwatchable

why?

It's still regarded as one of the best if not THE best.
The Young Pope hit close though.

It gets old fast

Yo mama gets old fast

I'm not sure about that. I enjoy the show immensely but, I think some of the tonal whip lash you start to get in the later episode would turn a lot of people off.

though, it is exceptionally quotable which could grab onto meme culture.

It's not very good at all senpai. There's a reason they cancelled it. I went in with an open mind and gave it 6 episodes but they didn't explain a single thing or have anything interesting happen.

nothing to offer outside of empty quirk

When Lynch was involved it was a 10/10
When he wasn't it was a 6/10

>if it's a shit one
ever heard of angelo fucking badalamenti

Utter horseshit. Log off.

and Audrey in the pilot

>le fish in le percolator!
I can see it now and it is painful

I downloaded mine form rarbg, the 30gb one.
It seems fine to me.

Also known as a'character moment' but I guess you're too stupid to get that.

I meant the new show, as it comes out.

Don't do it OP. It's fucking terrible and only retarded hipsters enjoy it because DUDE SO RANDOM LMAO. Don't let Sup Forums trick you into wasting your time on this.

I watched up to the dreaded final 12 episodes and had to stop. Everything up until then is great but there is an enormous decline in quality at that point. I'm going to get through it at some point but the plot becomes so cheap feeling it's hard to watch.

gr8 b8 m8 10/10

if this isn't bait just watch it and skip the james bits

the shittiness is more than made up for by the last episode but it'd cheapen the experience too much if you just jumped right to the lodge

It's not a b8, m8. I meant every word. It's a terrible hipster le so quirky xD show. Literally r*ddit.

james is one of the worst character

>everyone talks about how fire walk with me was misunderstood on release
>it was critically panned because everyone was expecting quirky light hearted soap opera stuff punctuated by lynchian horror
>apparently it was just straight up dark dark horrifying shit for 2 hours with no light hearted stuff
>Sup Forums hypes it up like crazy, oh man, brace yourself, you're not ready for this dark terrifying shit, it's so depressing man, brace yourself, it's gonna get fucking dark
>finally watch it for the first time last night
>it's a generic film with barely any lynchian shit
Dumb faggots.

>FWWM
>generic film

wew. just crawl back into your little cubby hole, kid. art isn't for you.

is it episodic or does the series/season have its own story arc?

>Sup Forums hypes it up like crazy, oh man, brace yourself, you're not ready for this dark terrifying shit, it's so depressing man, brace yourself, it's gonna get fucking dark
Hype destroys enjoyment. Anything's gonna look like shit if you build it up like that, it's just a movie

So, how did the fish get in the percolator?

>It's a terrible hipster le so quirky xD show. Literally r*ddit.
This is an opinion that demands to be taken seriously

my nigga. I watched The Young Pope again and I really have to say it's in a league of its own. I love Twin Peaks, but the quality varies by episode and despite being admirably bizarre/visionary overall, it's still got "network notes" all over it.

Having one single great director for a whole series, with creative control, is something else entirely. Sorrentino really outdid himself with The Young Pope and made something that felt like a step forward for the whole medium of television

Anime comment coming through, Twin Peaks reminds me strongly of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni which is a great series

Go back to playing with your little pee pees.

From the beginning to about halfway through the second season, the focus is on the murder of Laura Palmer. After that, it's a mess until the last few episodes.

>types the Japanese title in Western characters in the middle of an English sentence, in a thread where everyone is speaking English
just delete yourself

Well there's the central mystery that drives things from the beginning, but as the series progresses its clearly more about the characters. As has been said, think "soap opera" because that's what you're in for. Each character has a personal arc that weaves into others, sometimes having to do with the main mystery, sometimes completely separate and its own thing.

It's not episodic, it would make no sense unless you watched the episodes in order, from the beginning

ひぐらしのなく頃に

Happy, chad?

It's worth it for the qt grills alone

自分を殺して

It's meant to take place in a small town in 1989, so don't expect a lot of excitement to happen that isn't revolved around murder, secret affairs, or interdimensional spirits.

kys nip cunt

Comfy af. I wish I could live in Twin Peaks in the past. This century sucks ass.

As others have said, it does have a timeless feel to it. There are plot points and arcs that fall flat (mostly in s2) but the ones that hit, hit perfectly.

Fantastic atmosphere, cast, and intrigue. Very comfy and would recommend.

I've watched episode 1, 2, the last part of episode 5 and the end of Fire Walk with Me. Where do I go from here?

r*ddit

it's pretty much a soap opera, but good.

Andrew Packard put it there to fuck with Pete.

Wow, you posted this again, huh? You think "generic" is some worthy critique to keep going?