'VAR: Video assistant referees will be used at 2018 World Cup in Russia'

'VAR: Video assistant referees will be used at 2018 World Cup in Russia'

bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43438344

I can smell the meme's. It will be glorious.

>VAR
>Russia
>Goblino
>Blacked

Attached: 1518893298_975374_1518893399_noticia_normal.jpg (1200x675, 48K)

>still broken as fuck
>use it in the most important tournament in world football

what the fuck is that picture from?
those lines look like they were drawn by some retarded flat earther or something

Hate this shit

The excitement killer

If England got eliminated because of someone that VAR could have fixed would you still complain?

at least all the fuckups on the highest stage will kill it dead sooner than it would've otherwise

PUTIN WILL HACK IT

Attached: shitlib.jpg (567x458, 31K)

Actual VAR used during an FA Cup game. Liverpool VS West Brom was the craziest professional game I've ever witnessed, even more crazy than chelsea vs barca refball

I honestly don't care about refball, it's all just entertainment

yes I know
>tf
>tp

>Complaining that all the bit decisions at the WC will be correct

typical

YESSSSSS

Guaranteed controversy, we may even see real violence

When England get knocked out it won't be due to lack of VAR.

what was it ruling? the forward in red being onside?
the lines are all fucked up and I'm not even talking about them being wobbly, just the orientation.

I am so looking forward to fans blaming the VAR technology instead of blaming the refs.
I love humans' ability to blame technology instead of their own inability.

Attached: Hanabi.jpg (608x720, 67K)

That doesn't answer the question

Bongland will end up boycotting Russia, they aren't going

>the World Cup winning goal will need VAR approval

Attached: IMG_4183.jpg (229x253, 14K)

No, genuinely

I don't remember anything about England's 2010 campaign apart from Lampard's non-goal, I'd rather have some controversy and memorable moments than a sterile, stop-start joke

Even as an Englishman I can recognise and appreciate how Maradona's Hand of God, despite it being fucking cheeky, made it's way into the mythology of the game

>tfw

Attached: VARsical.jpg (1500x729, 125K)

If they officially declare Russia guilty then it wouldn't surprise me.

Our current team is the worst in years anyway.

>Bongland will end up boycotting Russia, they aren't going
Who'll notice?

>halal/barca fan trying to kill off VAR
Color me surprised

Its Hudds vs Utd, the VAR ref was sent an image with straight lines but the image they showed on tv had these wonky meme lines so it confused the fuck out of everyone

hi

>being against VAR
Why? How?

It kills the bants

Only inbreds are against VAR.
>MUH 2 minutes to verify goals
Good thing all celebrations are an hour long anyway faggot

I'm looking forward to some Russia refball controversy

Screws up the flow of play, takes way too long to review, nobody in the stadium has any idea what is going on and a lot of calls are still subjective.

In our last friendly against France Varane was sent off using VAR and the decision was bullshit.

Fuxk off

Dont dare to watch soccer, its not your sport

post yfw Russia win the world cup through rigged VAR usage

where did the wobbly lines picture come from then?
and I don't even care that they're wobbly, it's that they're not parallel to the field what bothers me, look at that bullshit.

>"VAR sucks because I have to wait a few seconds until I can celebrate a goal. I'd rather see my country get eliminated when the ref on the pitch is blind"

Attached: images.png (226x223, 6K)

you mean abidal sent off or the 6 milion penalties?

it's simple: when a replay is called for, the bidding opens on ebay and the winning bidder gets the call

This tee bee aytch, Polish Lelkstraklasa is testing VAR this season and it causes more butthurt than it prevents. Every wrong or at least controversial call that was made without it gets shoved down everyone's throats for weeks by all the journos and twatter 'experts'.
Oftenly the situations reviewed by VAR are still up to ref's judgement and can be called either way, which means that regardless of his interpretation, there is a bunch of angry fans of the team that got bummed who keep crying about it and come up with ebin conspiracy theories about a secret cabal that wants to harm their team in every way possible (imagine this in a world cup scenario with thousands of angry, drunk slavs on both sides of the barricade).
Whenever the ref actually decides to use it, the game pauses for 2 minutes, the players awkwardly stroll around or argue with each other. The fans usually go silent because they don't know if they should be angry or happy. In the end it forces the ref to be in the center of attention during a football match, where he ideally should be pretty much invisible. At the end of the day, it's a cure worse than the illness, it creates more problems than it solves

there's a way of making it very fast
the var referee opinion is the one that counts
that's it, the field referee has to accept it

how do you think VAR works?

Attached: 1519254325917.jpg (254x464, 28K)

>I would rather have illegitimate goals than a mild time inconvenience
Eurocucks are literally subhuman.

No problem with reviewing goals, it's when the ball is in play.

they have to debate, the field referee goes to see the images and debates the var referee

The issue is unironically giving the var in the hands of the same people threatened by the var.

>implying it won’t geg hacked