This is what augustus looked like

>This is what augustus looked like

I know this image offends souther europeans but the truth must be told. Rome WAS northern European not southern "european"

theapricity.com/earlson/history/emperors.htm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-bjBIJjglq8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ethnicity of the Roman Emperors:

-Augustus - Roman Italian (born at Velitrae, southeast of Rome)
-Tiberius - Roman Italian
-Gaius "Caligula" - Roman Italian (born at Antium)
-Claudius - Roman Italian (born at Lugdunum in Gaul)
-Nero - Roman Italian (born at Antium)
-Galba - Roman Italian
-Otho - Etruscan
-Vitellius - unknown, presumably Italian
-Vespasian - Sabine
-Titus - Sabine
-Domitian - Sabine
-Nerva - Italian or Cisalpine Gaulish (born at Narnia)
-Trajan - Spanish
-Hadrian - Spanish
-Antoninus Pius - Gaulish (born in Latium)
-Marcus Aurelius - Gaulish and Spanish
-Commodus - Gaulish and Spanish (born in Rome)
-Pertinax - unknown (family of slave origins)
-Julianus - unknown, probably Roman Italian
-Albinus - Italian
-Pescennius Niger - Roman Italian
-Septimius Severus - Carthaginian and Celtic
-Caracalla - Carthaginian, Celtic, and Syrian
-Macrinus - Italian (family had settled in Punic Africa)
-Elagabalus - Syrian
-Severus Alexander - Syrian
-Maximinus Thrax - probably Dacian (supposedly Thracian and Sarmatian)
-The Gordiani - unknown (probably mixed Italian, African, and Asian)
-Philip the Arab - Mesopotamian or Syrian Arab
-Decius - Illyrian or Pannonian (born at Budalia near Sirmium)
-Trebonianus Gallus - Perusian Etruscan
-Aemilian - Mauretanian
-Valerian - unknown
-Gallienus - unknown
-Claudius Gothicus - Illyrian
-Aurelian - Moesian
-Tacitus and Florian - unknown, possibly Italian or Danubian
-Probus - Illyrian or Pannonian (born at Sirmium)
-Carus - probably Gaulish and Greek (born at Narbo)
-Carinus and Numerian - probably Gaulish and Greek
-Diocletian - Dalmatian Illyrian
-Maximian - probably Illyrian or Pannonian
-Carausius - Menapian Gaul
-Constantius Chlorus - Moesian or Dacian
-Galerius - Dacian
-Severus II - Danubian
-Maxentius - Danubian and Syrian
-Constantine I and his sons - Moesian

>Augustus had dirty blonde hair
This leaves two possibilities open for discussion: either Augustus and his dynasty were part of the roughly 8% of Italians with naturally blonde hair (these are numbers from the 19th century, they may have historically been higher due to blondeness being a recessive trait), or Augustus and his dynasty were somehow Germanic.

Be honest with me, which is more likely?

>dat weak jaw

yeah, he totally looked like an albino caveman

You are forgetting the third and true option: descriptions, depictions and other representation of the ruling class was always idealized before the existence of photography, with which you could not turn a deformed monstrosity like Carlos II into a somewhat human-looking thing like the painting we currently have.
Friendly reminder that the pure-blooded Castilian, Isabel de Castilla, was said to be "red hair and of white skin", even though it is widely known she was NOT a red-hair.
Friendly reminder that Carlos I -not the second- had a deformed jaw, but he was always depicted as "handsome" and with a simply larger than average jaw, even though he could literally NOT eat in public because of how said deformation made it laughably sad to witness.
In other words: if you were a king or of nobility before the times of photography, you EXPECTED your paintings, busts and other representation of your face to follow the Greek standard of beauty.
Do you think everyone in the Renaissance looked like a Greek God in real life? Have you never wondered why women don't actually look like Greek sculptures? Because this representations aren't true.
And, lastly, friendly reminder that pigmentation differs from culture to culture. Not for nothing do Southern Euros call themselves "white" but to Northerners our "white" is FAR from "white"; so is what we call "light hair". Hell, old Greeks from time to time called blood "black and purple".

>snowniggers seriously believe this

Germanic

>Hadrian - Spanish

I don't thinks so, he was raised in hispania but his origins don't look like he came from there I read that in book a decade ago in highschool years

you can find dirty blonde hair in southern europe it is not really rare

rome was southern european because most of the emperors looked dinarid

It's historical and archeological evidence, not belief.

>painting over a sculture is evidence

c'mon, look at the fucking picture, it doesn't correlate, it doesn't look natural. stop being such retards.

to a negroid individual like yourself of course blue eyes look unnatural

Just like food to you.

samefag

That's right. We were kings.

Nope, you subhuman birdhsit

>that hooked nose

That is shooped m*Doid

It is, the sun has blinded you

>having blond hair makes you Northern European
Such low level bait wouldn't trigger even actual autists.

Big mistake, N*rdie

Looks like a poofta.

Augustus was just the figurehead, it was Agrippa that did everything

>theapricity

lololololo

so basically nordics are the nigger kangz of europe?

we were kings

>"red hair and of white skin"
Might have meant a reddish tone in her hair, with lighter than average skin?

>"Oculos habuit claros ac nitidos...
>...colorem inter aquilum candidumque"

We're just memeing, we don't actually believe it is, spainbro

this mostly upset americans and north europeans who can't figure out that italians looks perfectly like the rest europe

Only Varg and americans actually thinks that

>italians looks perfectly like the rest europe
Depends on what you think is the rest of Europe

upset?

>they may have historically been higher due to blondeness being a recessive trait
t. doesn't understand genetics

No, but there is a distinct difference between northern, southern and eastern Europe. Being tanned or not isn't the difference.

Explain how I'm wrong, especially with modern geneticists predicting there will be no more natural blondes in 200 years. Not even taunting you, I'm honestly curious. I do know that two carriers of the blonde gene who aren't blonde themselves CAN have a blonde child, but even then that chance is only 25% right?

>A European Culture Community

Lol, is that what white nationalists call themselves these days?

Meme percentage
Dirty blonde in Italy are 30%

rome was a turkic civilization

yes, in varg's fantasies.. try to see the world instead of stayng all day closed in your bubble

You must be blind if you can't see the difference between southern, northern and eastern Europeans.

Like I said, the skin colour isn't the thing that makes a difference.

NEET trying to lecture us with this shit...

culturally, something. phisically, not at all

go out neet

You can.
You think you can only see the difference between East Asians, Africans and Europeans? Or can't you see that either?

>n*rdoid in thread

Honestly I have a hard time seeing the difference between North and South, but East Europeans (especially their women) have that fucking "Slav face" that's hard to miss. I think it's ugly as fuck, and usually when people post 'hot' Russian girls I just can't see past that fucking Slav face.

we wuz slim shady n shieet

Literally every great civilization began with raiders from "the north".

haec sit vera

His eyes were as clear as the sky and had a divine shimmer in it. His hair was dark blonde.
Many Italians still look like this.
I fail to see the problem, honestly.

Uuum sorry sweetie but Romans were black

hm i are nardic but want to be romanz...what do what do

youtube.com/watch?v=-bjBIJjglq8

So were romans any racist? Were whites also better in those times?

>"c*Rthaginians are subhumans"
> - Cato the Elder

Ah, nothing much has changed

>Honestly I have a hard time seeing the difference between North and South,

Look at pic related. He's clearly not from the North.

>skin is pale but tends towards yellow instead of pink
>hair is overly dark, 5'oclock shadow is strong
>head and face have sharp features with a pointer chin

Every caucasian population has incidences of blondism with Northern Europe having the highest ones. Even in Yemen you can find some blond haired people.

Ceterum censeo carthaginem esse delendam.

Quo usque tandem factionem cartellum et officiorum magina, patientia nostra abuditur dum navis praetoria resurrectionis ad profiscendum parata est?

>"I fucking hate Carthago, I swear on me mum, those fucking cunts gonna be getting it"

your mothers ass

Loqui latine potesne?

Well, okay.

you gotta be kidding me.

Excuse me, I know this may be difficult for you to understand, but blacks aren't European

and this guy is even dark for a northern european desu, black brows are not common.

> "Simone Zaza (Italian pronunciation: [siˈmoːne dˈdzaddza]; born 25 June 1991) is an Italian professional footballer who plays as a striker for Spanish club Valencia CF and the Italian national team."

nationality =/= ethnicity

Let that sink in for a moment, Jamal-Sven

because genetics dont work that way
recessive genes dont disappear, they just lie dormant and only come out when both parents have them
two people with brown can have blond children if their both have blond recessive genes

>especially with modern geneticists predicting there will be no more natural blondes in 200 years
no one does this its just clickbait made by people who dont understand genetics like you

Dunno if he was racist in modern terms but he hated Carthage so much he got in history books for that.

This guy then

I think he is racist in modern terms, because back then it likely wasn't as big of a problem. Since there was no media, propaganda, academic, and political bombardment of a progressive and liberal agenda. So, in modern terms, he would be "literally hitler", I suppose?
Excuse me, arabs aren't europeen.

Thats how the majority of people living in Southern Italy look like. I have lived there. Is southern italy not in southern europe?

They're muttbabies then, who deserve to be put an embargo on the region and let them die gradually.

mediterraneans like him have arguably been in Italy long before any blonde haired blue eyed stereotypical "Euro" set foot in our peninsula

the last time Europe was ever uniform in race was in the neolithic, and they certainly weren't pure Bavarian in phenotype

every italian woman needs a germanic baby in her belly

My preference outweighs your theories, therefor any factual information you present is automatically discarded.

well spoken Winston

I look like this guy (tfw pure roman), AMA

well aesthetically speaking I don't like small swarthy mediterranoids like him either but he is hardly a rapebaby in a country like ours

Are you pure Irish?

do italian girls like anglo men?

What you (with may other) fail to understand is that the north/south divide is pretty big in italy. So big that people in north (without southern parents) look like your typical mitteleuropean and people in the south more like greece
Inb4 cherrypicking

>hardly
so you admit that he is

From what I see, No
But i am not a girl so idk

honestly the sort of sophisticated anglo alpha stereotype thingy doesn't seem to work here

People in the south are like this because Spoiler alert: there is Sun in that area and the heat is fucking high
Evolution flavored people with darker complexion more

what if I am a rough and rugged Welsh lad?

for us pic related looks more like a rapebaby than him

I don't think Greece look Arab, while the alleged pure southern Italian I was presented, does look, at least partially, Arab. I don't think that's a historicallly accurate representation of Italian people, however, there are many things I fail to understand. It would surprise me if you were happy to defend that Arab (looking) people are indigenous to Europe. Well, surprised not so much as appalled.

>rough and rugged Welsh
robust Euro mediterranean looking guy? yeah that might do the trick

Nah, they just fucked some arab fishermen
Why you be dissin my man Chad