Why is food in southern europe so cheap? In Spain and Greece i've been able to buy food for less than 2 euros...

Why is food in southern europe so cheap? In Spain and Greece i've been able to buy food for less than 2 euros, an entire lunch! What's their secret?

Poor countries tend to have lower prices on things

Their food is mostly produced domestically as opposed to frozen snowniggerland where everything is imported and priced at 1500% its original value.

this + abnormally, criminally low wages

>In Spain and Greece i've been able to buy food for less than 2 euros, an entire lunch!

what food exactly?

Why are girls in North Europe so cheap? In Sweden and Norway i've been able to fuck girls for free, an entire sex! What's their secret?

Everything, supermarkets, street food etc. I even went to a nice restaurant and payed 18 euros for a three course meal with wine, it was very good food mind you.

Excellent meme.

I mean what did you buy for 2 euros to be able to have a lunch because I don't believe you. Unless you bought a shit tier baguette and sliced cheap cheese. And this is not a lunch, at least in Spain.

>What's their secret?
Not paying exorbitant taxes for everything and eating what they grow

Even in France you can cook a nice lunch for less than 2€ you should get out of your mom's basement and get some groceries one day

I have it on good authority there are people getting paid about €2.5/hr just a couple of miles from here. I'm in Athens btw.

Like gyros, lamb meat, sauce, lettuce, onions. Cost me 1.8 euro

You should watch out for the kebabspiracy, How come you pay the same for chicken than beef in a kebab?

You can buy shitty prep meals for 2-3€ but that is food for people on the brink of suicide.

>we're now poorer than many developing countries
>we're not even fucking developing, they do
when will this ride end?

So?

Like what? Give me an example because a lunch in Spain is the heavy meal and with two euros you can barely buy a decent bread. Well, I guess if you buy a pack of 250 grams of pasta, a can of tomatoes and tuna, yeah, you would be able to have a swedish tier lunch.

Never, it's an all-out war on enterprise and there's no signs of it coming to an end.

Oops... :3
I see, I broke that one by incident...

In Spain that doesn't hold. A lettuce is around 80 cents or 1 euro. Sauce? What sauce? Most of them are more expensive than 1 euro. And lamb meat? For real? A paletilla is already 11 euros kilo.

>being this mad
What about this thread made you mad? That a country that produces like 40% of europes produce has cheap food?

I'm not mad, I just want to know why you would lie. Spain is cheap but not that cheap. Food in Belgium is not much more expensive than in Spain for example.

1kg of potatoes is 1€, carrots are a bit more expensive but not much. Of course if you buy everything prepared it's gonna be more expensive.

Because i'm not lying, i observed it myself. I bought food, for really cheap compared to my country. Fast food in sweden costs like minimum 10 euro to actually feel full.

They don't pay taxes.

GREASE PAY DENBTS

you, personally didn't do shit, you're just a stupid autist posting on an anime forum.
The german government and industry did however fuck up much of europe. I hope we don't let you live this time.

really hope you guys manage to break out of this crisis somehow, greece is my favorite country and i don't wanna see it collapse completely.

I cooked since I was 16 and I never buy procesed food. But a decent lunch for 2 euros is imposible. As I said, if you prepare pasta with a sauce of tomato and tuna, yeah, but that's university tier food. Or as you said, if you eat boiled potatoes. Add meat, a salad and wine, and there is no way. The swedish guy talks like he eats like a hobo.

thank you danish friend.

you can't and won't do shit lol

No i said, i've had street food for under two euros. Sit down restaurant food i've had cost like ~20 euros.

well it is not like you guys did not had some part in your current situation.

dunno in other regions but in Galicia a gyros or a kebab is around 4-5 euros, then add a 1.5 euros drink, burgers aren't cheap, the cheapest one would be a 2,5 cheeseburger, then again, add a drink

Jaiks... We'll, I am sorry, that our industry is so successful :( when you'll pay out the debts - we can help you again :3

spain is not that cheap, haven't been to greece

ukraine is fucking cheap, now those are some noice prices

yeah just gonna make my lunch with an entire head of lettuce and a kilo of paletilla

>2 euros, an entire lunch!
Where's that, i'm going there right now.

nords consider a sandwich lunch.

Different Spanish user here. The confusion between you two in this thread is because a kebab or a sandwich doesn't count as lunch here. A lunch consists of first course, second course and dessert. In traditional bars, such a menu costs between 8 and 15 euros at lunchtime, dinner is usually more expensive (15-25 euros on average).

kek

>first course, second course and dessert.
that'd cost you at least €35 here if you drink water, twice that if it's dinner

a burger with fries and a drink would be €15 unless you go to mcdonalds

And your salaires are three times higher, so eating in Sweden is cheaper for you, than for us in our country

>Like gyros, lamb meat, sauce, lettuce, onions. Cost me 1.8 euro
you bought that in a gypsi market for sure nigger

maybe you should stop eating three course meals for lunch everyday then, no one does that here because it's too expensive

My fav part about visiting family in serbia is how far my dollar goes.

Are you a ute nordic Sven? No homo.

Actually it isn't more expensive, it would be cheaper for you than for us

How expensive can a salad be? You buy some tomatoes, cucumber, slice them pour some, olive oil, there, salad.
As for desert you don't have to buy something expensive. Some fruit, youghurt and honey will do.

we're talking about restaurants here, so it would be expensive no matter what you get

yet we aren't so stupid that we spend all our money on three course lunches everyday

Then sounds like you're getting ripped off seriously.

I would like to believe i am. My mothers is from ireland, but my dad is swedish as far as i know. So i'd say i am.

Food in Northen Italy costs just as much as it does in Sweden.

35€ is nothing for you, and hardly spending it everyday counts as "spend all our money"