Harry Potter fans are more likely to dislike Trump, study suggests

>J.K. Rowling famously tweeted out that "Voldemort was nowhere near as bad" as Donald Trump. It now appears Rowling’s fans are primed to agree. A new study reveals that people who have read the Harry Potter books are more likely to dislike Trump.
>The reason, according to study author Diana Mutz, a professor of political science at the University of Pennsylvania, is that the novels’ major themes — the value of tolerance, opposition to violence, and the dangers of authoritarianism — resonate with readers. And Harry Potter fans might recognize some Voldemort qualities in Trump: just like Voldemort wants to eradicate half-bloods and muggles, so Trump wants to deport undocumented immigrants and ban Muslims.
>iscap.upenn.edu/sites/default/files/HarryPotterDeathlyDonald160718.pdf
So pol, do you like Harry Potter?

(((Mutz)))

i thought harry potter was ok but nothing special

I loved Harry Potter as a kid and honestly I think Clinton and Trump are both Voldemort. This shit is getting out of control.

im a harry potter fan, and i love trump

trump will make magic real and shit 2016

No I never read HP.

Most people who like fantasy novels and tabletop RPGs in general are leftists.

Harry Potter is for kids

Is Harry Potter degenerate?

>implying Voldemort was wrong

There's nothing wrong with the books, the fanbase and author are both awful though

>Millennials and cat ladies don't like Trump
Thank you for the information.

Harry Potter is fine, but after finishing books and movie, actors (Emma Watson and Daniel Radliffe) and J.K. Rowling went full SJW.

I read Harry Potter but I read them when I was a child. This study communicates a great deal about adults who read children's books conduct their politics. Ironically modern liberals wouldn't find this embarrassing.

lol wtf, i read every harry potter book before i was 14, and I like trumpy, i'd vote for him

Harry Potter is a shit series. The books are awfully written.

No I've always thought it was a piece of crap, ever since I read half of it in 6th grade and got bored. The magic was shit. The names were shit. The story was 2d dribble with cardboard characters. It was definitely not as cool as dragon lance.

I love both.

I remember JK Rowling tweeting that, and it was hyperbole.

She's basically suggesting Trump is worse than:
>a psychopathic and deranged dark wizard
>fucked up due to inbreeding and can't love.
>spends his whole life studying the dark arts to make himself immortal.
>kills lots of people to do this
>yet somehow a guy with silly hair is worse than the greatest dark wizard of all time.

Pretty much anything JK Rowling says from now on should be considered BS. She's struggling to stay relevant and jumps on the band wagon as much as possible.

Harry Potter was fun when I was younger, but I've never once interacted with anyone else that liked it(or any other "nerd" shit). I think I made the right decision.

What was his plan? Never finished the series

The sorting hat would definitely place Trump in Slytherin, no doubt. He has a big ego and is intolerant.

I guess you could say I like them, although I read the books before I'd hit puberty and haven't really been interested since about that age
I didn't even end up watching the last three films
I don't really like Trump but I prefer him to Hillary, not that it matters anyway I'm not American

>harry potter fans are akin to political geniuses and jk rowling is this generation's leo tolstoy
go fuck yourself

wtf, I hate Harry Potter now

And weren't Voldemort, Potter and Dumbledore amongst the most powerful wizards entirely because of their strong bloodlines dating back to ancient strong wizards? Genetic (bloodline) superiority?

wtf! I hate trump now

I always thought of Shillary as pic related

Voldemort was 100% right and his only folly was he went insane the first time he split his soul and that caused him to become a power hungry madman descending into madness.

Trump is the best hope for America.

Most Gryffindors had an extremely big ego and were very intolerant.

I always disliked Harry Potter, another victory for the Tolkien master race.

YOU'RE A WEHRMACHT HARRY

Wow, Harry Potter fans like a witch like Hillary more than Trump. What a surprise.

Think he wanted to get rid off all the mudbloods and only pure wizards around and teach them any kind of magic, including spooky forbidden magic.

>millenials
>easily impressionable
>cower to authority

It's sad that these faggots are the true neo-fascists

His plan was to be immortal, to kill Harry Potter and to rebuild the wizarding world and ensure the survival of pure blood wizards so that wizards wouldn't die out.

It's basically the same virtue signalling you find everywhere in pop culture. The whole message is 'hitler is bad duuuuuurrr.' Some of the lore is fun but not extraordinary.

It's the normie core cirriculum.

Voldemort sounds based as fuck.

we are so fucked

I actually loved the books. Now I despise JKR, because of her sjw bullshit.

I love Harry Potter and I think it's actually prepared us for the opposite of what this study shows.

Think about it. The death eaters are basically muslims and you can think of Voldemort as "terrorism" in a sense. The Ministry of Magic won't acknowledge its (islamic extremism) existence. It sends a teacher (progessive professors) to Hogwarts to basically try and indoctrinate the children against the idea of fighting back and making all these ridiculous rules (political correctness) so no one can do anything except Obey. Then it turns out that the Ministry had been infiltrated by the death eaters all along.

>"Undocumented Immigrant"

You mean someone who is in the country Illegally and is immigrating? Aka Illegal Immigrant

Try harder with your bait Mexicunt

Adults that read children books are more likely to be liberals huh? really make you think...

magic satanist fucks

He was. In the books he was actually the most powerful wizard of all time.

But ofc author bias kicked in and the whole preaching of love and tolerance by JK Rowling won over. But she never came up with a solution to the problem of the decline of wizards.

Trump is the chosen one, our only hope to undo all the damage Democrat and Republican globalists have done to this country in the last 50 years and defeat them all, he IS Harry Potter.

And Hermione is a nigger and Ron a cuck

According to the media, and media promoted """"studies"""":

Liberals/Lefties: beautiful, highly intelligent, love childrens books, well endowed, very open minded, fart rainbows and flowers, love everyone, wealthy but still 'of the people', etc., etc.

Conservatives, Righties: low intelligence, ugly, racist, small endowements, poor, everything that's wrong with this world, literally hitler, etc., etc.,

Every fucking time, too. No exceptions....

I agree that that is something yoi can take from it, but there's no way that was rowling's intent.

>those obsessed with a children's series tend to lean left politically
shocker

His motives and point of view weren't 100% clear from what I remember. He hated mudbloods, wanted power, and desperately wanted to be immortal. He also had an awful childhood and was a soft spoken sociopath since he was a kid. A lot of his characterization though is just evil for the sake of evil though and so the series could have a villain.

How ironic. You'd think Harry Potter was pro guns / 2nd Amendment in America but it was not. Disappointing. Even the kids were taught how to defend themselves.

Yes. It made witchcraft an acceptable, even desirable idea for the masses.

>Mutz

I can totally see her punishing those that tell "lies" that don't conform to her rhetoric.

fucking true, had a jewish feminist english professor who always talked about harry potter

>And Harry Potter fans might recognize some Voldemort qualities in Trump: just like Voldemort wants to eradicate half-bloods and muggles, so Trump wants to deport undocumented immigrants and ban Muslims.

What the fuck? These two things literally have nothing to do with each other and they're claiming right here it's the exact same thing.

I hate my fucking generation

>Voldemort literally tries to cull/genocide "impure" wizards
>Trump wanting to deport undocumented immigrants and have a *TEMPORARY* suspension on Muslims immigrating into the country
>exactly the same thing

wew

>hurr durr study
The majority of HP fans in the states are girls. Of course they're more likely going to be anti-Trump.

Take over the ministry, which he did. Wasn't that hard for him after Dumbles died, since half the ministry was on his side, and the other half too corrupt to do anything about it. At that point everyone opposing him had to lie low or go into hiding.

Then he went about firing up the ovens for the mudbloods and persecuting his political enemies. He never really seemed to be driven by much more than a lust for power, and was more than a little insanse, possibly because of those horcruxes (things with pieces of his soul in so he can't die, in case you didn't get that far), so he was kind of a boring antagonist once the mystery was gone in my opinion. Rowling never bothered to give him any real motives besides MUH POWER.

Of course, Harry killed him as a result of a series of increasingly improbable events that appeared to have been orchestrated by Professor Bumblebee himself, somehow.

Yes.

In the early 2000's Christians were burning the books because they were degenerate as fuck.

> Children indoctrinated with simple morality tale about Nazi Wizards mistakenly see the world in terms of Hitler and Not Hitler.

i remember this

they were talking about satanism and black magic corrupting the children minds

>the value of tolerance
in a book with a race primarily devoted to slavery
>opposition to violence
literally every book has the good guys committing violence,

>Trump supporters less likely to like Harry Potter

Blatant lies. What methods did they use to determine this?

Voldemort did nothing wrong.

Shocking.

I think it's a subtle Trump = Hitler comment considering Voldemort and the Deatheaters are wizard Nazis.

I still like Harry Potter and will buy the new book. And I voted Trump in the primaries and will do it again.

Yes they are all mudbloods by now

Synderine Did Nothing Wrong

Nah, I have tons of political opinions. Mine just don't fit into one candidate. For example, I'm very pro nuclear power but also very pro environment. Both are pretty contradictory in the modern political climate, so it's one of my instances that these politicians just don't represent my interests.

To be fair it is possible to not like the two major candidates but still support someone.
I don't like Trump but I'm still voting for him because I hate Clinton.

Crashing this plane

>>not reading right-wing fantasy

I love the series but I detest her for being a sellout. Kind of how I like Tom Cruise as an actor but hate him for being a Scientologist.

He's not like Voldemort
He's more like Gilderoy Lockhart

Oh really? So wanting to deport illegal immigrants is worse than creating a terror organization, torturing, killing, and probably raping thousands for very little or no motive at all, and setting up a puppet regime with such ludicrously draconian laws as a ban on the name you insisted on everyone using instead of your real name, making the effort of coming up with the name in the first place entirely moot.

That's perfectly sensible.

In that case, I nominate Hillary for Umbridge.

I've never read HP before, completely skipped it in my teenager years, did I miss anything?

>people study this
>people make a living off this shit

You kind of did, but there's not much point getting into it now, to be honest.

Worldbuilding is fantastic, but the books get progressively worse as they try to be more serious and mature beyond what Rowling is able to pull off. The hype is dead, and it probably isn't as enjoyable for an adult with no nostalgic ties to it. But feel free to give it a shot, it might be enjoyable.

You missed mediocre young adult literature. So no, not really.

Her fans are all babies and pure cancer. I remember when she published the history of magic in North America they all bitched about how the portray of native-Americans appropriating their culture

Death Eaters were the muslim invasion, the ministry was the liberal government and Dumbledore was Donald Trump

So people who love a made up fantasy world wouldn't vote for someone who points out the shit that should be obvious to anyone

Shocked i tell you

this man speaks the truth

I see, I might check it out later. Just got myself an e-reader, so why not, right?

Emma Watson was kinda cute back then as well.

i know like our people who used harry potter to learn a foreign language. the first three or four were good but it starts to get stupid later on. i probably just lied them cuz kids are stupid and will like anything. but there are still funny parts

by retarded i mean there is a class of special people with magic(hint thats the READER) and a clas of nonspecial people. the nonspecial people are obviously inferior and te reader feels superior by... extending equality to hem. i would never t my kds read it

Problem with JK Rowling is I don't think she understands just how radical the progressive movement has become since she published in the 90's.

I mean before the smart phone era this was all pretty much non existent.

Her books may have been the nice little message about love and tolerance for middle class 90's white kids but not for the kids growing up today that are increasingly "progressive" and politically correct.

She's going to have to bend over backwards to prove she's not like other privileged rich white women and she's going to have to move mountains to not fuck up.

The result is her selling out on her own creation. Having grown up with the books and being fond of them, it is sad to see. But there's no point being sentimental about it.

>he was actually the most powerful wizard of all time.
He was also a half-blood, the purity of your wizard blood has absolutely no bearing on your magical ability in the Harry Potter universe.

>Potter fans might recognize some Voldemort qualities in Trump: just like Voldemort wants to eradicate half-bloods and muggles, so Trump wants to deport undocumented immigrants and ban Muslims.

"Just like Voldemort has an irrational dislike towards non magicians, Trump wants to deport illegal immigrants and potential terrorists."

Stop giving grant money for these studies. They are so, so useless, to pretty much everyone.

>She literally has a centaur named Bane in her new shit story

>Voldemort was wrong

Mother fucker wanted to gas the jews of the world (mudbloods) and restore proper magic in the world, the only true evil thing was muh infinite power he wanted other than he literally dis nothing wrong. If anything they should support trump.

>just like Voldemort wants to eradicate half-bloods and muggles, so Trump wants to deport undocumented immigrants and ban Muslims.
>wanting to enforce immigration laws and heighten national security is now the same as genocide

this is getting ridiculous by now

>just like Voldemort wants to eradicate half-bloods and muggles, so Trump wants to deport undocumented immigrants and ban Muslims.
Strawmanning?

>the value of tolerance, opposition to violence, and the dangers of authoritarianism
>intolerance
>violence
>authoritarianism

Sounds like Islam to me. Shouldn't they be opposing it as well?

Holy fuck

Meme magic is working on me now

Ive watched 4 of the harry potter films today, their showing all of them on Sky Cinema

this is so fucking weird, im starting to think im able to will things into existence

>Voldemort is a half blood prince "mudblood," part Wizard and part non wizard
>Obama is part black
>Voldemort hates non wizards and favors his wizard side
>Obama identifies as black
>Voldemort would enact policies that favor wizards, as Obama favors blacks

Hermoine is black and Harry is a paki